The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Should President Trump’s Evangelical Advisors Resign?

People are certainly divided over their support for President Trump. This division is not only seen in the country in general, but even within the Republican party, and also within the Christian community.

More...

• Like 1

If President Trump's evangelical advisors resign his other advisors will be able to have even more influence than they have now.

• Like 2

I'm not sure that the majority of Trumps "Evangelical leaders" have sound Biblical beliefs. At least a few of them are part of the NAR.

I can agree that Christians in this country should definitely pray for the government, however.

• Like 1

I've voted since I was 18. OK, not every election because there came a time when I just could not let my conscience vote for what was the lesser of two evils. Because for me that would still be me putting my name, my vote, behind one evil.

I voted for Trump this election because I could not in good conscience abstain. And on that chance of Hillary R. Clinton winning feel responsible for that evil ascending to the highest office of power on earth, when she demonstrated herself unfit for lesser ones.

In all those years of being part of that process, I can't recall an anti-president agenda as determined as the one that now assails Donald Trump. And I sincerely fear for his life at this point. When people can call for his assassination, and even send a mute video message to ISIS in that regard, Kathy Griffin, and she is not arrested for violating federal law, something is amiss. And I feel it is all an effort to take him out.

He's not done anything worthy of impeachment. That old canard stopped having weight shortly after he was elected. So now, the only way to succeed is that worst possible outcome. And then, God forbid it, a Republican would still be in office. And that too makes me wonder. Is Pence someone those behind all this believe they can coerce ? Being he is the inheritor of the office wherein his president demonstrated he could not be?

Donald Trump is a billionaire. It was reported during the campaign that he's dangerous in that way because unlike the typical politicians prior, DT cannot be bought. He can't be bought, he shows he can't be intimidated, he doesn't settle for two faced appointees when they pretend to be for the draining of the swamp, but when appointed show they're in favor of adding more alligators. Donald Trump doesn't play ball.

Therefore, I would hope he doesn't let go any of his spiritual advisers. If any man needs to tighten the armor of God and have armor bearers surrounding him , it is our president.

Scriptures say we should respect those put in power over us because our vote elected Donald Trump, and it was God's will that he win. (Paraphrasing the full message of those scriptures entire).

Rather than consider the OP question, I would respectfully suggest we gather in an on-line prayer circle, and in person in our Bible studies, churches, wherever we can, and hold our president and his family in prayer. As well as his cabinet and VP and VP Pence's family.

The enemy is strong against this man. We have to be stronger. After all, a demon thought she had the office. She was sure of it. Now, when she can't save face and possibly run for a third try, I believe she's aligned with the darkest forces she can find in order to destroy the man that beat her. And I think not only did Trump win the electoral vote, but he also won the popular vote.I think HRC was told she won the popular vote so that her rage would at least feel she won something this time around. The first time she was ever on the ballot. Just to calm the storm sort of speak. When in truth, Trump took it all.

God protect our president, his family, and our VP and his family. And please God, protect America from those public enemies making news today. Amen.

• Like 1

News to me. Thank you for that link. :RpS_smile:

You're very welcome. It's a huge subject and it takes a lot of research. I've been carefully reading and studying it for over a year now.

One of the most worrisome aspects of the NAR is the growing Ecumenism, ultimately leading to unity with the Catholic Church. For example, Trump's "Evangelical Advisory Board" apparently includes Kenneth and Gloria Copeland. It doesn't take much research into them to see some very real problems and concerns. The Copelands are also one of a number of Evangelical leaders who have met with the Pope in the last few years.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t Views:\t1 Size:\t31.1 KB ID:\t48349","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"48349","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t Views:\t1 Size:\t70.7 KB ID:\t48351","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"48351","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t Views:\t1 Size:\t11.9 KB ID:\t48352","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"48352","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

To be perfectly honest, I think President Trump needs all the intercession and sound Christian advice he can get. That might mean he'll have to accept resignations from those who are ill- equipped to offer him advice and even to hold him accountable for some of the things he might carelessly say. I pray daily for our government and the people that government gets its legitimacy from. I think we all need prayer and these are critical times for our country.

• Like 1

To be perfectly honest, I think President Trump needs all the intercession and sound Christian advice he can get. That might mean he'll have to accept resignations from those who are ill- equipped to offer him advice and even to hold him accountable for some of the things he might carelessly say. I pray daily for our government and the people that government gets its legitimacy from. I think we all need prayer and these are critical times for our country.

That may be absolutely true, and prayers are no doubt needed. I have grave concerns regarding those he has chosen to surround himself with in this regard, however. (Two of them met with the Pope a few years ago). Also, although he is not an official member of Trump's Evangelical Advisory Board, Rodney Howard Browne recently (last month) took part in a prayer meeting at the White House. Rodney Howard Browne is also known as "the Holy Ghost bartender" because of his part in the so called "move of the Spirit" that is prevalent to this day in many (particularly Charismatic) churches, characterized by "Holy Laughter" and being "drunk in the Spirit."

http://religionnews.com/2017/07/12/evangelical-supporters-meet-with-pray-for-trump/

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article160904779.html

• Like 1

I'm not sure that the majority of Trumps "Evangelical leaders" have sound Biblical beliefs. At least a few of them are part of the NAR.

This is the first time I heard about the NAR. If what you say is true we should pray that his present advisors quit and that he will get new ones who are faithful to the Bible.

• Like 1

This is the first time I heard about the NAR. If what you say is true we should pray that his present advisors quit and that he will get new ones who are faithful to the Bible.

Yes. And we should pray, regardless. There is, within "Christendom", a great "Ecumenical Movement" that is growing and progressing. Two of Trump's Evangelical advisors (Copeland and Robison) met with Pope Francis for that very purpose several years ago. Pope Francis himself has made huge strides in bringing "Protestants" and Evangelicals back to Rome and "Mother Church."

• Like 1