Sign in to follow this  
ConfessionalLutheran

Let's Be Fair

It looks like not everybody who chooses to worship on Saturday is a Seventh- day Adventist. In point of fact, it seems like there is a group that is aptly called " Seventh- Day Baptists" who worship on Saturday, as well. This link will take you to their website. I (obviously) might take issue with some of their theology, but they seem like they're straight- up Christians of the Baptist tradition: http://seventhdaybaptist.org/about/statement-of-belief/

• Like 1

It looks like not everybody who chooses to worship on Saturday is a Seventh- day Adventist. In point of fact, it seems like there is a group that is aptly called " Seventh- Day Baptists" who worship on Saturday, as well. This link will take you to their website. I (obviously) might take issue with some of their theology, but they seem like they're straight- up Christians of the Baptist tradition: http://seventhdaybaptist.org/about/statement-of-belief/

Hello ConfessionalLutheran,

There are more than just your Baptist belonging to the 7th Day groups. The one I generally fellowship with is the Church of God 7th Day, Denver Conference. There are some others that go by Church of God 7th Day. One is based in Merridan, Idaho. I believe they are just a loosely based group of Independent Churches. I could be wrong about that group as it has been years since I heard anything. The Worldwide Church of God in Pasadena CA broke up after their founder (Herbert Armstrong) died. His son Garner Ted Armstrong has his own outfit in Texas (Tyler I believe). I believe is is called the Universal Church of God. Anyway, you can see a lot of representation from these groups that came out the Adventist Movement of 1844. Ellen G. White became a point of contention when she published her false prophecies. I feel we are still unlocking end of days prophecy as the time draws nearer. No one or group probably has all truths, so we need to remain humble about our approach to scripture.

Yours,

Deade

• Like 1

Hello ConfessionalLutheran,

There are more than just your Baptist belonging to the 7th Day groups. The one I generally fellowship with is the Church of God 7th Day, Denver Conference. There are some others that go by Church of God 7th Day. One is based in Merridan, Idaho. I believe they are just a loosely based group of Independent Churches. I could be wrong about that group as it has been years since I heard anything. The Worldwide Church of God in Pasadena CA broke up after their founder (Herbert Armstrong) died. His son Garner Ted Armstrong has his own outfit in Texas (Tyler I believe). I believe is is called the Universal Church of God. Anyway, you can see a lot of representation from these groups that came out the Adventist Movement of 1844. Ellen G. White became a point of contention when she published her false prophecies. I feel we are still unlocking end of days prophecy as the time draws nearer. No one or group probably has all truths, so we need to remain humble about our approach to scripture.

Yours,

Deade

You're absolutely right and I'll add my " amen" to that, the last part about our remaining humble as we approach God's Word.

Edited by ConfessionalLutheran
Clarification.

Yes there is no command to worship on a certain day in the New Covenant. The early congregation met on a regular basis not just on Saturday or Sunday. The New Covenant says that we are to meet for worship and not to forsake the assembling of our selves together but does not say on what day. Since Christ rose on the first day of the week the early congregation met on that day (as well as others) . The congregation is free to meet on any day as long as they do meet for worship.

• Like 1