The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Just Mike

Justme is having surgery

Tomorrow Sept. 8 I am having surgery, to have a electronic stimulation for pain relief. It is much like a pacemaker. The surgeon makes a cut about 3" long in my back and puts a wire on the spinal cord. Then that wire goes to my flank where a transmitter / battery is located about one fourth of an inch below the skin. This receives signals from a small hand held remote device that I can regulate the intensity of the signal going to block the pain.

I am concerned as I am 72 and not in real good health. I am in sever pain most of the time so this will give me some relief. Please pray that all will go well and recovery will be good and fast.

Thank all of you for your prayers in the past and now. Blessings to all.

justme

• Like 2

Just prayed for you. I hope all goes well.

God Bless!

• Like 1

Thank you both, I am quite nervous, as one of my last surgeries, I was not deep enough in sleep, as I felt the cutting on my hand and heard the surgeon's words while he talked durring it all. I told him I was still not deep enough. He said I doubt it, but when I told him what he was talking with his assistant about he was utterly shocked. He apologized and felt very bad about it.

Justme

• Like 1

God the Father bless you and Jesus our Lord heal you, Justme. May the Holy Spirit bring you to newness of life in Christ Jesus our Savior, Who is the One through Whom we can expect all good things granted to us by our Heavenly Father. May God send His angels to accompany you today and may you awake strengthened and renewed. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

• Like 1

Surgery was to start at 2 PM and last 45 to 60 minuets. Surgery started at 4:15 PM and ended at 5:45 PM ended at 5:45 PM. We left the Hospital at 8:00 PM. The pain is so severe, a 9.75 on a scale of 10. I can not lay down because of the two places they had to place two wires on the spinal cord, and other for the battery / transmitter. Today Sunday at 1:00 AM the pain is just bearable at a 7.5 on the same scale. I have only slept sitting up in a chair about 5 times for about 30 to 45 minuets. I am very tired, and hurt so bad.

Please pray the pain gos away soon, they said this could go on for two weeks before I get any relief/

Justme

• Like 1

Surgery was to start at 2 PM and last 45 to 60 minuets. Surgery started at 4:15 PM and ended at 5:45 PM ended at 5:45 PM. We left the Hospital at 8:00 PM. The pain is so severe, a 9.75 on a scale of 10. I can not lay down because of the two places they had to place two wires on the spinal cord, and other for the battery / transmitter. Today Sunday at 1:00 AM the pain is just bearable at a 7.5 on the same scale. I have only slept sitting up in a chair about 5 times for about 30 to 45 minuets. I am very tired, and hurt so bad.

Please pray the pain gos away soon, they said this could go on for two weeks before I get any relief/

Justme

Thanks for the update. I prayed that your pain goes away.

• Like 1

Today is Tuesday, 1 PM. Feeling much better! The divice is WORKING perfect!!! So much so that I have absolutly no pain in my back as I have had for 49 years! Oh praise the LORD!! I am so blessed. Thank you all for your prayers.

Now If the Lord is willing, perhaps my cancer will slow down and not be agressive. Please pray I am in the center of Gods will. Thank you all.

Justme.

• Like 3

Today is Tuesday, 1 PM. Feeling much better! The divice is WORKING perfect!!! So much so that I have absolutly no pain in my back as I have had for 49 years! Oh praise the LORD!! I am so blessed. Thank you all for your prayers.

Now If the Lord is willing, perhaps my cancer will slow down and not be agressive. Please pray I am in the center of Gods will. Thank you all.

Justme.

Amen and amen! May God soon clear up that evil malignancy that is torturing you, justme.

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear that you are finally getting relief from the pain. I will continue to pray that God will heal you completely.

• Like 2

Justme.

Great to hear the pain is subsiding and you are feeling much better. I will continue to pray for you.

• Like 1