Sign in to follow this  
erealmz

Looking for a partner

Hi guys. I'm looking for a girlfriend. I'm tired of being alone. And I mean TIRED of it. I know what you guys will say. Someone will come along. God has someone for me. All that jazz. But I'm not going to just wait around for some perfect Angel. I'm by myself out here in this world. Don't have many friends or family. I can count them all on 10 fingers. Not that I need a lot of people in my life. But I do need that one person. Because I sit here all diddly day long doing nothing. I'm bored to death. I work and make decent, honest money. But other than that, I have no life.

I'm not looking for advice. I'm just venting. I know that Satan wants me to commit suicide. (Even though I don't believe in him or have suicidal thoughts). I just feel that that is the case based on how unimportant and unneeded I feel.

I used to help out at my church doing volunteer work every Saturday. They was great. But due to circumstances beyond my control, I can no longer do that. So I basically have no social interaction with anyone aside from the common "thank you, come again" at the checkout line.

At first I was okay with it. I needed time to myself. But that's done with and I'm ready to move on. So I've been actively seeking someone to spend time with. I've tried dating sites. I've tried night outs (I'll be honest, I'm talking about bars and pubs). I've tried church. But I just can't seem interest anyone enough to pursue further relations with me. Every night I just sit here and watch Netflix... By myself. I'm so sick of it.

I feel like just running across the ocean and never looking back. Or jumping to the Moon. I feel like escaping this reality because I don't feel compatible with it. Like I don't belong here. I must do something soon or I might jump off the deep end.

Love. Peace. Respect.

Hello erealmz,

First up, are you just being too picky? I ask because if you were on dating sites you can find people with similar interests without wasting a lot of time/money getting to know someone only to find out that you just aren't a good match.

Next - I felt I was also in almost the same circumstances many years ago so I just packed up and flew out to Asia to live. Now seeing that you already have a good job perhaps you can just visit for an extended period (holiday). At the time I had no job and no girlfriend. I wasn't destitute but I really needed a change. Point is there are tons of girls (when I say "girls" I mean 18 years and older) out here that are really cool. When I first arrived in South Korea I couldn't believe that there were so many really pretty girls without that "what about my rights attitude." Yeah they ain't perfect and like everywhere one must be careful. Japan was great too. Moved to the Philippines for a few years and got married. I'm now teaching in China and so many of the foreign teachers have girlfriends here - several that I know got married.

Wow man you're very lucky. I've never been to any of those places. But I most agree with you, women here in the states have some pretty wicked world views as they allow society to dictate their thoughts, feelings and behaviors.

• Like 1

Hey I understand the feeling. But first seek Jesus. I'm not saying pray about a girl friend or wife. I'm saying put him first. God needs to be first. God knows your struggles and fears. Make Jesus your everything and you will be fulfilled. Give him thanks in everything you do. Jesus loves more than anyone else. And Satan is very real wither you believe it or not.