The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
maryserv

Found out a confidential report of wrong doing by a faculty member was leaked

Hello,

Today I joined this forum to get some feedback on how to handle something. I have to keep it anonymous as I now cannot have any more discussion about it within my Bible study group...At the end of last school year, one of my dearest friends held a party in her home. There were a few members of the school staff there. We were all women. Late in the evening I walked into the kitchen and found a teacher standing over something in a bag. Someone else walked into the room and I asked the few there "what's that?" The person not standing with the bag at the counter said: "It's pot". She had a tone of voice that could have meant a variety of things and I did not read anything into it. We are in a state where marijuana is illegal. I also used to be on the board of this private Christian school and helped write the Honor Code for faculty.

I don't believe I made a huge deal about it but did say "I cannot be around that" and gathered my things and walked out. I couldn't leave in my car so I asked my husband to get me. We made a decision to report the incident as a general finding to the head of school and the Rector of the church. I did not mention names. My comments were generally directed toward teachers have a moral code to go by (spelled out in the honor code) and that if they are going to break that they should not be doing it in a school parents home (I can't tell someone what to do in their own home).

My friend has not spoken to me all summer. Today I spoke to the only person I could about this, which was the person that said: "it's pot". The gist of the conversation was that my friend is upset with me because I reported the incident. It turns out that this was a topic of conversation (that I reported it) This means that someone said something and broke the confidential nature of my report. I was even very specific that I was not going to mention any names because I was concerned for repercussions and retaliation. My son still attends this school.

I welcome feedback on this issue.

Thank you

• Like 1

So basically your friend stopped talking to you because you don't have tolerance for criminal behaviour in a place where children are present.

You did the right thing, next time just call the police.

If whoevers pot it was got too high to drive one day and forgot to look be look before backing out their parking spot and a kid over they wouldn't be so laid back about it.

That pot could have even came from or was going to be sold to a student, it happens.

I hope your friend has some understanding and talks to you again, and I hope to see you around the forums.

• Like 3

Yep, pretty much how I saw it at the time. I think that she thought I somehow implicated her. She never came up. I was so careful to avoid using names for all of it and it still blew up. It is just heart breaking. I spoke to the School Board president after posting this and he thought I ought to go back to the headmaster and let him know that I found out that my reporting was divulged. He thought that if I were going to report this than I should have gone "all the way" with names. I didn't because I didn't want the other two faculty members that were not a part of this to be looped in and of course I didn't want any of the parents that were not a part of it looped in. The unfortunate thing is that the person that brought the pot is a "favorite". She has no credentials for teaching yet holds a librarian position. She is a bff (sort of) of the newish dean of instruction.

I realize that I am not the "norm". I went to a great public HS, College, etc. all without going to a party with alcohol or drugs. I just didn't hang with those folks. I have a sister that did every kind of drug that was out there, but I never saw it because she was not at home. (She was younger by one grade). I know that pot is legal in many areas, but it isn't here. I've seen too many lives truly messed up by it. I don't want to get into an "is pot addicting" argument with anyone.

I don't know...I guess I need to keep examining where everything is and at the same time keep praying for my friend to speak.

• Like 1

Your friend will probably come around, she'll eventually figure out that you really didn't anything but act out of concern and you played by the rules.

There's not a whole lot to debate when it come to pot being addictive. Anything that can be enjoyed can become an addiction espeicaly when it's something that changes the production of brain chemicals as its main purpose.

Pot being legal is just crazy to me, we really don't need people spacing out when they're driving, that's one of my biggest concerns, and clidren and teens are more likely to get their hands on it when it's legal, even worse it comes in edible candy forms which makes it much easier for even adults to overdose on.

• Like 1