The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
walkwithme

Lost my mother to suicide

18 years ago my mother ended her own life after becoming mentally ill a few years before that. This keeps me up, restless and heartbroken, at nights - because I don’t know if she is with God. She believed and she loved God, so shouldn’t she be with him now - even though she committed suicide? I can’t stand the thought that she might still be suffering.

Encouraging words would be much appreciated, thank you.

I'm very sorry to here about your loss. I am not learned enough to know about such things spiritually, but I know of your loss. My mother is still alive, but she is lost in the world of the Jehovah's witnesses, so for all intents and purposes, she is dead and died of her own choices. I greive for you and your loss. I will pray for the both of you.

18 years ago my mother ended her own life after becoming mentally ill a few years before that. This keeps me up, restless and heartbroken, at nights - because I don’t know if she is with God. She believed and she loved God, so shouldn’t she be with him now - even though she committed suicide? I can’t stand the thought that she might still be suffering.

Christ is King precisely because he accepts everyone -- EVERYONE.

If a crippled person goes walking and stumbles and falls and dies because of their disability, are they to blame for going on a walk? Absolutely not. Likewise, the condition your mother had in life absolves her of her stumble. If this principle is false, then I reject Christ. But the comfort of the Spirit of goodness tells me it's true.

I am sorry that you have to go through that. I pray that God will strengthen and comfort you by His Spirit. The truth is nobody will know who is saved and who is lost until the day Christ returns to resurrect His people. But you can rest in the fact that your mother is resting in the grave until the resurrection. "For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day." John 6:40.

"But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death." "Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed." 1 Cor. 15:20-26, 52

If a crippled person goes walking and stumbles and falls and dies because of their disability, are they to blame for going on a walk? Absolutely not. Likewise, the condition your mother had in life absolves her of her stumble. If this principle is false, then I reject Christ. But the comfort of the Spirit of goodness tells me it's true.

What are you saying? God does not accept everyone! Unless a person has received the Holy Spirits call to come to Jesus Christ and they have made the choice to become a follower of Jesus Christ, they are not saved and in heaven or will be when they die!

Any other view that what I stated is a cult and a false religion designed by Satan himself!

You and I have no idea what your mom did with Jesus Christ for sure. You have a glimpse of what you think she believed, and for your peace of mind I would let it rest with that. You can ask for the Lord to give your true peace/ The true peace is though Jesus Christ of course.I am more concerned if you have made the choice to become a true Follower of Jesus Christ. Have you done that walkwith me? If so could your share that with me?

What are you saying? God does not accept everyone! Unless a person has received the Holy Spirits call to come to Jesus Christ and they have made the choice to become a follower of Jesus Christ, they are not saved and in heaven or will be when they die!

Any other view that what I stated is a cult and a false religion designed by Satan himself!

What I am saying is that @walkwithme should not fear in regard to their mother's present state. This is because Christ has saved those who accept to be healed by him, having faith in him. And @walkwithme has testified that their mother put her faith in God. Therefore she will be healed, and will dwell with Christ.

Best wishes @walkwithme.

Prayers.

You and I have no idea what your mom did with Jesus Christ for sure. You have a glimpse of what you think she believed, and for your peace of mind I would let it rest with that. You can ask for the Lord to give your true peace/ The true peace is though Jesus Christ of course.I am more concerned if you have made the choice to become a true Follower of Jesus Christ. Have you done that walkwith me? If so could your share that with me?

Sometimes we mean the best in what we say, and yet, it comes off in a way we didn't intend. Sometimes we're insensitive when we mean to be the opposite. Think about this. You might want to edit your post.

Seven times seventy.

Sometimes we mean the best in what we say, and yet, it comes off in a way we didn't intend. Sometimes we're insensitive when we mean to be the opposite. Think about this. You might want to edit your post.

Seven times seventy.

Please do not suggest I edit my post. With all sincerity and the Bible as my source I posted what is true and faithful.

Please do not suggest I edit my post. With all sincerity and the Bible as my source I posted what is true and faithful.

"Your mistake is that you don't know the Scriptures ..." Matthew 22:29

I tried to protect both you and the OP. I had hoped that you'd reconsider and think about how your words might affect the OP. But then again, fools rush in.

I hope you're forgiven here and not banned.

I still can't believe you said what you said.

I'm very sorry to here about your loss. I am not learned enough to know about such things spiritually, but I know of your loss. My mother is still alive, but she is lost in the world of the Jehovah's witnesses, so for all intents and purposes, she is dead and died of her own choices. I greive for you and your loss. I will pray for the both of you.

Thank you for taking your time and reaching out to a stranger. I will pray for you, much love.

Thank you, for your strength and for taking your time to show kindness and concern for a stranger. You will be in my prayers.

I am sorry that you have to go through that. I pray that God will strengthen and comfort you by His Spirit. The truth is nobody will know who is saved and who is lost until the day Christ returns to resurrect His people. But you can rest in the fact that your mother is resting in the grave until the resurrection. "For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day." John 6:40.

"But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death." "Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed." 1 Cor. 15:20-26, 52

Thank you very much, actually this gives me comfort. I have found these answers too in the bible, but sometimes it helps a lot hearing it from someone else. I will pray for you.

• Like 1

I will not write what goes through my mind reading this - I have come to learn that far from many can understand the very real and deep grief a child goes through when losing a parent. Some will always be blind.

You need not be concerned for me, this seems very odd to me. What makes you question my faith?

I will pray for you though

"Your mistake is that you don't know the Scriptures ..." Matthew 22:29

I tried to protect both you and the OP. I had hoped that you'd reconsider and think about how your words might affect the OP. But then again, fools rush in.

I hope you're forgiven here and not banned.

I still can't believe you said what you said.

I just flagged you. Let the Moderator make that choice to ban me. Unless a person has made Jesus Christ Lord there is no hope of salvation, John 3:16. That is very basic Christianity.

Many people express love for God. Ther are many who think they are saved and going to heaven, but are in truth not genuinely Followers of Jesus Christ.

Take for instance the Latter Day Saints, its a cult. That is not Christianity. If you are a Latter Day Saint as you name suggest you are indeed unsaved. If you are thinking that way you will find serious rebuttal against your posting here. Please do not attempt to contradict Scripture again.

I just flagged you. Let the Moderator make that choice to ban me. Unless a person has made Jesus Christ Lord there is no hope of salvation, John 3:16. That is very basic Christianity.

Many people express love for God. Ther are many who think they are saved and going to heaven, but are in truth not genuinely Followers of Jesus Christ.

Take for instance the Latter Day Saints, its a cult. That is not Christianity. If you are a Latter Day Saint as you name suggest you are indeed unsaved. If you are thinking that way you will find serious rebuttal against your posting here. Please do not attempt to contradict Scripture again.

Must you have this discussion here, in my thread? Cant you have it privately? Please, not here.

• Like 2

I was born with a condition which has impacted my life heavily, in my ability to empathize and understand others. Not until I received the Spirit was I taught somewhat of these things. Yes sir, I am indeed saved. For God first loved me in a way no other had, that now I may love others. I'm not perfect at it, but I pray (being the sinner that I am) that I will be made perfect at it, in the likeness of Christ.

That being said, I hope someone will admonish you here; that you may grow a little more empathy. Attacking someone's religion in this context is out of order.

The Spirit is gentle and kind; and I don't feel that from you.

Good day. I've said my peace.

I was born with a condition which has impacted my life heavily, in my ability to empathize and understand others. Not until I received the Spirit was I taught somewhat of these things. Yes sir, I am indeed saved. For God first loved me in a way no other had, that now I may love others. I'm not perfect at it, but I pray (being the sinner that I am) that I will be made perfect at it, in the likeness of Christ.

That being said, I hope someone will admonish you here; that you may grow a little more empathy. Attacking someone's religion in this context is out of order.

The Spirit is gentle and kind; and I don't feel that from you.

Good day. I've said my peace.

Are you a Latter day Saint? Am I wrong in perceiving that?

Must you have this discussion here, in my thread? Cant you have it privately? Please, not here.

You are so right. I am so sorry to have caused you any grief. The LDS ia a Cult and what he said was in correct.

I do understand a little of what you must feel. I am deeply sorry for your loss. My dad passed with acute mental disorder. He was a mean man and even his church attendance had little effect on his way he treated my mother, and his children. He said he loved Jesus Christ. I never saw him read the Bible or really display genuine faith.

Yes it still bothers me, but I have learned to just leave that up to Jesus Christ. I have learned I want to finish my life more openly, so it leaves no doubt. That is the best way I have learned to cope.

Again I am deeply sorry for my causing you any sadness and I hope you forgive me. I pray that this time of grief will be a time the Holy Spirit will be close to you.. God bless you dear friend.

You are so right. I am so sorry to have caused you any grief. The LDS ia a Cult and what he said was in correct.

I do understand a little of what you must feel. I am deeply sorry for your loss. My dad passed with acute mental disorder. He was a mean man and even his church attendance had little effect on his way he treated my mother, and his children. He said he loved Jesus Christ. I never saw him read the Bible or really display genuine faith.

Yes it still bothers me, but I have learned to just leave that up to Jesus Christ. I have learned I want to finish my life more openly, so it leaves no doubt. That is the best way I have learned to cope.

Again I am deeply sorry for my causing you any sadness and I hope you forgive me. I pray that this time of grief will be a time the Holy Spirit will be close to you.. God bless you dear friend.

Thank you for your response and I am sorry if i judged too fast. I understand where you are coming from and I thank you for sharing. Much love and merry christmas (to you all)!

• Like 1

G'day walkwithme,

My condolences to you. I know that holidays can be difficult for those of us that have lost loved ones.

Around this time of year memories of my grandmother seem to always surface. She passed when I was around 10 yrs of age. Her body was found floating in a pool. It was unclear as to whether it was an accident or intentional. She had lost her husband, my grandfather only a year before and was heart broken.

What I do know is what brings me comfort. I have faith that God is perfect in knowledge. Whether God demonstrates justice or mercy, wrath or grace, the saints shall praise Him. One day I will know her end, but until then the Lord's attributes comfort me, as I know she's in no better hands than that of God's. And there is no one more better to decide upon her final destiny than God for He alone is perfect.

God bless,

William

Thank you very much for your input, much appreciated

Thank you for your response and I am sorry if i judged too fast. I understand where you are coming from and I thank you for sharing. Much love and merry christmas (to you all)!

Thank you for accepting my heart felt apology. I was afraid I had so offended you, there was no way you would understand where I was truly coming from.

Your post has given relief from a really sad heart. I too wish you a blessed Christmas and a healing for your heart and soul. God bless you.

Dude, you're good. We are, however, watching your dialogue partner. @walkwithme , I am so sorry for your loss. I pray for your comfort and consolation.

• Like 2

Judging by what you say I think your is in heaven praising God. But what I'd really like to point out is you must know remember that all God does is righ and dose what is good for us, even when it's impossible to understand how it could be. There will be a day of no more pain and sadness, live for that day.

I pray Christ brings you peace.

• Like 2