The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
NADServant

Proof that the Holy Bible is the Truth and we are living in the last days (years) of Bible prophecy.

Just search on youtube for:

The Depths of Satan - End Times Documentary

Ummm ... why?

How about engaging in some conversation rather than just spamming us with a request to search youtube.

A search on Google reveals a trail of spammings and bannings of posts JUST LIKE YOURS.

Please just go away if you have not come here to talk.

[Warning: the video is almost 6 hours long!]

• Like 2

Ummm ... why?

How about engaging in some conversation rather than just spamming us with a request to search youtube.

A search on Google reveals a trail of spammings and bannings of posts JUST LIKE YOURS.

Please just go away if you have not come here to talk.

[Warning: the video is almost 6 hours long!]

There is truth in the heading but I do not have to waste 6 hours just to get insite from some ones video. As far as the heading goes you better believe.it. The days are numbered.

• Like 3

When did the end times begin?

Many believe that the End times began with the birth of the church Jesus said when we are close to the lend we would see certain events taking place that would tell us we are very close to the end of the end times. He said it would be right at the door.

That is right now.

Many believe that the End times began with the birth of the church

The writer of Hebrews seems to indicate they began before that:

Hebrews 1:1-2

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

Jesus said when we are close to the lend we would see certain events taking place that would tell us we are very close to the end of the end times. He said it would be right at the door.

That is right now.

So James was wrong when He claimed it was "near and at the Door" 1900+ years ago??

James 5:8-9

8 You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near.

9 Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door!

Oh, and Hi Forum... my first post here :)

So James was wrong when He claimed it was "near and at the Door" 1900+ years ago??

James 5:8-9

8 You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near.

9 Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door!

Oh, and Hi Forum... my first post here :)

Hello and welcome.

So WAS James wrong?

Is 1900+ years "near"?

So WAS James wrong?

Is 1900+ years "near"?

But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

2 Peter 3:8

To God it is less than two days. That sounds near to me.

• Like 1

But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I thought of that verse, but doesn't Daniel talk about 7 days ... leaving us another 5000 years ... and someplace talk about 7 years (2,555,000 years?)

This is why I avoid Eschatology completely. Jesus can just show up unannounced and I will drop everything and go.

So when Jesus (who is God) said:

"So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! (Matthew 24:33)

He actually meant:

"So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is still thousands of years away for people, but near to God!"

Do I have that correct?

Edited by LastDaze

Hello and welcome.

Thanks!

So WAS James wrong?

I expect not.

Is 1900+ years "near"?

No. Not by any sober, objective explanation.

Daniel was told to seal the vision for it was for a time far off.

John was told not to seal the vision for the time was near.

It's 500 years from Daniel to John, 1900 years from John to us.

How is 1900+ years "near" but 2400+ years "far"?

If we use the "day is a thousand years" logic as suggested above, the difference between "almost 2 days and not quite 2 and a half days" can not acccount for the Near-Far discrepency, can it?