The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums is:

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
Sign in to follow this  
Matto

Cars and wildlife

One of the things that as annoyed me for a long time, is the number of pelicans that run over wildlife and drive off not checking if the animal is dead. Just the other day I had to put down a roo that was suffering terribly with a broken spine and legs. She lifted her head when I pulled up in the dark, and I couldn't believe some bloke left her like that.

Always carry something to put down an animal, these are God's creatures and don't deserve to be left in agonising pain.

• Like 1

Hey mate (trying to use your terms here) I am not sure what a "pelicans" are, but I am guessing it means a dumb jerk? Right? I live out in a rural area where stupid idiot people dump off pets they loved as babies, but when all grown up they can't deal with. We get these pets now turned wild, attacking our chickens, cats, and so forth. That means I have to destroy these wild dogs. I hate to kill animals, it makes me sick inside to end the lives of these dogs. If that's anything like you feel I fully understand how you feel.

• Like 1

Where I live people drive like ding songs. It could be in the middle of a thunder storm and people still speed down the road. I even wittenessed a fatal car accident right in front of my house, not to mention the other accidents on the same road. We have deer here, even when driving the speed limit they're hard to see running out of the woods to cross the road. People don't do anything when they hit one, they just leave it to rot on the side of the road.

• Like 1

Where I live people drive like ding songs. It could be in the middle of a thunder storm and people still speed down the road. I even wittenessed a fatal car accident right in front of my house, not to mention the other accidents on the same road. We have deer here, even when driving the speed limit they're hard to see running out of the woods to cross the road. People don't do anything when they hit one, they just leave it to rot on the side of the road.

We have lots of deer here as well. They like to feed on the grass next to the highway, where the grass in tender and green most of the year. At night we drive 45 mph so we have time to avoid hitting these deer. They can do thousands of dollars damage, even been know to kill drives in accidents.

• Like 1

For some reason we see a lot more of them in the winter, I think winter might be theyer mating season. We aslo see more when it's a full moon.

Hey mate (trying to use your terms here) I am not sure what a "pelicans" are, but I am guessing it means a dumb jerk? Right? I live out in a rural area where stupid idiot people dump off pets they loved as babies, but when all grown up they can't deal with. We get these pets now turned wild, attacking our chickens, cats, and so forth. That means I have to destroy these wild dogs. I hate to kill animals, it makes me sick inside to end the lives of these dogs. If that's anything like you feel I fully understand how you feel.

I don't know what these people are thinking, someone needs to sit them on a stump and tell them the story, because they are doing a lot of damage out there.

We have lots of deer here as well. They like to feed on the grass next to the highway, where the grass in tender and green most of the year. At night we drive 45 mph so we have time to avoid hitting these deer. They can do thousands of dollars damage, even been know to kill drives in accidents.

In Australia we have bull bars on our vehicles, so the animals come off second best usually.

In Australia we have bull bars on our vehicles, so the animals come off second best usually.

A few trucks have them here. On my 2017 RAM 1500, I do not have them, reason is they do not allow the air bags to go off in an accident. In all my 57 years of driving I have never hit a deer, only 2 dogs. My bride (of almost 49 years) did hit a deer, that hit our 2005 Jeep Liberty, and walked away, did $2,000.00 of damage. But that all we have ever hit. For the cost and loss of the air bag protection I really don't think its worth it. Now just watch and see now that I have said this we will hit a darn deer. Oh I hope not!

William here in Gods country, (Missouri) if you hit a deer you can keep it. Now if your vehicle is unable to be driven that's a problem. But you have to notify the Highway Troopers to get permission. If you find a road kill and its still good (I do not know how you'd tell) you call the Troopers and ask to take it. I think the bladder and internal guts might be a mess and hardly worth it. However deer meat is very good and one of the better meats that's healthy to eat.

I do not hunt, maybe that's why we have deer around our four acres. Mainly does except when the rut comes, then we have a couple of bucks hanging about. This year we had a ten pointer staying in front of our dinning room window, and in where we park our truck.

William here in Gods country, (Missouri) if you hit a deer you can keep it. Now if your vehicle is unable to be driven that's a problem. But you have to notify the Highway Troopers to get permission. If you find a road kill and its still good (I do not know how you'd tell) you call the Troopers and ask to take it. I think the bladder and internal guts might be a mess and hardly worth it. However deer meat is very good and one of the better meats that's healthy to eat.

Wouldn't the snow preserve them till spring? You could harvest a great deal in that case.

I do not hunt, maybe that's why we have deer around our four acres. Mainly does except when the rut comes, then we have a couple of bucks hanging about. This year we had a ten pointer staying in front of our dinning room window, and in where we park our truck.

I think animals can detect people who love Jesus. But not shooting them would also help.

• Like 1