The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Pouty Puppy

I was shocked! The new? Apostasy, Blasphemy, Heresy. TRITHEISM! (Pagan) Promoted as the new Christianity.

:RpS_blink: Any Christian reading this take heed please. If you are ever considering joining a discussion community that promotes in its banner that it is a Christian place, before joining read their faith statement. It can save you a lot of trouble and let you scroll on to find an actual Christian site.

I'm searching on Yahoo for the terms, Christian discussion communities.

I get pages of references of course. On the first page there is a .Net site that I check out because it promotes itself as a Christian forum.

I browse the home board and there are huge numbers of forums to occupy one's down time when they're off work. Secular areas. Religious discussion areas. Community, non-debate, areas.

Looks cozy. I click the Forum tab. Then, Our Beliefs, link.

Hold it!

Tritheism!?

Really?

"We believe that there is only one God, who is eternal and immutable, and manifests Himself in three distinct Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."

Then I browse the discussion areas and find that there is one person who teaches constantly against the site rules and promotes legalism.Claiming someone can have the Holy Spirit stripped out of them, evicted, if they do one little thing that offends God.

Then there's another discussion wherein people are just finding out that the site is Tritheist and are taking issue. And they, as actual Christians are told that doing that is considered an attack on the site itself.

Be aware daughters and sons of the most high God there are false teachers in the world, money lovin people who call themselves preachers on our television programming schedules, and there are false forums installed on the Web intending to lure Christians in so as to infuse confusion in the saints, and lead the seekers straight to Hell.

LORD! What a shock. Tritheism! I haven't heard a Tritheist argument since I happened on a Satanic forum dedicated to the Egyptian god Set. :RpS_angry: This bunch are set on deceiving actual people of Christ!

Gpd be with any Christian there and may God lead all seekers away from that kind of false teaching. How dare they!

• Like 2

It's crazy how many false teachers and false teachings there are these days. I guess it should be expected though, as the Lord said.

• Like 1

It is something new to me when a site that says of itself it promotes Christ actually promotes this Tri- nonsense. :(

The devil and his agents, just as you said Origen, seeking to deceive. Even the elect. Just as scriptures warned. Thank God we have the forewarning of scripture if we didn't get forewarned by reading a Doctrinal Statement of such a site as that.

• Like 2