The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
TonyT

Is fingerprinting satanic and unforgivable

When I had a membership at 24 hour fitness, they required my fingerprint to be scanned into their system. Once I did that, then I had to scan my thumbprint every time I signed in. I am just wondering if what I did if unforgivable and satanic. Please only answer if you are an expert on the subject. And please whatever you do, DO NOT ever do the thing I did or anything like it. DO NOT ever do anything related to scanning ANY part of your body. There are NO second chances for redemption after doing so.

When I had a membership at 24 hour fitness, they required my fingerprint to be scanned into their system. Once I did that, then I had to scan my thumbprint every time I signed in. I am just wondering if what I did if unforgivable and satanic. Please only answer if you are an expert on the subject. And please whatever you do, DO NOT ever do the thing I did or anything like it. DO NOT ever do anything related to scanning ANY part of your body. There are NO second chances for redemption after doing so.

Who told you that or what makes you believe that?

I take it that you'll never fly on an airline. They scan your whole body.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

The mark of the beast will be a well know thing, there's no way to get it by accident.

You would have to reject Jesus to get the mark, I don't think you would do that.

​​​​​​

• Like 3

The short answer to your question is no. There is nothing satanic about fingerprinting nor is there any reason to believe it is. The real question is why do you think it is satanic? What are your reasons, your evidence?

DO NOT ever do anything related to scanning ANY part of your body.
That would also eliminate medical procedures. Sorry but I see no reason whatsoever to follow your advice.
  • Like 2

I thought the mark of the beast was meant to be something placed on a person's body, not an image of what is already there, as Revelation 13:16 states quite clearly:

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:"

Note, it is something you "receive". A record of your fingerprint is much like a photograph, and both can be used to identify you. Given the role of scanning in preventative medicine (cancer checks and similar) I doubt that everyone trying to survive those diseases is automatically damned, and medical scanning has very little to do with buying or selling, which the mark was required for (Revelations 13:17).

Could you explain why you think fingerprinting is evil, please? I've honestly never seen this view expressed before, although I've heard people talk about barcodes and Social Security Numbers.

• Like 2

I thought the mark of the beast was meant to be something placed on a person's body, not an image of what is already there, as Revelation 13:16 states quite clearly:

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:"

Note, it is something you "receive". A record of your fingerprint is much like a photograph, and both can be used to identify you. Given the role of scanning in preventative medicine (cancer checks and similar) I doubt that everyone trying to survive those diseases is automatically damned, and medical scanning has very little to do with buying or selling, which the mark was required for (Revelations 13:17).

Could you explain why you think fingerprinting is evil, please? I've honestly never seen this view expressed before, although I've heard people talk about barcodes and Social Security Numbers.

At the 24 the Hour Fitness I went to. The fingerprinting was used so that people can check in.

I am not saying that it is a good thing or that you should do what I described it as mentioned above. Please avoid anything that is evil and satanic.

The mark of the beast in the right hand and forehead probably relates to actions and thoughts or following the image of the devil rather than the image of God.

• Like 1

Revelation says that a person won't be able to buy or sell anything if they haven't taken the mark of the beast 666 on themselves. And it Also says that any believer who Does take it, will receive the wrath of God.

Revelation says that a person won't be able to buy or sell anything if they haven't taken the mark of the beast 666 on themselves. And it Also says that any believer who Does take it, will receive the wrath of God.

Many think 666 is the number of the beast. If you add those 6's together and then add 18 together, because in numerology, as in the 666 revelation it ascribes to the Hebrew tradition of Gematria, is 9.

If we go by the scripture that says the bearer of the 9 mark will not be able to buy nor sell, and hearken back to the social security number issued to newborns now in the U.S , we're there. You can't buy nor sell without that number. Nor can you get a job.

As for 24 hour fitness, we have one near where I live, I'd not sign up for that if I knew in advance of that fingerprinting system. I'd rather buy a Bowflex and a Pelaton and have my own home gym at far less expense.

Notice the ancestry research commercials out now? Send us your DNA and we'll tell you your true blood genetic lineage. Balderdash! But yet, that sample is now in a database somewhere. Your DNA! The stairway to Heaven in that it is the mapping for your personal being. Only identical twins have the same sequence.

The mark was prophesied, but in my view, it's slowly making its way into world society to do as the Father foretold.

Our fingerprints are a part of the bodies God made for us. The same thing is true of our DNA. The mark of the Beast is some kind of mark that comes from outside. Besides all this the Beast is not yet ruling over the earth. There is no way we can take the mark today.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2013/11/23/666-and-rfid-chips/

• Like 2

Having an impression of your fingerprints made has nothing to do with an unforgivable sin. The only unforgivable sin is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Which is to attribute something that is of Satan to the Holy Spirit, such as causing someone to sin. The Holy Spirit would never lead us to commit sin.

• Like 1

Buy or sell could be related to job mobbing (workplace mob harassment) of Christians out of the workplace. This is taking place now. Additionally, corrupt corporations own nearly everything. Many corporations are run by secret society members,...

Many think 666 is the number of the beast. If you add those 6's together and then add 18 together, because in numerology, as in the 666 revelation it ascribes to the Hebrew tradition of Gematria, is 9.

If we go by the scripture that says the bearer of the 9 mark will not be able to buy nor sell, and hearken back to the social security number issued to newborns now in the U.S , we're there. You can't buy nor sell without that number. Nor can you get a job.

As for 24 hour fitness, we have one near where I live, I'd not sign up for that if I knew in advance of that fingerprinting system. I'd rather buy a Bowflex and a Pelaton and have my own home gym at far less expense.

Notice the ancestry research commercials out now? Send us your DNA and we'll tell you your true blood genetic lineage. Balderdash! But yet, that sample is now in a database somewhere. Your DNA! The stairway to Heaven in that it is the mapping for your personal being. Only identical twins have the same sequence.

The mark was prophesied, but in my view, it's slowly making its way into world society to do as the Father foretold.

666 is the number of the vicar of Christ; the pope.

Right hand and forehead are in the actions of the hands and the thoughts of the mind (forehead). It is worship of the devil's image rather than God's image.

The RCC has always been antichrist.

I agree.

Please only answer if you are an expert on the subject.

Who is an 'expert' on this subject?:RpS_blink:

What certificate or degree are we looking for? :RpS_confused:

• Like 1

[h=1]1.A list of false teachings in the Roman Catholic Church

2.Roman Catholicism vs. Biblical Christianity: What Are the Key Differences?By Dr. Paul M. Elliott[/h] A broadcast listener asks, "Can you summarize the key differences between Roman Catholic and Protestant teaching?"

Among a vast array of distinctions, these five are the most vital:

1. Doctrine: Tradition vs. Scripture

2. Authority: Church vs. Christ

3. Salvation: Works vs. Faith

4. Mediators: Many vs. One

5. The True Church: Visible vs. Invisible

In each of these critical areas, the distinctions between Roman Catholicism and authentic Biblical Christianity are not sliding-scale shades of difference. They mark an unbridgeable gulf between Christ and Antichrist, truth and error, Heaven and Hell.

Today we begin a series briefly exploring these five key distinctions. We shall compare approved Vatican sources (which bear its claim of infallibility) with the Word of God. [Continues @ source link]

Rather than make it a personal observation I thought resources from learned persons would keep the subject points impersonal.

• Like 1

You're Roman Catholic?

Nope, That was just a pretty bold claim.

I mean, the word "Antichrist" (with a capital letter) doesn't even appear in the Bible.

They have some serious issues with their sotierology, no question, but THE 'antichrist'. They just don't seem that impressive.

• Like 1

[h=1]1.A list of false teachings in the Roman Catholic Church

2.Roman Catholicism vs. Biblical Christianity: What Are the Key Differences?By Dr. Paul M. Elliott[/h] A broadcast listener asks, "Can you summarize the key differences between Roman Catholic and Protestant teaching?"

Among a vast array of distinctions, these five are the most vital:

1. Doctrine: Tradition vs. Scripture

2. Authority: Church vs. Christ

3. Salvation: Works vs. Faith

4. Mediators: Many vs. One

5. The True Church: Visible vs. Invisible

In each of these critical areas, the distinctions between Roman Catholicism and authentic Biblical Christianity are not sliding-scale shades of difference. They mark an unbridgeable gulf between Christ and Antichrist, truth and error, Heaven and Hell.

Today we begin a series briefly exploring these five key distinctions. We shall compare approved Vatican sources (which bear its claim of infallibility) with the Word of God. [Continues @ source link]

Rather than make it a personal observation I thought resources from learned persons would keep the subject points impersonal.

So why aren't the Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons the 'antichrist'?

They ring most of those same bells?

What about the Eastern Orthodox 'Catholics' that are not part of the RCC but share most of the same doctrinal errors?

Why not Islam? They are the ones killing all of the Christians in these Last Days.

• Like 1

So why aren't the Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons the 'antichrist'?

They ring most of those same bells?

What about the Eastern Orthodox 'Catholics' that are not part of the RCC but share most of the same doctrinal errors?

Why not Islam? They are the ones killing all of the Christians in these Last Days.

I have to agree with that. If false doctrine is the key, there certainly is no shortage of that among numerous groups.
  • Like 1

Nope, That was just a pretty bold claim.

I mean, the word "Antichrist" (with a capital letter) doesn't even appear in the Bible.

They have some serious issues with their sotierology, no question, but THE 'antichrist'. They just don't seem that impressive.

Basically, because the Pope changes law, builds the place of worship and places himself at the center of it which men bow down before and confess....

Westminster Confession of Faith, Chapter XXV

VI. There is no other head of the Church but the Lord Jesus Christ.[13] Nor can the Pope of Rome, in any sense, be head thereof; but is that Antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalts himself, in the Church, against Christ and all that is called God.[14]

• [13] COL 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. EPH 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church.
  • [14]MAT 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 2TH 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders. REV 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Lutherans believe the same thing as Reformed Presbyterians:

Martin Luther:

“We here are of the conviction that the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist…personally I declare that I owe the Pope no other obedience than that to Antichrist” (sermon on Aug 18, 1520).

Calvin: Calvin's Institutes, Book 4, Chapter 7, Section 25

*"To some we seem slanderous and petulant, when we call the Roman Pontiff Antichrist. But those who think so perceive not that they are bringing a charge of intemperance against Paul, alter whom we speak, nay, in whose very words we speak. But lest any one object that Paul's words have a different meaning, and are wrested by us against the Roman Pontiff, I will briefly show that they can only be understood of the Papacy.

Paul says that Antichrist would sit in the temple of God, (2 Thess. 2: 4.) In another passage, the Spirit, portraying him in the person of Antiochus, says that his reign would be with great swelling words of vanity, (Dan. 7: 25.) Hence we infer that his tyranny is more over souls than bodies, a tyranny set up in opposition to the spiritual kingdom of Christ. Then his nature is such, that he abolishes not the name either of Christ or the Church, but rather uses the name of Christ as a pretext, and lurks under the name of Church as under a mask.

But though all the heresies and schisms which have existed from the beginning belong to the kingdom of Antichrist, yet when Paul foretells that defection will come, he by the description intimates that that seat of abomination will be erected, when a kind of universal defection comes upon the Church, though many members of the Church scattered up and down should continue in the true unity of the faith. But when he adds, that in his own time, the mystery of iniquity, which was afterwards to be openly manifested, had begun to work in secret, we thereby understand that this calamity was neither to be introduced by one man, nor to terminate in one man, (see Calv. in 2 Thess. 2: 3; Dan. 7: 9.) Moreover, when the mark by which he distinguishes Antichrist is, that he would rob God of his honour and take it to himself, he gives the leading feature which we ought to follow in searching out Antichrist; especially when pride of this description proceeds to the open devastation of the Church.

Seeing then it is certain that the Roman Pontiff has impudently transferred to himself the most peculiar properties of God and Christ, there cannot be a doubt that he is the leader and standard-bearer of an impious and abominable kingdom."*

These are the verses he cites above:

2 Thessalonians 2:4

So that we ourselves also glory in you in the churches of God, for your patience and faith, and in all your persecutions and tribulations, which you endure"

Daniel 7:25

"And he shall speak words against the High One, and shall crush the saints of the most High: and he shall think himself able to change times and laws, and they shall be delivered into his hand until a time, and times, and half a time."

Calvin continues on the Papacy in his commentary for Daniel 7:25

Daniel 7:15-28

Here we have, I. The deep impressions which these visions made upon the prophet. God in them put honour upon him, and gave him satisfaction, yet not without a great allay of pain and perplexity (Dan_7:15): I Daniel was grieved in my spirit, in the midst of my body. The word here used for the body properly signifies a sheath or scabbard, for the body is no more to the soul; that is the weapon; it is that which we are principally to take care of. The visions of my head troubled me, and again (Dan_7:28), my cogitations much troubled me. The manner in which these things were discovered to him quite overwhelmed him, and put his thoughts so much to the stretch that his spirits failed him, and the trance he was in tired him and made him faint. The things themselves that were discovered amazed and astonished him, and put him into a confusion, till by degrees he recollected and conquered himself, and set the comforts of the vision over against the terrors of it.

II. His earnest desire to understand the meaning of them (Dan_7:16): I came near to one of those that stood by, to one of the angels that appeared attending the Son of man in his glory, and asked him the truth (the true intent and meaning) of all this. Note, It is a very desirable thing to take the right and full sense of what we see and hear from God; and those that would know must ask by faithful and fervent prayer and by accomplishing a diligent search.

III. The key that was given him, to let him into the understanding of this vision. The angel told him, and told him so plainly that he made him know the interpretation of the thing, and so made him somewhat more easy.

1. The great beasts are great kings and their kingdoms, great monarchs and their monarchies, which shall arise out of the earth, as those beasts did out of the sea, Dan_7:17. They are but terraefilii - from beneath; they savour of the earth, and their foundation is in the dust; they are of the earth earthy, and they are written in the dust, and to the dust they shall return.

2. Daniel pretty well understands the first three beasts, but concerning the fourth he desires to be better informed, because it differed so much from the rest, and was exceedingly dreadful, and not only so, but very mischievous, or it devoured and broke in pieces, Dan_7:19. Perhaps it was this that put Daniel into such a fright, and this part of the visions of his head troubled him more than any of the rest. But especially he desired to know what the little horn was, that had eyes, and a mouth that spoke very great things, and whose countenance was more fearless and formidable than that of any of his fellows, Dan_7:20. And this he was most inquisitive about because it was this horn that made war with the saints, and prevailed against them, Dan_7:21. While no more is intimated than that the children of men make war with one another, and prevail against one another, the prophet does not show himself so much concerned (let the potsherds strive with the potsherds of the earth, and be dashed in pieces one against another); but when they make war with the saints, when the precious sons of Zion, comparable to fine gold, are broken as earthen pitchers, it is time to ask, “What is the meaning of this? Will the Lord cast off his people? Will he suffer their enemies to trample upon them and triumph over them? What is this same horn that shall prevail so far against the saints?” To this his interpreter answers (Dan_7:23-25) that this fourth beast is a fourth kingdom, that shall devour the whole earth, or (as it may be read) the whole land. That the ten horns are ten kings, and the little horn is another king that shall subdue three kings, and shall be very abusive to God and his people, shall act, (1.) Very impiously towards God. He shall speak great words against the Most High, setting him, and his authority and justice, at defiance. (2.) Very imperiously towards the people of God. He shall wear out the saints of the Most High; he will not cut them off at once, but wear them out by long oppressions and a constant course of hardships put upon them, ruining their estates and weakening their families. The design of Satan has been to wear out the saints of the Most High, that they may be no more in remembrance; but the attempt is vain, for while the world stands God will have a church in it. He shall think to change times and laws, to abolish all the ordinances and institutions of religion, and to bring every body to say and do just as he would have them. He shall trample upon laws and customs, human and divine. Diruit, aedificut, mutat quadrata rotundis - He pulls down, he builds, he changes square into round, as if he meant to alter even the ordinances of heaven themselves. And in these daring attempts he shall for a time prosper and have success; they shall be given into his hand until time, times, and half a time (that is, for three years and a half), that famous prophetical measure of time which we meet with in the Revelation, which is sometimes called forty-two months, sometimes 1260 days, which come all to one. But at the end of that time the judgment shall sit and take away his dominion (v. 26), which he expounds (v. 11) of the beast being slain and his body destroyed. And (as Mr. Mede reads v. 12) as to the rest of the beast, the ten horns, especially the little ruffling horn (as he calls it), they had their dominion taken away. Now the question is, Who is this enemy, whose rise, reign, and ruin, are foretold? Interpreters are not agreed. Some will have the fourth kingdom to be that of the Seleucidae, and the little horn to be Antiochus, and show the accomplishment of all this in the history of the Maccabees; so Junius, Piscator, Polanus, Broughton, and many others: but others will have the fourth kingdom to be that of the Romans, and the little horn to be Julius Caesar, and the succeeding emperors (says Calvin), the antichrist, the papal kingdom (says Mr. Joseph Mede), that wicked one, which, as this little horn, is to be consumed by the brightness of Christ's second coming. The pope assumes a power to change times and laws, potestas autokratorikē - an absolute and despotic power, as he calls it. Others make the little horn to be the Turkish empire; so Luther, Vatablus, and others. Now I cannot prove either side to be wrong; and therefore, since prophecies sometimes have many fulfillings, and we ought to give scripture its full latitude (in this as in many other controversies), I am willing to allow that they are both in the right, and that this prophecy has primary reference to the Syrian empire, and was intended for the encouragement of the Jews who suffered under Antiochus, that they might see even these melancholy times foretold, but might foresee a glorious issue of them at last, and the final overthrow of their proud oppressors; and, which is best of all, might foresee, not long after, the setting up of the kingdom of the Messiah in the world, with the hopes of which it was usual with the former prophets to comfort the people of God in their distresses. But yet it has a further reference, and foretels the like persecuting power and rage in Rome heathen, and no less in Rome papal, against the Christian religion, that was in Antiochus against the pious Jews and their religion. And St. John, in his visions and prophecies, which point primarily at Rome, has plain reference, in many particulars, to these visions of Daniel.

3. He has a joyful prospect given him of the prevalency of God's kingdom among men, and its victory over all opposition at last. And it is very observable that in the midst of the predictions of the force and fury of the enemies this is brought in abruptly (Dan_7:18 and again Dan_7:22), before it comes, in the course of the vision, to be interpreted, Dan_7:26, Dan_7:27. And this also refers, (1.) To the prosperous days of the Jewish church, after it had weathered the storm under Antiochus, and the power which the Maccabees obtained over their enemies. (2.) To the setting up of the kingdom of the Messiah in the world by the preaching of his gospel. For judgment Christ comes into this world, to rule by his Spirit, and to make all his saints kings and priests to their God. (3.) To the second coming of Jesus Christ, when the saints shall judge the world, shall sit down with him on his throne and triumph in the complete downfall of the devil's kingdom. Let us see what is here foretold. [1.] The Ancient of days shall come, Dan_7:22. God shall judge the world by his Son, to whom he has committed all judgment, and, as an earnest of that, he comes for the deliverance of his oppressed people, comes for the setting up of his kingdom in the world. [2.] The judgment shall sit, Dan_7:26. God will make it appear that he judges in the earth, and will, both in wisdom and in equity, plead his people's righteous cause. At the great day he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he has ordained. [3.] The dominion of the enemy shall be taken away, Dan_7:26. All Christ's enemies shall be made his footstool, and shall be consumed and destroyed to the end: these were the apostle uses concerning the man of sin, 2Th_2:8. He shall be consumed with the spirit of Christ's mouth and destroyed with the brightness of his coming. [4.] Judgment is given to the saints of the Most High. The apostles are entrusted with the preaching of a gospel by which the world shall be judged. All the saints by their faith and obedience condemn an unbelieving disobedient world; in Christ their head they shall judge the world, shall judge the twelve tribes of Israel, Mat_19:28. See what reason we have to honour those that fear the Lord; how mean and despicable soever the saints now appear in the eye of the world, and how much contempt soever is poured upon them; they are the saints of the Most High; they are near and dear to God, and he owns them for his, and judgment is given to them. [5.] That which is most insisted upon is that the saints of the Most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, Dan_7:18. And again (Dan_7:22), The time came that the saints possessed the kingdom. And again (Dan_7:27), The kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heavens, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High. Far be it from us to infer hence that dominion is founded on grace, or that this will warrant any, under pretence of saintship, to usurp kingship. No; Christ's kingdom is not of this world; but this intimates the spiritual dominion of the saints over their own lusts and corruptions, their victories over Satan and his temptations, and the triumphs of the martyrs over death and its terrors. It likewise promises that the gospel kingdom shall be set up, a kingdom of grace, the privileges and comforts of which now, under the heavens, shall be the earnest and first-fruits of the kingdom of glory in the heavens. When the empire became Christian, and princes used their power for the defence and advancement of Christianity, then the saints possessed the kingdom. The saints rule by the Spirit's ruling in them (and this is the victory overcoming the world, even their faith) and by making the kingdoms of this world to become Christ's kingdom. But the full accomplishment of this will be in the everlasting happiness of the saints, the kingdom that cannot be moved, which we, according to his promise, look for (that is the greatness of the kingdom), the crown of glory that fades not away - that is the everlasting kingdom. See what an emphasis is laid upon this (Dan_7:18): The saints shall possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever; and the reason is because he whose saints they are is the Most High and his kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, Dan_7:27. He is so, and therefore theirs shall be so. Because I live, you shall live also, Joh_14:19. His kingdom is theirs; they reckon themselves exalted in his exaltation, and desire no greater honour and satisfaction to themselves than that all dominions should serve and obey him, as they shall do, Dan_7:27. They shall either be brought into subjection to his golden sceptre or brought to destruction by his iron rod.

Daniel, in the close, when he ends that matter, tells us what impressions this vision made upon him; it overwhelmed his spirits to such a degree that his countenance was changed, and it made him look pale; but he kept the matter in his heart. Note, The heart must be the treasury and store-house of divine things; there we must hide God's word, as the Virgin Mary kept the sayings of Christ, Luk_2:51. Daniel kept the matter in his heart, with a design, not to keep it from the church, but to keep it for the church, that what he had received from the Lord he might fully and faithfully deliver to the people. Note, It concerns God's prophets and ministers to treasure up the things of God in their minds, and there to digest them well. If we would have God's word ready in our mouths when we have occasion for it, we must keep it in our hearts at all times.

God bless,

William

• Like 3

Basically, because the Pope changes law, builds the place of worship and places himself at the center of it which men bow down before and confess....

Westminster Confession of Faith, Chapter XXV

VI. There is no other head of the Church but the Lord Jesus Christ.[13] Nor can the Pope of Rome, in any sense, be head thereof; but is that Antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalts himself, in the Church, against Christ and all that is called God.[14]

• [13] COL 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. EPH 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church.
  • [14]MAT 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 2TH 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders. REV 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Lutherans believe the same thing as Reformed Presbyterians:

Martin Luther:

Calvin: Calvin's Institutes, Book 4, Chapter 7, Section 25

These are the verses he cites above:

2 Thessalonians 2:4

So that we ourselves also glory in you in the churches of God, for your patience and faith, and in all your persecutions and tribulations, which you endure"

Daniel 7:25

"And he shall speak words against the High One, and shall crush the saints of the most High: and he shall think himself able to change times and laws, and they shall be delivered into his hand until a time, and times, and half a time."

Calvin continues on the Papacy in his commentary for Daniel 7:25

Daniel 7:15-28

God bless,

William

Beat me to it why don't ya. :RpS_wink:

Remember also, call no man father but your Father in Heaven.

The confessional? There is one emissary between us and the Father and that is Jesus Christ. Not a priest in a confessional who thinks himself appointed (anointed?) to forgive sins.

And of course the well known fable of Purgatory! The creation by the RCC that rescinded Jesus death on the cross, empowered the church, and especially with the addition of "indulgences" that fattened the coffers of the church. Monies paid, indulgences, that would insure a soul in their purgatory would be set free sooner! Because monied loved one's back on earth paid for that early parole.

How did those loved one's know their money got their suffering loved one out of purgatory?

They took it on faith!

• Like 2