The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Little Girl 'So Afraid She Could Turn into a Boy' after Kindergarten

Parents of kindergarteners at a California charter school are upset after they found out that the school held a transgender “gender reveal” without their prior knowledge.

More...

• Like 1

How many of us who read this will speak out, here, and at PTA / School Board / Municipal Government / Body of Christ assemblies?

Ready ........... set ............. GO!!!

• Like 2

How many of us who read this will speak out, here, and at PTA / School Board / Municipal Government / Body of Christ assemblies?

Ready ........... set ............. GO!!!

And don't forget the mass lawsuits

Yeah, let's throw some doubt and fear in there...........

That's child abuse. I love children and find that distressing. The things children are being exposed to today is unconscionable - when our children were growing up we found books on witchcraft in the public school library. I spoke to the principal but doubt anything was done - they pay you lip service, that's it.

• Like 3

That's child abuse. I love children and find that distressing. The things children are being exposed to today is unconscionable - when our children were growing up we found books on witchcraft in the public school library. I spoke to the principal but doubt anything was done - they pay you lip service, that's it.

Hi Saint, the left could care less about the lives of these children as their only real concern is with the issues that they've come to deem important. The fact that such subjects can even be broached in Kindergarten classrooms is so sad/sickening that I agree, it's child abuse!!

The kind of people who promote and allow this kind of thing to go on realize what having access to such impressionable young minds can mean for the future of their "causes" :RpS_mad: (which is why they've chosen to work in positions that give them the access, power and authority to influence the minds of our children like this). We need to begin to take our schools back (which is FAR easier said than done).

In Christ,

David

• Like 2

Hi Saint, the left could care less about the lives of these children as their only real concern is with the issues that they've come to deem important. The fact that such subjects can even be broached in Kindergarten classrooms is so sad/sickening that I agree, it's child abuse!!

The kind of people who promote and allow this kind of thing to go on realize what having access to such impressionable young minds can mean for the future of their "causes" :RpS_mad: (which is why they've chosen to work in positions that give them the access, power and authority to influence the minds of our children like this). We need to begin to take our schools back (which is FAR easier said than done).

In Christ,

David

I see that David - do you think those on the left are usually unbelievers? "The spirit that is now at work in the disobedient." That's how I see it. It is absolutely mind-blowing that kindergarten students would have these thoughts placed in their minds. To allow a child to change gender that young is also mortifying. They're so undeveloped. I don't know how to take the schools back - I saw so much when my children were young and now they're allowing this in children so young. Remember Hitlers words: Give me a child until they're eight... (something like that)

• Like 2

Hi Saint, it's all very frightening stuff (and very frightening times). As for the political left being unbelievers, I know God has His saints among them, of course (though I hasten to add that such seems all but impossible among the hardened progressive/intellectual left, because of their moral/social core beliefs/core agenda).

Times like these do, at least, provide us with wonderful opportunities to honor/glorify God .. Matthew 5:16, by trusting Him to see us all through it, in outreach to a hurting world, and in obedience/lovingly standing for the truth.

In Christ,

David

quote-be-obedient-even-when-you-do-not-know-where-obedience-may-lead-you-sinclair-b-ferguson-70-73-72.jpg.d4279bec3e6922cd5efae9f71378231d.jpg

These are troubling times. I seek God daily and haven't received much insight.

That's ridiculous. If they can they should pull their child from this twisted school.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, what would you do if you were the principal or teacher and you found out one of your students was going to change genders, with their parent's full knowledge and approval?

Would you ignore it and let the kids figure it out themselves?

I see that David - do you think those on the left are usually unbelievers?

Absolutely, though Christians on the left profess to be believers their ideology or moral foundation is unscriptural. Is it any wonder why just about every single issue the left supports is unbiblical? The "world" by definition is an ideological or humanist system at odds with God. We are told not to love the world - its corrupt value system, or the love of the father is not in us - 1 John 2:15. Clearly, the mind and heart of leftist Christians are not transformed by the word of God but rather they find support in a system that appeals to the natural man's sense of goodness.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Would you ignore it and let the kids figure it out themselves?

No, I would not ignore it. And this is why it is important to bring children up in the precepts of the Lord. All Scripture is God breathed "and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness". Having said that, Scripture speaks on the topic of "effeminate men" and the sins of homosexuality or transgenderism. Scripture even addresses cross dressing.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

No, I would not ignore it. And this is why it is important to bring children up in the precepts of the Lord. All Scripture is God breathed "and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness". Having said that, Scripture speaks on the topic of "effeminate men" and the sins of homosexuality or transgenderism. Scripture even addresses cross dressing.

God bless,

William

That's right; Deuteronomy 22:5.

• Like 1

God bless,

William

But what would you do if you were the principal or teacher?

But what would you do if you were the principal or teacher?

I surely wouldn't attempt to propagate the sins of one child and parents to the rest of the class and teach them as morally right.

The principal or teacher is not the child's parents. The first time the principal or teacher began teaching on moral issues they're opening the door to areas of moral teaching which involves Scripture. This example emphasizes the need for parents to prepare children if they are so unfortunate to be subject to these matters in liberal secular academic institutions. If parents choose not to actually "bring up their children" someone else will fill the role.

In the meanwhile, if I were a principal I would enforce a dress code that is not hospitable to such sins. Nor would I enforce curriculum which promotes sin. If my hand was forced at the federal or state level to teach such contrary moral values - I'd find another job.

This is exactly what is occurring now. Under Obama, schools were forced to teach immoral curriculum or lose funding. Trump is lifting these mandates and leaving it to the state to decide. A lot of people are actually pushing Trump to dissolve the department of education at the federal level.

God bless,

William

• Like 3

I surely wouldn't attempt to propagate the sins of one child and parents to the rest of the class and teach them as morally right.

In this case, the parents of the transgender child approached the teacher and notified her that the child was going to start coming to school as a girl and would be using a girl's name. They then requested the teacher's help in making that process easier for the child. According to state anti-discrimination law, the school was obligated to protect the child the same as they would a child from a different race.

if I were a principal I would enforce a dress code that is not hospitable to such sins. Nor would I enforce curriculum which promotes sin. If my hand was forced at the federal or state level to teach such contrary moral values - I'd find another job.

You'd quit. That's really all I was wondering.

Trump is lifting these mandates and leaving it to the state to decide. A lot of people are actually pushing Trump to dissolve the department of education at the federal level.

Again, the relevant anti-discrimination law here is a state law.

In this case, the parents of the transgender child approached the teacher and notified her that the child was going to start coming to school as a girl and would be using a girl's name. They then requested the teacher's help in making that process easier for the child. According to state anti-discrimination law, the school was obligated to protect the child the same as they would a child from a different race.

You'd quit. That's really all I was wondering.

Again, the relevant anti-discrimination law here is a state law.

Pretty much sums up what I'd say:

God bless,

William

• Like 3

Pretty much sums up what I'd say:

God bless,

William

That video doesn't make it clear what a teacher at that school would do in the situation from the OP.

That video doesn't make it clear what a teacher at that school would do in the situation from the OP.

You asked me a question that wasn't relevant to the OP. I answered. I think if only our academic institutions were focused on academia instead of social experimentation this would be a non issue.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

You asked me a question that wasn't relevant to the OP.

??????? The OP is about a how a school handled a transgendered student; the question I asked was how you would handle the same situation.

I think if only our academic institutions were focused on academia instead of social experimentation this would be a non issue.

How? Again, the school didn't initiate this, rather it was the parents of a child who informed the teacher that their child would start showing up dressed as a girl and using a girl's name. That's why I asked my question......what would you do if you were that teacher? You said you'd quit.

??????? The OP is about a how a school handled a transgendered student; the question I asked was how you would handle the same situation.

How? Again, the school didn't initiate this, rather it was the parents of a child who informed the teacher that their child would start showing up dressed as a girl and using a girl's name. That's why I asked my question......what would you do if you were that teacher? You said you'd quit.

You asked me what I'd do as the principal, and I said I wouldn't enforce or propagate sin to the rest of the class. If my hand were forced I'd quit. I'd send this child home and write the parents a letter. Either I'd be fired, or I'd resign, but I wouldn't go against conscience in order to pander to the social/cultural/political liberal bent propaganda.

I'd also like to add that I do not feel sympathetic to Californians. They live here by choice, and they vote into office people that represent the majority of Californians. When God judges a wicked people he gives them wicked rulers.

Because of the failures of the parents, children pay the consequences, not only them, but their children's children and so on. This is nothing but depraved behavior handed down from one generation to the next. Only the left uses these examples as poster children to promote their base, a depraved base.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

You asked me what I'd do as the principal

I said teacher or principal, but that's of little consequence.

and I said I wouldn't enforce or propagate sin to the rest of the class If my hand were forced I'd quit..

And since this is in a state with an anti-discrimination law that includes transgenders, you would quit.

I'd send this child home and write the parents a letter. Either I'd be fired, or I'd resign, but I wouldn't go against conscience in order to pander to the social/cultural/political liberal bent propaganda.

I'd also like to add that I do not feel sympathetic to Californians. They live here by choice, and they vote into office people that represent the majority of Californians. When God judges a wicked people he gives them wicked rulers.

God bless,

William

Understood.

And since this is in a state with an anti-discrimination law that includes transgenders, you would quit.

Wouldn't be caught up in your hypothetical in the first place. Nor would my child go to a public school.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

The teachings of gender at kindergarten are terrible! What parent who is a Christian wants their child no matter what age taught sexuality buy an ungodly public school material wrote by a ungodly publisher, with a agenda that is not Biblical. God forbid a Christian [parent would allow such a thing!

Justme