The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
theophilus

'Emergency' abortion fund established for Hurricane Harvey survivors

Hurricane Harvey has caused deaths but it may have saved some lives, unborn babies whose mothers planned to abort them but weren't able to do so because of the hurricane. There is a group of people who are trying to cancel out this benefit.

As donations pour in for the tens of thousands of Texans affected by Hurricane Harvey, one group is putting money aside for a select group of survivors: those who require "emergency" abortions.

The Austin-based Lilith Fund for Reproductive Equity announced Thursday it created the fund for those affected by the storm who are also seeking abortion care. The organization said it has raised close to $4,000 as of Friday afternoon.

“In the days and weeks before the storm, Lilith Fund heard from many callers who had appointments scheduled in Houston -- but when Harvey hit, clinics had to temporarily close and appointments had to be cancelled,” said executive director Amanda Williams, reached via email Friday.

Williams said delays caused by Harvey could significantly extend the time patients have to wait to get care, and could even push them past the 20-week state threshold, which would greatly increase procedural costs.

“All people deserve the rights and resources they need to live safely, freely, and with dignity and support,” Williams said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/01/emergency-abortion-fund-established-for-harvey-victims.html

Edited by theophilus
  • Like 1

My first thought is about all the people who risked their lives and continue to do so to Save people -- would have never given thought to the abortion clinics and the women who couldn't have their abortions. Their lives are being changed forever -- loosing material possessions but bringing a new life into the world. Something New to live For.

• Like 2

Let's see ,,,,,,,,, that rescuer came to save me, then I went to the abortion clinic to get rid of the child in me. Yeah, makes sense..... if you are utterly oblivious to sin, including murder.

• Like 2