The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums is:

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
CDF47

Does Anyone Here Post in Atheist Forums?

The other forum I've been on and off in is Religion Forum.com.

That should read, "pagan religion forum.com" If you try to promote Christianity to any serious degree, you'll get reprimanded and banned, because there are load of gays who are extremely aggressive about their "identity" and complain about those who censure their arguments or who disrupt their pro-gay posts & threads.

Christianforum.com is run by feminists for feminists. It is an outpost for every aspiring female cleric. If you disagree with them to any appreciable extent, again you'll be reprimanded and banned. Christianforum.com is a pharisee outpost, where once the moderators latch on that you oppose feminism, they'll try and pick holes in everything you say just to get you banned.

Both forums I engaged briefly with, but no longer post there as unbiblical to my mind and disposition, though I dare say that if you want to discuss politically uncontroversial topics, like evolution, you will be welcome.

Those forums represent american "religion" and "christianity" as deist in all but name: powerless, godless, and lacking any authority except as determined by current political mores.

Be honest, how many atheist have you witnessed converting through intellectual debate?

None. I agree with your premise about atheists online. Most are out to evangelize their atheism. If not everything they say is sinful, a substantial amount is rooted in purblind contempt for the faith. As Jesus said "Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit." Matt 15;14.

However, that said, not every sceptic is a hardcore atheist; and there are genuine inquirers with genuine questions that need genuine answers. There are so many who are so completely deluded by the spirit of the age. The trouble is, it's difficult to separate the former from the latter. Therefore there is no harm debating with them, as long as it is done primarily for Christ's benefit, including your own. It's a good way to firm up one's owns beliefs and opinions.

• Like 1

I discovered After getting banned and getting back onto that Forum , that how something is presented is as important as what is being presented. I've been more careful about my wording this time. But it's still gets unsettling at times -- like lately again. I'm probably better off backing off for a while again. But my curiosity has a way of getting 'this cat' back into troubling waters.

This Forum provides safer / more balanced waters.

That's exactly how I feel. I always go on there and post for a while then have to leave for a bit and come back at another time. I can only handle a bit at a time on those forums but I sometimes feel a need to go back.

That should read, "pagan religion forum.com" If you try to promote Christianity to any serious degree, you'll get reprimanded and banned, because there are load of gays who are extremely aggressive about their "identity" and complain about those who censure their arguments or who disrupt their pro-gay posts & threads.

Christianforum.com is run by feminists for feminists. It is an outpost for every aspiring female cleric. If you disagree with them to any appreciable extent, again you'll be reprimanded and banned. Christianforum.com is a pharisee outpost, where once the moderators latch on that you oppose feminism, they'll try and pick holes in everything you say just to get you banned.

Both forums I engaged briefly with, but no longer post there as unbiblical to my mind and disposition, though I dare say that if you want to discuss politically uncontroversial topics, like evolution, you will be welcome.

Those forums represent american "religion" and "christianity" as deist in all but name: powerless, godless, and lacking any authority except as determined by current political mores.

I never posted at religion.com but I recently started posting at Christianforum.com. I will have to see if it turns out bad like that. So far I have only been in a small number of threads.

None. I agree with your premise about atheists online. Most are out to evangelize their atheism. If not everything they say is sinful, a substantial amount is rooted in purblind contempt for the faith. As Jesus said "Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit." Matt 15;14.

However, that said, not every sceptic is a hardcore atheist; and there are genuine inquirers with genuine questions that need genuine answers. There are so many who are so completely deluded by the spirit of the age. The trouble is, it's difficult to separate the former from the latter. Therefore there is no harm debating with them, as long as it is done primarily for Christ's benefit, including your own. It's a good way to firm up one's owns beliefs and opinions.

Great points.

I have been a member of Christian Forums.com for 13 years (though I haven't been on constantly). It has changed a lot during that time. I find that along with a lot of atheists, there is a significant Catholic representation. It can be really difficult to post anything discussing Catholicism in any way, as you are likely to be accused of "Catholic bashing" and perhaps even reported. (I had a thread entirely removed for no other reason than that I wanted to take a Biblical look at "Our Lady of Fatima". I was accused of "flaming" and "goading" all Catholics, and I was given a stern warning) Catholics on Christian Forums, however, seem to be able to say no end of actually insulting things about "Protestants". I've reported a few such posts and threads and nothing is ever done about them. So, I've called it quits from there for now, perhaps permanently, as the level of censorship and favouritism towards certain members/groups does not encourage or even allow for honest discussion.

I have been a member of Christian Forums.com for 13 years (though I haven't been on constantly). It has changed a lot during that time. I find that along with a lot of atheists, there is a significant Catholic representation. It can be really difficult to post anything discussing Catholicism in any way, as you are likely to be accused of "Catholic bashing" and perhaps even reported. (I had a thread entirely removed for no other reason than that I wanted to take a Biblical look at "Our Lady of Fatima". I was accused of "flaming" and "goading" all Catholics, and I was given a stern warning) Catholics on Christian Forums, however, seem to be able to say no end of actually insulting things about "Protestants". I've reported a few such posts and threads and nothing is ever done about them. So, I've called it quits from there for now, perhaps permanently, as the level of censorship and favouritism towards certain members/groups does not encourage or even allow for honest discussion.

That's good to know since I am a new member there.

That's good to know since I am a new member there.

Not to discourage you or anything, I simply suggest you use caution when posting there. It can be quite a negative and harsh environment, but you could really help people as well.

• Like 2

Not to discourage you or anything, I simply suggest you use caution when posting there. It can be quite a negative and harsh environment, but you could really help people as well.

That's what I will do. I like posting there but I have seen some of the negative environment.

• Like 1

Another comment about the ReligionForum.com that I've been on -- off and on -- it has sections for both theists and non-theists. That's why I've been able to have good conversations from time to time with other believers. There have been lots of opportunities to fit salvation into the conversations -- there's a section where a person Can't argue Against God's existence. As another poster has commented -- forums Can be used to help a person 'bone up' on their beliefs -- apologetics -- what a person believes and why.

Another comment about the ReligionForum.com that I've been on -- off and on -- it has sections for both theists and non-theists. That's why I've been able to have good conversations from time to time with other believers. There have been lots of opportunities to fit salvation into the conversations -- there's a section where a person Can't argue Against God's existence. As another poster has commented -- forums Can be used to help a person 'bone up' on their beliefs -- apologetics -- what a person believes and why.

I should maybe join that one as well. I am still getting used to Christianforums.com but may join ReligionForum.com as well.

It's the one with debate / discussion included in the Google entry.

It's the one with debate / discussion included in the Google entry.

I signed up and I think I found it. Thanks.

Just looking at some of the posts in The Thinking Atheist forum is beyond discouraging. I've debated with atheists on a Christian forum before, but I truly do not think I could spend long on an atheist forum.

• Like 2

Just looking at some of the posts in The Thinking Atheist forum is beyond discouraging. I've debated with atheists on a Christian forum before, but I truly do not think I could spend long on an atheist forum.

I know, it isn't easy. I go there for a while and then leave for a while and go back.

I know, it isn't easy. I go there for a while and then leave for a while and go back.

Yeah, I guess some can handle it better. I think that overall it would be too much for me, just like the news can be so often.

• Like 2

Yes, and I couldn't tolerate being on a Christian forum overrun with atheist or other unorthodox groups.

Reminds me of people here in California migrating to more Conservative areas in America. They move from here to there but take their politics with them. In short, they liberalize Conservative areas. They don't understand that the places they move to are the way they are because they have rejected liberalism. They end up running down and destroying the areas they move to because their political ideology hasn't changed. The same can apply to different online communities. We tend to receive an occasional member frustrated with other communities, and then find a home here. It is beyond me why some come here wishing to change this board to something more familiar to them where they had negative experience. Many people creep into liberal mainstream church communities and there's no difference or transformation in their lives or doctrine from that of unbelievers. That's something staff here needs to be aware of.

I realize some want atheist, Catholics, SDA, Mormons and JWs here on this board. Right now our Protestant base is just big enough that we can allow one or two but we'll keep tabs on the board making sure it isn't overrun. That's something we couldn't allow in the past because we hadn't enough Protestants. Catholics tried to overrun the board. And now and then we have a group of atheist that find this forum and posts links in their place of gathering trying to get people to troll the board. Granted, there's a difference between genuine or sincere inquiry and someone looking to evangelize to atheism. I think our moderators do a wonderful job of keeping this atmosphere enjoyable for Christians, keeping it a place where we can actually open up the covers to the bible and discuss serious theological subjects. Having said that, we really are not a "religion" board but a theologically focused one.

Yeah, I guess some can handle it better. I think that overall it would be too much for me, just like the news can be so often.

Sounds like we share something in common in that I try to choose my friends wisely rather than fall into relationships. I really haven't any unbelievers in my life that I am close to, and I limit the amount of exposure I am subjected to liberal news. All news matter of fact, I unplugged or cancelled television subscription six months ago. Had it for around four months, and before then never had it for 8 years. I don't want to be exposed to garbage, and I don't want to discuss pearls amongst the dogs and pigs.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Yes, and I couldn't tolerate being on a Christian forum overrun with atheist or other unorthodox groups.

I agree. I guess I kept posting on the forum I was a member of for so long, because I hoped that maybe, just maybe, it would make a difference to someone out there.

Reminds me of people here in California migrating to more Conservative areas in America. They move from here to there but take their politics with them. In short, they liberalize Conservative areas. They don't understand that the places they move to are the way they are because they have rejected liberalism. They end up running down and destroying the areas they move to because their political ideology hasn't changed.

Yes.

That's something we keep track of here. Many people creep into liberal mainstream churches and there's no difference or transformation in their lives or doctrine from that of unblievers.

There is so much deception in the Church today, it's overwhelming.

I realize some want atheist, Catholics, SDA, Mormons and JWs here on this board. Right now our Protestant base is just big enough that we can allow one or two but we'll keep tabs on the board making sure it isn't overrun.

I can only speak for myself, but I do appreciate that. It's not that I don't want contact with anyone who doesn't share my beliefs. I am perfectly willing to discuss my faith with those who don't believe as I do, but all too often it gets out of hand and when people come to a known "Protestant" forum, they are often only here to challenge people and argue, not to ask honest questions.

That's something we couldn't allow in the past because we hadn't enough Protestants. Catholics tried to overrun the board.

I'm glad you and your team were able to sort that all out.

And now and then we have a group of atheist that find this forum and posts links in their place of gathering trying to get people to troll the board.

Yes, one only needs to scroll through an atheist forum briefly to see that they do share information on where they can go to dispute the Christian faith.

Granted, there's a difference between genuine or sincere inquiry and someone looking to evangelize to atheism.

Agreed, and I wish it was easier to tell the difference. I do think we should take every opportunity to share our faith with others, and I'm sure a forum like this can be a wonderful way to to do just that.

I think our moderators do a wonderful job of keeping this atmosphere enjoyable for Christians, keeping it a place where we can actually open up the covers to the bible and discuss serious theological subjects.

I think they are too, and I appreciate that. I've very much enjoyed being here in the short time I have been so far. :)

Having said that, we really are not a "religion" board but a theologically focused one.

I understand. I've enjoyed reading and responding to various topics here.

Sounds like we share something in common in that I try to choose my friends wisely rather than fall into relationships. I really haven't any unbelievers in my life that I am close to, and I limit the amount of exposure I am subjected to liberal news. All news matter of fact, I unplugged or cancelled television subscription six months ago. Had it for around four months, and before then never had it for 8 years. I don't want to be exposed to garbage, and I don't want to discuss pearls amongst dogs and pigs here, there, or anywhere.

God bless,

William

Yes, we do share that in common. My husband and I don't have cable or satellite either. I don't miss it at all. We can't even trust the mainstream news in any case, they definitely have their narrative, and they chose just what to report on and how to go about it so that it fits their "agenda." I just keep reminding myself to trust in the Lord in all things. Life would be far to overwhelming if I didn't cling to the hope I have in Him. (Helping others is also so very important, otherwise I get far too "me" focused and weighted down with whatever I'm dealing with at the time)

God bless you too.

• Like 2

I feel the same way about the news sometimes and that forum so I totally understand that.

• Like 1

Reminds me of people here in California migrating to more Conservative areas in America. They move from here to there but take their politics with them. In short, they liberalize Conservative areas. They don't understand that the places they move to are the way they are because they have rejected liberalism. They end up running down and destroying the areas they move to because their political ideology hasn't changed. The same can apply to different online communities. We tend to receive an occasional member frustrated with other communities, and then find a home here. It is beyond me why some come here wishing to change this board to something more familiar to them where they had negative experience. Many people creep into liberal mainstream church communities and there's no difference or transformation in their lives or doctrine from that of unbelievers. That's something staff here needs to be aware of.

I realize some want atheist, Catholics, SDA, Mormons and JWs here on this board. Right now our Protestant base is just big enough that we can allow one or two but we'll keep tabs on the board making sure it isn't overrun. That's something we couldn't allow in the past because we hadn't enough Protestants. Catholics tried to overrun the board. And now and then we have a group of atheist that find this forum and posts links in their place of gathering trying to get people to troll the board. Granted, there's a difference between genuine or sincere inquiry and someone looking to evangelize to atheism. I think our moderators do a wonderful job of keeping this atmosphere enjoyable for Christians, keeping it a place where we can actually open up the covers to the bible and discuss serious theological subjects. Having said that, we really are not a "religion" board but a theologically focused one.

Sounds like we share something in common in that I try to choose my friends wisely rather than fall into relationships. I really haven't any unbelievers in my life that I am close to, and I limit the amount of exposure I am subjected to liberal news. All news matter of fact, I unplugged or cancelled television subscription six months ago. Had it for around four months, and before then never had it for 8 years. I don't want to be exposed to garbage, and I don't want to discuss pearls amongst the dogs and pigs.

God bless,

William

Great post William. Very informative regarding this forum. I am glad I found this place.

Good points on choosing what to be exposed to.

• Like 1

I agree. I guess I kept posting on the forum I was a member of for so long, because I hoped that maybe, just maybe, it would make a difference to someone out there.

Yes.

There is so much deception in the Church today, it's overwhelming.

I can only speak for myself, but I do appreciate that. It's not that I don't want contact with anyone who doesn't share my beliefs. I am perfectly willing to discuss my faith with those who don't believe as I do, but all too often it gets out of hand and when people come to a known "Protestant" forum, they are often only here to challenge people and argue, not to ask honest questions.

I'm glad you and your team were able to sort that all out.

Yes, one only needs to scroll through an atheist forum briefly to see that they do share information on where they can go to dispute the Christian faith.

Agreed, and I wish it was easier to tell the difference. I do think we should take every opportunity to share our faith with others, and I'm sure a forum like this can be a wonderful way to to do just that.

I think they are too, and I appreciate that. I've very much enjoyed being here in the short time I have been so far. :)

I understand. I've enjoyed reading and responding to various topics here.

Yes, we do share that in common. My husband and I don't have cable or satellite either. I don't miss it at all. We can't even trust the mainstream news in any case, they definitely have their narrative, and they chose just what to report on and how to go about it so that it fits their "agenda." I just keep reminding myself to trust in the Lord in all things. Life would be far to overwhelming if I didn't cling to the hope I have in Him. (Helping others is also so very important, otherwise I get far too "me" focused and weighted down with whatever I'm dealing with at the time)

God bless you too.

It seems to me like there is more deception/disinformation regarding Christianity than any other subject, including politics, intelligence, warfare, and science.

Yeah, the news is garbage. They don't report the deep rooted problems in this country. They serve an agenda is all they do, like you said. They are a propaganda machine.

• Like 1

It seems to me like there is more deception/disinformation regarding Christianity than any other subject, including politics, intelligence, warfare, and science.

I think there can be, yes.

Yeah, the news is garbage. They don't report the deep rooted problems in this country. They serve an agenda is all they do, like you said. They are a propaganda machine.

I absolutely agree. I wish more people would just turn it off. Television is probably one of the most effective tools and mean of deception in our world today. We need to be vigilant.

• Like 1

I think there can be, yes.

I absolutely agree. I wish more people would just turn it off. Television is probably one of the most effective tools and mean of deception in our world today. We need to be vigilant.

I use to watch the news a lot but now I catch a little bit here and there. Just tired of the nonsense.

I use to watch the news a lot but now I catch a little bit here and there. Just tired of the nonsense.

Agreed. I scan the headlines a bit, but I refuse to immerse myself in the news or to believe their narrative. They do not present an accurate picture of reality.

I know I do not want to be uniformed, but I do not want to be misinformed either. That's the struggle.

Agreed. I scan the headlines a bit, but I refuse to immerse myself in the news or to believe their narrative. They do not present an accurate picture of reality.

I know I do not want to be uniformed, but I do not want to be misinformed either. That's the struggle.

It is a struggle, I agree. I pretty much do the same thing and sometimes listen if something important or interesting comes on. Otherwise, I just keep it off. I get some news from the Internet but even a lot of that is questionable. Hardly anyone reports on (https://fightgangstalking.com/what-is-gang-stalking/) which is one of the big problems in this country.

• Like 1