The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
atruelove2005

How Do You Know It's True Love?

Love can be pretty powerful. It is the most basic human emotion that everyone is capable of. Some people say "you just know" when you've met that person meant to be in your life. It is described as a soul-consuming, all-encompassing, takes-your-breath-away kind of feeling by those who know it.

Others say that the butterflies in their stomach flutter whenever their loved one is near. While most people don't believe in fanciful feelings like this, those who have encountered true love do.

So, how do you know it’s true love? For me, it’s:

1.Their happiness is yours - You do little things for your partner like sending them their favorite food at work, giving them a massage after a long day, or simply fixing them a cup of their favorite beverage for no reason at all. You do things that please them for their sake without being told to or whatnot because it simply makes them happy.

2. You always notice the little things – You pay more attention to the little details in your partner including his habits, preferences and food choices. Chances are, before your current partner, you never noticed these things. This is related to the first one, but you know how to make your partner’s coffee exactly the way they want it, or how they want their eggs in the morning.

3.Being with them feels like coming home – You feel more at ease in their presence than anywhere in the world without them. Their effect on you feels like a warm hug which reassures you and comforts you like no other.

4.You don’t desire other people - You still feel attraction for other people, but you don’t necessarily desire them. Yes, other people are beautiful/handsome but you don’t want them because you have someone you truly value.

5.You resolve conflicts right away – You both know you are adults, and you’re done playing with games. In past relationships, issues may take a few days before it is resolved. But it’s true love when you both can’t stand going to bed at night when there’s something wrong going on between the two of you.

How about you? How would you describe what true love feels like? Let me know in this thread!

I initially got the warm fuzzies and they were quite overpowering.

In addition to what you wrote, keep the flames of passion burning in the marriage. Many women love the mysterious so say things to them like "I hope we don't get caught." :) Stuff like that. They love it.

Also do goofy things with them like sneak in and pour a small glass of cold water on them when they shower. They'll hate it at the time but later love you for it because it's so "different" and "unpredictable."

Also, in terms of being pretty and beautiful never use beautiful to describe other ladies. They can be "pretty" or "very pretty". Reserve "beautiful" for your true love. When the weather is gloomy tell her it's okay because she is the sunshine of your day/life. She'll love ya for it.

When the relationship can still stand even if that loving feeling isn't there. There's times where husband and wife might feel like the love is gone, but love is not gone when love is the code of ethics.