The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Feminist Says Chip and Joanna Gaines are 'Irresponsible' for Having 5 Children

Fixer Upper stars Chip and Joanna Gaines recently announced that they are pregnant with their fifth child. While the majority of viewers and fans shared the couple’s joy and congratulated them, a radical feminist recently wrote a piece in which she calls them “irresponsible.”

More...

Perhaps we could take action to begin 'population control' by euthanizing "extreme feminists" since they apparently don't want children and are, by definition, non-essential to the survival of the species. It is not the Christian answer, but I am attempting to honor her wishes and employ strict Darwinian scientific logic to the problem. :)

• Like 2

If they can afford five children and support them themselves, I see no problem with it. It is people who have multiple children they can't support and let them go hungry and live in poor conditions or abandon them that I despise.

Who has even heard of this feminist to begin with?

If it weren't for these non-issues these insignificant people, such as this feminist would not have a chance to show how offensive they are to the rest of the world.

Who has even heard of this feminist to begin with?

If it weren't for these non-issues these insignificant people, such as this feminist would not have a chance to show how offensive they are to the rest of the world.

As Kristen Pyszczyk is a CBC reporter, a lot of people will have heard of her. The original article is here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/chip-joanna-gains-pregnancy-1.4481165 commenting on a social media backlash the couple received when they announced the pregnancy. It is a little more balanced than the summary above suggests and somewhat tongue-in-cheek, e.g. one of the reasons she suggests not having children is "And to top it off, Prince is dead. Don't bring a child into this." but there are issues, partly when she says that feminists should oppose "telling a woman what to do with her body" and then spends the rest of the article doing exactly that.

• Like 1

As Kristen Pyszczyk is a CBC reporter, a lot of people will have heard of her. The original article is here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/chip-...ancy-1.4481165 commenting on a social media backlash the couple received when they announced the pregnancy. It is a little more balanced than the summary above suggests and somewhat tongue-in-cheek, e.g. one of the reasons she suggests not having children is "And to top it off, Prince is dead. Don't bring a child into this." but there are issues, partly when she says that feminists should oppose "telling a woman what to do with her body" and then spends the rest of the article doing exactly that.

You don't have to be unheard of to make yourself insignificant. All you need to do is irritate people enough to make their eyes glaze over when your name is brought up.

Case in point PETA, Bill and Hillary Clinton, ect.

Maybe she just needs to give marriage and family a shot? The things is, I've heard about our need for population control for most of my life. One time that stands out in my mind was at the Ansel Adams Gallery in Carmel, CA back around 1990 (at that time there were almost 5 billion people living on the planet). It seemed like everyone in the gallery was there to talk about the same thing, how our very survival depended upon aggressive population control (me, I was just there to look at the photography, but I seemed to be the only one in the store who was content to do so). But here were are today, with the population up by more than 2.5 billion since then, and we're still here :RpS_smile: We still have the same sorts of problems that we had back then, of course, poverty and starvation, but the reason people are starving today isn't because we don't have enough food to feed them (it wasn't back then either).

BTW, I don't believe she's a reporter for the CBC as she seems to be in the communications end of banking industry professionally, but as her bio says, her articles have appeared on the CBC online opinion website (and elsewhere). Here is the summary of her personal bio from Linked.In:

I am an effective and creative communicator specializing in employee engagement, thought leadership, and executive communications. My writing has appeared on The Globe and Mail and CBC Opinion websites, and I'm open to freelance writing work.

I love brainstorming new ways to engage employees and innovate company culture.

My interests include cats, diversity of thought, mental health, new media, feminism, and Prince - preferably all at once.

So, definitely not an "expert", just someone voicing their opinion, though she does seem a talented writer anyway. Here's another one of her articles about life as a "functional alcoholic" as she calls it: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...ticle34209514/

About The Author

kristen-pyszczyk.jpg

Kristen Pyszczyk

Kristen Pyszczyk is a writer and IT communications professional living in Toronto. Her

areas of focus include feminism, mental health, addiction, pop culture and digital media.

Her work has appeared on the Globe and Mail and Quiet Revolution websites.

They are just obeying the creation ordinance Be fruitful and multiply. They are actually contributing to society as opposed to this whiner who contributes nothing but the dumbing down of culture.

• Like 1

Amazing that all these pro abortion and birth control supporters are all alive.

• Like 1

Amazing that all these pro abortion and birth control supporters are all alive.

:RpS_smile:

Maybe she just needs to give marriage and family a shot? The things is, I've heard about our need for population control for most of my life. One time that stands out in my mind was at the Ansel Adams Gallery in Carmel, CA back around 1990 (at that time there were almost 5 billion people living on the planet). It seemed like everyone in the gallery was there to talk about the same thing, how our very survival depended upon aggressive population control (me, I was just there to look at the photography, but I seemed to be the only one in the store who was content to do so). But here were are today, with the population up by more than 2.5 billion since then, and we're still here :RpS_smile: We still have the same sorts of problems that we had back then, of course, poverty and starvation, but the reason people are starving today isn't because we don't have enough food to feed them (it wasn't back then either).

BTW, I don't believe she's a reporter for the CBC as she seems to be in the communications end of banking industry professionally, but as her bio says, her articles have appeared on the CBC online opinion website (and elsewhere). Here is the summary of her personal bio from Linked.In:

I am an effective and creative communicator specializing in employee engagement, thought leadership, and executive communications. My writing has appeared on The Globe and Mail and CBC Opinion websites, and I'm open to freelance writing work.

I love brainstorming new ways to engage employees and innovate company culture.

My interests include cats, diversity of thought, mental health, new media, feminism, and Prince - preferably all at once.

So, definitely not an "expert", just someone voicing their opinion, though she does seem a talented writer anyway. Here's another one of her articles about life as a "functional alcoholic" as she calls it: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...ticle34209514/

About The Author

kristen-pyszczyk.jpg

Kristen Pyszczyk

Kristen Pyszczyk is a writer and IT communications professional living in Toronto. Her

areas of focus include feminism, mental health, addiction, pop culture and digital media.

Her work has appeared on the Globe and Mail and Quiet Revolution websites.

At least up until the end of last century if you allowed 23 inches between people you could have fit the entire population at that time in the city of Jacksonville Florida. So much for overcrowding.

• Like 1

They are just obeying the creation ordinance Be fruitful and multiply. They are actually contributing to society as opposed to this whiner who contributes nothing but the dumbing down of culture.

Wait, that was so long ago. Surely the Lord canceled His ordinance to "be fruitful and multiply" somewhere along the way, didn't He :RpS_confused: ............................................. :RpS_smile:

• Like 1

I wish others wouldn't choose to sensationalize stuff like this and make "news" out of it :RpS_thumbdn: (as ChatterBox has already pointed out for us earlier in this thread). And like Just_Me mentioned above, who'd ever heard of her anyway? The answer, no one really, until Christian Headlines.com decided to make her op-ed rant into "news" for all of us to enjoy (simply because she used a famous Christian reality tv couple to draw attention to it .. smart of her to do so, of course).

If you ever have the spare time, calculate just how much room you need for the population of the Earth. I checked the math once. If we gathered everyone into auditorium seating, we could all fit in Texas. If we all gathered together in a 'suburb' of 8 houses per acre, we could all fit in North America. If we wanted to feed all those 7 billion people living in North America, we would need to convert all of South America and Europe to farms. That would still leave Asia, Africa, Australia and Antarctica as unsettled wilderness. Somebody isn't telling the truth about the population crisis.

• Like 3

If you ever have the spare time, calculate just how much room you need for the population of the Earth. I checked the math once. If we gathered everyone into auditorium seating, we could all fit in Texas. If we all gathered together in a 'suburb' of 8 houses per acre, we could all fit in North America. If we wanted to feed all those 7 billion people living in North America, we would need to convert all of South America and Europe to farms. That would still leave Asia, Africa, Australia and Antarctica as unsettled wilderness. Somebody isn't telling the truth about the population crisis.

A recent "right" political argument suggests that we are in danger as a nation because there's not enough of a young population. Example, for Social Security to work, there has to be a constant stream of young able bodies working to support the elderly and disabled. We have too many elderly and not enough young able bodies, which may be due to aborting an entire generation of 57 million people since 1973 Roe v. Wade.

It is people who have multiple children they can't support and let them go hungry and live in poor conditions or abandon them that I despise.

You and I are forced to pay for the children of such people.

I wish others wouldn't choose to sensationalize stuff like this and make "news" out of it :RpS_thumbdn: (as ChatterBox has already pointed out for us earlier in this thread). And like Just_Me mentioned above, who'd ever heard of her anyway? The answer, no one really, until Christian Headlines.com decided to make her op-ed rant into "news" for all of us to enjoy (simply because she used a famous Christian reality tv couple to draw attention to it .. smart of her to do so, of course).

The reason sher did that is to get a reaction and get free publicity. I've spoken till I'm blue in the face about this knee jerk reaction that many Christians have when it comes to publicity stunts from those who seek to look and be provocative.

I remember when, I think Vanity Fair had a picture of what was supposed to be a nude picture of Milly Cyrus when she was 17. The religious right came out in droves and the readership on that particular issue skyrocketed. After all the dust settled I took a look at the picture and it was a picture from her back with her hair covering most of her back and the bottom of the picture was cut off about her shoulder blade area. I could see her taking this picture wearing a haulter top that left the shoulders bare, without anyone noticing she was wearing the thing., Her hair would cover the haulter straps that went around her neck and the back would be below where the picture bottom was crooped. What thew right did was sell another million or so copies of nothing and did both Vanity Fair and Milly Cyrus a big favor.

We really need to stop reacting to stupid people doing stupid stuff unless there is an imanant danger of someone getting hurt.

• Like 2