The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Saint101

Please pray for me

My name is Jonah and I am struggling with my sanity. I am in a group home against my will. My family has abandoned me and I feel like its me against the world.

• Like 2

Dear Jonah:

I know nothing about you but this. Jesus is God's first name and He can right anything. If you are not a true believer in Him then I pray you turn to Him with all your heart. He will renew you and give you the mind of christ.

For God has not given you a spirit of fear but of power and of love and a sound mind.

Seek Him with your whole heart. Others may pray but only you can decide to trust Him.

• Like 3

My name is Jonah and I am struggling with my sanity. I am in a group home against my will. My family has abandoned me and I feel like its me against the world.

Im praying for you Jonah,in Jesus name amen

• Like 1

Hi Jonah,

To the above right words, I can add just this,

...Thou wilt keep him in Perfect Peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee... (Isaiah 26:3)

Thus, your struggling is all about meditating on the Word of GOD, which, in turn, requires good studying of Holy Scriptures.

May GOD be with you.

Igor Evgen

Edited by Igor Evgen
  • Like 1

The Lord sees your situation and knows what you are going through. If He is with you, who can be against you? He has overcome the world. I'd encourage you to get into Gods word for encouragement and to sustain you. I will pray for you

• Like 1

Jonah I can hear your the pain in your post. It has to be heart braking to feel you family has abandoned you. I can only imagine how you must feel. My heart goes out to you Jonah.

Do you have a Bible Jonah? If not you can look on the internet to read some verses I have for you. Psalm 37:1-7; Psalm 55:22; Isaiah 26:3; Jeremiah 17:7, Matthew 11:28; Luke 18:27; John 14:27 Romans 8:31; Philippians 4:13. These are verses that I personally have been comforted by.

I have just finished praying for you Jonah. Are you a Follower of Jesus Christ Jonah? I hope these verses help. God bless you Jonah..

Will be praying for you JOnah!

To find some comfort- read the account of Joseph. He too was put in a place against His will and HIs relationship with god was deepened because of it! Hang as tough as ou can.

• Like 1