The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Deism and divine revelation

Deism in essence claims that an omnipotent source behind our created reality left its creation to sustain itself from the properties that divine creator installed. So that the creator of all reality seen and unseen would not have to focus its attentions on oversight.

I can see their point in that respect because that in essence sustains what is the characteristic of divine omnipotence and omniscience.

While miracles , contrary to present Deist principles of faith, in my view, would happen because that divine source made concessions to their necessity. What we'd call miracles would be what that divine source would call prudent planning being divine source being omniscience would foresee all that is required to sustain this creation.

I can also understand their aversion to revealed religion in that all divine books, including our bible, is man made while offered in regard to expectation of faith in the believer in it, that is was divinely inspired.

The first faith therein when it comes to believing in Bible God, is to believe God dictated the book men admittedly wrote. And furthermore, voted on in order to arrive at the present canon of God's words to us.

While God is alive in all creation and is able to speak to us anytime we need, anytime He feels compelled. Because all that is , is created from God. We are all in the body of God. And as such can never actually be removed from our source.

Deists have a point, to a point.

I've met many a Christian who state they believe in the Bible. I find that odd being the Bible is a gateway meant to lead us to understanding of God because of God's inspiration that caused the way to find him to be written on paper so we could go from there to find what is written in our hearts by God.

Just my two coppers.