The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
William

Air Force Chaplain Says Christians Must Put God Above The Constitution

Capt. Sonny Hernandez, an Air Force Reserve chaplain, believes that Christians who tolerate the practice of other religions are worshipping Satan, according to a blog post he for penned for Barbwire.com on Sept. 12.

"Christian service members who openly profess and support the rights of Muslims, Buddhists, and all other anti-Christian worldviews to practice their religions -- because the language in the Constitution permits -- are grossly in error, and deceived," Hernandez wrote.

Hernandez, who serves in the 445th Airlift Wing at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio and was his unit's Company Grade Officer of the Quarterin 2015, says heaven does not have a place for service members who put the Constitution -- particularly the establishment clause of the First Amendment -- above a Christian God. He believes it is his duty to make sure that chaplains across the military advise Christian service members on their duty not to tolerate other religions.

"Counterfeit Christians in the Armed Forces will appeal to the Constitution, and not Christ," he wrote.

The First Amendment states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Hernandez says that clause gives Christians the right to bag openly on other beliefs they deem heretical.

"According to the First Amendment, there is freedom of religion, and freedom of speech," Hernandez writes. "Christians in the Armed Forces should feel free to espouse and practice their convictions, and even deny participating, or accommodating a religion or practice that would cause them to sin -- regardless if it offends others or not."

Hernandez's proselytizing is well-known; the Military Religious Freedom Foundation has repeatedly asked the Department of Defense inspector general to investigate Hernandez, according to Newsweek. And the organization's founder believes that Hernandez bombast has grown since President Donald Trump took office.

"America's military members look to the president for direction and inspiration," Michael Weinstein, an Air Force Academy alumnus and MRFF founder, told Newsweek. "Trump's statements and actions have fully endorsed and validated this unbridled tidal wave of fundamentalist Christian persecution, which is now more inextricably intertwined into the very fabric of our Department of Defense than ever before."

Earlier this year, Weinstein told Newsweek that since Trump became president, MRFF has seen service member complaints about an influx of fundamentalist Christian inflections in military family programs skyrocket.

"With the advent of Trump as the commander in chief of our armed forces, MRFF has experienced a massive influx of new military and civilian personnel complaints of religion-based prejudice and bigotry, most of them coming from non-fundamentalist Christians being persecuted by their military superiors for not being 'Christian enough,'" Weinstein said.

For his part, Hernandez has written that MRFF is "actually a 'freedom from religion' foundation that harasses Christians." Recent estimates suggest that about two-thirds of all service members identify as Christian.

Source: http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/09/18/air-force-chaplain-says-christians-put-god-above-constitution.html

sounds like a ton of political horse dump, according to your post. as far as I know from being in the service some years ago, there is nothing in the service reg's that would prevent a true Christian from walking the walk. also when a person volunteers to become government property one agrees to the terms of service. and in this day and age no one made you volunteer.

also its delusional to think the constitution has anything to do with following Christ. the constitution is an agreement with a gov and its people, no God involved there, but again there is nothing there to prevent a believer in Christ to follow Christ. and the commandments are a agreement between God and His People, not the whole world.

just because you might be bound to the Lord God of Israel through Jesus Christ, doesn't mean everyone around you is. the Lord knows this and doesn't have a problem with it, why do so called Christians do?

Edited by DPMartin

I have read in a number of articles that Christians in the Military, especially Chaplin's are being forbidden to pray in Jesus name. Several Chaplin's have been discharged because they have refused to obey orders.

Clearly DPMartin has not been kept up to date as to what took place for the years President Obama's wicked evil was allowed and forced upon the Military. For instance, same sex marriage was permitted, Sex changes were allowed and paid for at tax payers expense, and homosexuals were to live openly in all branches of the services. Muslim Brotherhood that have a proven record of attempting to destroy our country met with president Obama on a regular basis.

I fail to understand how anyone serving in any of the Military Services in the last 9 years could possibly have not been aware of these wicked evil thing that took place. I am a Retire US NAVY, 100% Service Connected Disabled Veteran and I am totally informed of the evil President Obama has done to Christians in the Military. Anyone serving in the last 9 years would have known this, especially a genuine born again,active openly living Christian.

justme

• Like 1

sounds like a ton of political horse dump, according to your post. as far as I know from being in the service some years ago, there is nothing in the service reg's that would prevent a true Christian from walking the walk. also when a person volunteers to become government property one agrees to the terms of service. and in this day and age no one made you volunteer.

also its delusional to think the constitution has anything to do with following Christ. the constitution is an agreement with a gov and its people, no God involved there, but again there is nothing there to prevent a believer in Christ to follow Christ. and the commandments are a agreement between God and His People, not the whole world.

just because you might be bound to the Lord God of Israel through Jesus Christ, doesn't mean everyone around you is. the Lord knows this and doesn't have a problem with it, why do so called Christians do?

I am deeply concerned at your lack of concern for lack of awareness of what truly has taken place in the Military in the last 9 pears. I do not know how long ago you served ( and I thank you for your service) but you need to read what the Military really has taken and forced upon those how served under the most evil president the United States has ever had.

justme

• Like 1

I do not know how long ago you served ( and I thank you for your service) but you need to read what the Military really has taken and forced upon those how served under the most evil president the United States has ever had.

What the chaplain stated in the OP to me was nothing more than common sense. He advised Christians not to tolerate other religions. Historically, nations have fallen because they embraced Christianity to compliment other religions not knowing that Christianity is an exclusive religion. Today, in the military there are Atheist, Islamic, and even Wiccan chaplains. As a Christian conservative I find this appalling.

Soldiers are even allowed to grow beards and wear varying head pieces in order to express their individual religion. This is a far-cry from when I served. I thought the military was to teach unity. I thought individuality was frowned upon? I thought solidarity and cohesion was the ultimate goal of a unit?

I mean, an Atheist chaplain? Really?

God bless,

William

• Like 2

What the chaplain stated in the OP to me was nothing more than common sense. He advised Christians not to tolerate other religions. Historically, nations have fallen because they embraced Christianity to compliment other religions not knowing that Christianity is an exclusive religion. Today, in the military there are Atheist, Islamic, and even Wiccan chaplains. As a Christian conservative I find this appalling.

Soldiers are even allowed to grow beards and wear varying head pieces in order to express their individual religion. This is a far-cry from when I served. I thought the military was to teach unity. I thought individuality was frowned upon? I thought solidarity and cohesion was the ultimate goal of a unit?

God bless,

William

no the military is to teach and conduct warfare, successfully, and common enemies makes allies of most any people. its not there to teach warm and fuzzy happiness holding hands in unity, or religious concepts. the military is made up of the people in the nation the military stands for. your problem is you expect the military to be different then the society its made up of. the US is the constitution, not a religion.

I am deeply concerned at your lack of concern for lack of awareness of what truly has taken place in the Military in the last 9 pears. I do not know how long ago you served ( and I thank you for your service) but you need to read what the Military really has taken and forced upon those how served under the most evil president the United States has ever had.

justme

and just who is the evil president? the wicked witch of the west is still waiting in the wings for her entitlement to be president, that's the wicked one.

as far as concern, you should know its the Lord that rises sustains and destroys nations at His pleasure for His purposes, one should check with Him on where to be when, if that's your worry. its so very obvious that the day of the Gentiles is coming to its close. one shouldn't expect much favorable response from gentile nations toward our God. the west is returning to its ways back when Paul and the rest were first spreading the Gospel, its gets a lot worse then this.

DPMartin; You may not be aware of how you come across, at least how I am reading you. The words and the way state things are like you are the expert and what no one else says they are wrong.

You seem to have a certan Biblical direction in your thinking. However, that does not mean othere might well have a different understanding of not only Biblical understanding, but how the Military is.

Perhaps you might tone town your choice of words, as the way you present your message in not a way I would perfer to continue dialogue with your posts.

Now if President Obama was not the worst wicked evil President in history than I must have missed something in my 72 years on this planet. Mrs. Clinton is no doubt is perhaps just as bad, but she was not elected nor will she ever be especially after her book came out.

Justme

• Like 2

You either tolerate religions you believe are wrong, or you have a civil war with the aim of imposing a Christian theocracy.

Take your pick.

• Like 1

DPMartin; You may not be aware of how you come across, at least how I am reading you. The words and the way state things are like you are the expert and what no one else says they are wrong.

You seem to have a certan Biblical direction in your thinking. However, that does not mean othere might well have a different understanding of not only Biblical understanding, but how the Military is.

Perhaps you might tone town your choice of words, as the way you present your message in not a way I would perfer to continue dialogue with your posts.

Now if President Obama was not the worst wicked evil President in history than I must have missed something in my 72 years on this planet. Mrs. Clinton is no doubt is perhaps just as bad, but she was not elected nor will she ever be especially after her book came out.

Justme

well justyou, in the Kingdom of God there is only one line of thinking isn't there? therefore those who seek to be in the Kingdom of God and those that have the Kingdom of God within them don't have any use for another opinion in the "Christian" context other than the Lord's, do they? and president or not, the reason the country goes they way it goes is because of the people therein in the case of a nation set up like the US. isn't that correct justyou? presidents of the distant past wouldn't even consider doing what politicians indorse today, unless it was politically expedient for their carriers.

and I'm not talking about how the military is, armies are armies with the purpose of conducting war, and if you refuse the reality of such things in the world, then you become ineffective as a Christian and derelict for refusing the truth of a matter.

DP Martin; I guess you really did not get the message I was trying to send. I give up. I wont bother you on this thread again. Peace.

justme, NOT JUSTYOU!!!

• Like 2

God bless,

William

That is beyond disturbing. We are a majority Christian nation, whether minority belief systems like it or not. Of course, as Christians we are called to put God first, which is really pretty self- evident. Of course, Christianity is an exclusive religion: Jesus is THE Way, the Truth and the Life and NOBODY gets to the father except by Him ( Jesus). It's not Jesus AND, it's just JESUS. If the military has decided to accommodate all religions by appointing chaplains representing them, the military has fallen to Babylon. It is a sign of the decline of our country into a morass of confusion, where people are stripped of any identity so the government can accept all identities. There is little solidarity in our country today and a lot of confusion. Now, it's extended to the military.

• Like 2

Confessional Lutheran; Just before leave at Christmas in 1964 a catholic Chaplain told us not to use to "F" bomb (I am not using the real word) and to make sure "you boys remember to use these when you go out with a girl" He was holding a chopeondom. That was the Catholic Chaplain! I found most all Champlain's in the Navy at that time 1964-1968 anything but representatives of Jesus Christ. I don't know how they were aboard ship as I was a "land lover". I there has been a change, and perhaps my experience was not a normal one. I spent nine months in a naval Hospital and NOT ONCE did a Chaplain come by to visit me. The only people who came to see my was the salvation Army and the Res Cross. The salvation Army was fantastic, loving, and giving blankets, cookies, and tickets to the show on base, books, and other things. the Red Cross only came by to demand money for telegrams for news from home that I al ready found out a couple of days before. I WILL NEVER GIVE THE RED CROSS A SINGLE PENNY THEY ARE CROOKED!

The Red Cross CEO made $620,000.00 in 2012 that to me is much like Joel Osteen and the other bunch of false preachers.

justme

• Like 2

Confessional Lutheran; Just before leave at Christmas in 1964 a catholic Chaplain told us not to use to "F" bomb (I am not using the real word) and to make sure "you boys remember to use these when you go out with a girl" He was holding a chopeondom. That was the Catholic Chaplain! I found most all Champlain's in the Navy at that time 1964-1968 anything but representatives of Jesus Christ. I don't know how they were aboard ship as I was a "land lover". I there has been a change, and perhaps my experience was not a normal one. I spent nine months in a naval Hospital and NOT ONCE did a Chaplain come by to visit me. The only people who came to see my was the salvation Army and the Res Cross. The salvation Army was fantastic, loving, and giving blankets, cookies, and tickets to the show on base, books, and other things. the Red Cross only came by to demand money for telegrams for news from home that I al ready found out a couple of days before. I WILL NEVER GIVE THE RED CROSS A SINGLE PENNY THEY ARE CROOKED!

The Red Cross CEO made $620,000.00 in 2012 that to me is much like Joel Osteen and the other bunch of false preachers.

justme

Hey, justme. Yeah, learning about the corruption of the Red Cross has saddened me and your account of the words of that Catholic Chaplain was fairly shocking. Your treatment in the hospital by the Red Cross was equally shocking. I was heartened to read about how well the representatives of the Salvation Army treated you, though. I was never military, to be honest with you, but like everybody else, I have friends and family who are. It seems that there is a sort of moral laxity that is currently plaguing our Armed Forces, though nobody questions their professionalism, to be sure.

• Like 1

The treatment of Veterans by the Veterans Administration in increasing disabled Veteran's Compensation benefit, by the US Government is extremely bad. last year we three tenths of one percent increase in pay. This decrease to not only Veterans, but many who depend on this from other agencies, because of the Obama Administration was disheartening. The Senators and Congressman received a very good increase year after year. These should have the same increase that the vets get. By the way the Military got the same pittance of an increase aw well.

This is so wrong. Our Government needs a total overhaul if the US is to stand strong.

justme

• Like 1

Justme

Obama is among the worst presidents in history in my opinion as well.