William

What is the Rapture?

Yes,  all things were made by Him -- Him being the creator of all -- but, that does Not meant all things Are Him.  Because That would make Adam , Jesus , and that isn't Biblical.   God the Father, 1st person of the Godhead, created Adam and one of Adams' ribs was taken and Eve became a living soul.  

In Revelation 1:1 -- God was using an angel to give John a vision of what was to come -- and --  to show His servants -- meaning those who read the book of Revelation  -- a view of those coming events in the future. 

You're referring to the temptation of Jesus Christ by the devil in the book of Luke 4?  It was the Holy Spirit leading Jesus in the desert where He, Jesus, was tempted for 40 days by the devil.  During part of that time, the devil led Him to Jerusalem and had Him stand at the highest point of the temple.  " If you are the Son of God...... throw yourself down from here.  For it is written,  "He will command His angels concerning you to guard you carefully ;  they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone."   After Jesus responded to him "Do not put the Lord your God to the test."   Then the devil left Him until another time ."  

Well -- Moses Was a tool in God's hands to deliver Israel from bondage in Egypt. 

What were you wanting to find interest In?  

12 hours ago, larry2 said:

Hi @theophilus, I added the word "Revelation" to your above quotation for clarification to any just coming in on this.

I agree that the letter to the churches do apply to this present age, and from chapters four apply to things which must be hereafter. 

I think that if you will read of who the twenty elders (Rev 4:4), and four living one are (Rev 4:6), you will find that they are of the body of Christ: the Church. What of the Great Multitude of Rev 7:14?  And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. (I don't think we can get much more of the Church than that).

I'll await any response before taking this even deeper. God bless you in Jesus' name.

Regarding the Rev 4 passage.  The 24 elders -- a footnote in the older NIV study Bible that I'm using -- they are either a whole group of believers in heaven -- or an exalted order of angels worshiping and serving God there.  But I would question that group of believers being the Church.  

The group talked about in 7:14 -- "'And he said,  These are they who have come out of the great tribulation...."   Previously in that chapter -- a great multitude of people from every nation , tribe and people -- who had been reached by the 144,000 Jews who had been sealed by the Holy Spirit to go into the 7 years of tribulation.   Looking back at what you said -- I'm pretty much repeating you, but  the Church has already been raptured out of the world.  I'm just questioning those multitudes being referred to As the Church or a continuation Of?