The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Russian Anti-Missionary Law Mainly Hampers Christians

Concerns among Russian Christians that the government’s antiterrorism legislation, adopted last year, would take away their religious freedom have been proven true.

More...

• Like 1

Concerns among Russian Christians that the government’s antiterrorism legislation, adopted last year, would take away their religious freedom have been proven true.

More...

So, Russian Orthodoxy is the only Christian expression allowed in Russia? That seems pretty bleak, but as a Protestant of American origin, I am used to multiple options and even some interdenominational competition. This article seems to be saying that such options are not allowed in Russia.

So, Russian Orthodoxy is the only Christian expression allowed in Russia? That seems pretty bleak, but as a Protestant of American origin, I am used to multiple options and even some interdenominational competition. This article seems to be saying that such options are not allowed in Russia.

Nationalist Russians consider all other beliefs outside of Russian Orthodox to be cults that may destroy Russian unity. Russian orthodoxy considers itself to be the "Israel" of God and thus the supreme race meant to rule not only Russia, but ultimately the world. Any belief in Russia that is contrary to this will be eliminated, first by legislated segregation and later by physical elimination.

Our brothers and sisters in Christ are bracing for a new round of persecution and underground church activity.

• Like 1

I remember when Gorbachev "tore down this wall," the result being lots of folks fleeing to the west, lots of folks remaining, and a TIDE of denominations and cults from the USA rushing into eastern Europe and the old Soviet Union. It got so crazy "over there" that the Russians began building their "wall."

• Like 1

I remember when Gorbachev "tore down this wall," the result being lots of folks fleeing to the west, lots of folks remaining, and a TIDE of denominations and cults from the USA rushing into eastern Europe and the old Soviet Union. It got so crazy "over there" that the Russians began building their "wall."

That's neat! All I remember from those days was reading the news about the Baltic Republics getting independence, Yugoslavia splitting up and the tensions between the Czechs and Slovaks when Czechoslovakia broke apart. I also seem to remember the wealthier West Germans complaining about the flood of poorer East Germans. I knew the Baptists sent in a few missionaries, but I had no idea that the mission field was so crowded by so many denominations.