Jump to content

The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
ChatterBox

Christians return to town ISIS destroyed

Recommended Posts

The Iraqi mainly-Christian town of Karamles was devastated by ISIS, but now the first ten families have returned and more are following. Liberated in the Battle of Mosul last year, the town is still mostly destroyed. No electricity has been restored yet, but families are applying for funds to rebuild homes, Church services have resumed and schools will reopen next month. They are hoping for another 250 families to return, with more coming as the town rebuilds.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to here some are able to start returning home.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is mixed news. Of the 800 families that lived there, only 300 have been able to return so far and 300 more may not return at all. However they are reciving support from Christian groups worldwide.

Update 2018 April 24th

 

However in areas like Qaraqosh church services have resumed, and the city is slowly recovering.

https://www.opendoorsuk.org/news/stories/iraq-180426/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm concerned for it happening again though

 

if anyone deserves asylum it would be these special people

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Truthfrees said:

i'm concerned for it happening again though

 

if anyone deserves asylum it would be these special people

I think it is very telling that these people who truly deserve asylum want to rebuild and return to their own homes. The least we can do is provide them with all the halp available to build a safe and thriving town, although the Red Cross appeal for them seems to have closed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChatterBox said:

I think it is very telling that these people who truly deserve asylum want to rebuild and return to their own homes. The least we can do is provide them with all the halp available to build a safe and thriving town, although the Red Cross appeal for them seems to have closed.

yes - i guess you are right - if they want to rebuild then they deserve support

 

if it was my family though i would do everything i could to get them to go somewhere safe

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wound up listening to a sermon, sitting right next to a Syrian Christian! He felt led to attend a Bible College near here. Shortly after he left, his hometown was a battlefield against daesh; it never fell though.

 

He could not answer any of my questions, and had no opinion on anything in the region. All he would say about it was "I don't know."

 

That US foreign policy helped create the whole tragedy only makes matters worse.

  • Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RazeontheRock said:

That US foreign policy helped create the whole tragedy only makes matters worse.

That's been happening for quite sometime now... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

That's been happening for quite sometime now... 

Yeah, it has.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 6:33 AM, Uncle Siggy said:

That's been happening for quite sometime now... 

This is part of the reason Trump got elected, right? To stop that nonsense.

I'd like to see poppy production in Afghanistan go unprotected by US efforts, can we add that to the campaign platform?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RazeontheRock said:

This is part of the reason Trump got elected, right? To stop that nonsense.

I'd like to see poppy production in Afghanistan go unprotected by US efforts, can we add that to the campaign platform?

A little bit of napalm would solve the problem...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 9:26 AM, RazeontheRock said:

This is part of the reason Trump got elected, right? To stop that nonsense.

I'd like to see poppy production in Afghanistan go unprotected by US efforts, can we add that to the campaign platform?

Intelligence agencies involved in drug trade.  This has been going on for 1/2 a century.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CDF47 said:

Intelligence agencies involved in drug trade.  This has been going on for 1/2 a century.

Yes, unfortunately the very nature of intelligence agencies demand secrecy; but that very secrecy allows unchecked power which lead to unchecked corruption. I remember Ronald Reagan was humbled by the amount of intelligent, patriotic people that were willing to advise him on many issues. There still are good people that care about where the country is headed. These people, by their very nature, will seek the ear of the President. I hope Trump will listen to these advisors and start getting things right. Let's pray for our country's direction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, deade said:

Yes, unfortunately the very nature of intelligence agencies demand secrecy; but that very secrecy allows unchecked power which lead to unchecked corruption. I remember Ronald Reagan was humbled by the amount of intelligent, patriotic people that were willing to advise him on many issues. There still are good people that care about where the country is headed. These people, by their very nature, will seek the ear of the President. I hope Trump will listen to these advisors and start getting things right. Let's pray for our country's direction.

Yes, this reminds me of the JFK speech regarding secrecy and a free press.  Below is a portion of that speech:

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2018 at 9:25 AM, CDF47 said:

Intelligence agencies involved in drug trade.  This has been going on for 1/2 a century.

Cops always have the best dope. And were the outrageous pushers selling LSD. Now heroin?!?  Drain the swamp already, this is little better than sending the populace to gas chambers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RazeontheRock said:

Cops always have the best dope. And were the outrageous pushers selling LSD. Now heroin?!?  Drain the swamp already, this is little better than sending the populace to gas chambers.

Yeah, heroin use in the US has exploded since the war in Afghanistan.  Instead of burning down the poppie fields as promised, they are using them.  Same old game.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RazeontheRock said:

Who promised to burn down the poppy fields? The US, upon entering AF?

It was reported on Fox News that the poppy fields would be burnt down.  I can not find the exact clip but Geraldo Rivera was reporting I believe.  They were going to destroy them and rebuild with peppers,...  They had a US Marine being interviewed on the skit.

Edited by CDF47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 10:19 AM, ChatterBox said:

The Iraqi mainly-Christian town of Karamles was devastated by ISIS, but now the first ten families have returned and more are following. Liberated in the Battle of Mosul last year, the town is still mostly destroyed. No electricity has been restored yet, but families are applying for funds to rebuild homes, Church services have resumed and schools will reopen next month. They are hoping for another 250 families to return, with more coming as the town rebuilds.

Edited by Becky .. You have been asked to follow the ToS  please do so. 

 

Use Proper Grammar, Punctuation, and Capitalization:

If English is not your second language, then you are expected to show other board members the courtesy of properly punctuating and capitalizing your posts. It is commonplace on the web to disregard these rules but improper grammar does not demonstrate consideration toward others who are trying to understand what you communicate. Mistakes in grammar are understandable but willful sloth may result in posts being deleted if they are consistently sloppy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CDF47 said:

It was reported on Fox News that the poppy fields would be burnt down.  I can not find the exact clip but Geraldo Rivera was reporting I believe.  They were going to destroy them and rebuild with peppers,...  They had a US Marine being interviewed on the skit.

No More Opium, No More Money for Afghan Villagers | Fox News

 

Fox News Makes Excuse for CIA’s Afghan Opium Cultivation

 

US/NATO Troops Patrolling Opium Poppy Fields in Afghanistan | Public Intelligence

 

Taliban destroy poppy fields in surprise clampdown on Afghan opium growers | World news | The Guardian

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes it seem like everybody's in on it. 

Also raises respect for hard working US farmers who make a living growing wheat, which Afghani farmers haven't figured out how to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
Articles - News - Privacy Policy