The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
CatRandy

Trump Followers

Trump supporters

Eventually when all of this crashes, when Trump is forced out of office for all of his treasonous activity, we will not forgive and forget.

Voting for Donald Trump says more about you than it does about him. It was a character test and you failed.

This is especially true of everyone without exception who continues to support Trump with full and complicit knowledge of his xenophobia, racism, corruption, and malignant Narcissiism.

So far 3 or 4 of the CEO’s on Trumps council have quit in protest over his actions. Not one of the ministers on his faith advisory council have. It’s sickening to think that 3 CEO’s have a greater sense of moral and ethical responsibility than the ministers on Trumps council, or the millions of professing Christians who still blindly follow their Fuehrer have.

So far 3 or 4 of the CEO’s on Trumps council have quit in protest over his actions. Not one of the ministers on his faith advisory council have. It’s sickening to think that 3 CEO’s have a greater sense of moral and ethical responsibility than the ministers on Trumps council, or the millions of professing Christians who still blindly follow their Fuehrer have.

Untitled.jpg.1d8ed0a40a18f20e9bd2d889c2e2e33c.jpg

• Like 3

This is especially true of everyone without exception who continues to support Trump with full and complicit knowledge of his xenophobia, racism, corruption, and malignant Narcissiism.

20841851_1149213421879360_876404871777755235_n.png.591da3f45374015134e0dd0078764067.png

• Like 5

The Nazis killed 20 million people. In WW2. They are a defeated enemy that the far right are trying to resurrect. They lost the right to be heard 20 million murders ago.

Good morning. - I'm not very into current politics right now. Too much other stuff in my head. But the Nazis are always on my mind. I was born and raised in Germany.

It's true, the Nazis have nothing to say or stand on. Their philosophy is pure evil. White supremacy, "Christian" values, anti-Semitism, etc. Sometimes I'm surprised about movements in the U.S., as some of them would be outright forbidden in Germany. (They do not have freedom of expression there as it is here. The Nazi and the Communist parties are not allowed there. Only modified platforms. You cannot fly the swastika either. Gets you sent to jail.) - I find this very interesting, this difference. I remember seeing a movie in which, based on a true story, a Jewish ACLU lawyer defended Nazis to their American right for freedom of speech. They won and could demonstrate. I found that to be a powerful message.

Like I said, I'm not too informed on current issues, but I know in Germany they have the right getting louder as well. Question is: Are this Nazis? The left seems to be getting lefter and lefter, and sometimes so tangled up in their viewpoints and opinions they make no sense anymore. I'm not right or left. I'm conservative, but I can be pretty libertarian and liberal on certain issues. But what I wanted to say, at least in Germany, the many immigrants make some people nervous. That's not xenophobia or racism. It's just too many for the population and the size. Does not apply to America I think because it's all set up differently and "melting" is part of being American. In Europe there is no real melting. Cultures keep separate for a big part. Good or bad I don't know. That's just the way it is.

I would never demonstrate in favor of keeping immigrants out or Muslims or whatever. I work next to a mosque and had a great conversation with the imam there, too. Long time ago, but he really took time to listen and explain things I was interested in. (He teaches at a university in North Carolina now I think. Possibly back in Egypt.) But one has to understand why people do that. It's not hatred. It's concern for their values being overrun and stuff forced upon them they don't want. I think they have a right to that. Violence, however, is never a right, no matter from whom it comes.

Following Trump blindly just because he knows what people want to hear says more about the followers than about Trump. But it says even more about us as Americans. (I am an American citizen. German passport gone.) Would be a nice ground these days to present a new kind of philosophy on the book shelves. One that evaluates our history, values, why and how, where we're going or not going. It might be time. - Makes me think of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and Karl Barth, too. The Barmen Declaration. Powerful confession right into the face of Hitler. Barth, as Swiss, lived long. Bonhoeffer of course was later executed.

Sorry I have no further opinion on just about the current situation, and I'm definitely not a book of wisdom to spill out tidbits of grandeur, but speaking philosophically, we got some interesting things to think and talk about in this country. Think and talk. Debate and argue about. Formulate and have real discussions based on reasoning with clear heads. Screaming and throwing things ain't helping much. Well, it seems to in Turkish and Eastern European parliaments, LOL. Maybe Congress should take boxing lessons to keep it off the streets and show people they care.

Just my 50 cents. 45 cents.

Have a great day everybody.

God bless,

Mike

• Like 2

Hi Mike,

I spent 2 1/2 years in West Germany in the Army from 1977-1980. I loved Germany (hated the Army). I've often thought I should have got German citizenship and stayed there. I used to speak pretty good German back in the day, but I can't remember enough now to even order dinner. I went down to the Austrian border near Konigsee and Berchtesgarden. Wunderschön.

Good morning Randy. So many Americans were in Germany back then. The street around our town was built by them. The barracks were further down a few towns and they didn't want to ruin the street in town with their tanks, so they built a highway around the town. In the 90's I think all the Americans left, at least in our area. The barracks house immigrants now I believe, or the socially disadvantaged.

I prefer living in the U.S. Germany is too "organized" for me. Everything is "perfect". If you grow up there of course you don't notice, but if you return you wonder why everything is so controlled. At least it feels like that to me now. - It's a beautiful country though. Where I'm from, north of the Black Forest, it looks like Ohio or Pennsylvania. Much industry, too. Pretty rich area. Not much unemployment. Cars, machines, etc. The North, the coal mines, they're not doing too well these days. Was very different when they were still used a lot. All the life was up there.

Only been to Austria once, as a kid. Awesome! The mountains! Fresh air so beautiful.

Ja, ja, deutsch ist nicht so einfach. Englisch faellt mir leicht. (German is not that easy... I'm told. I'm good with English though.)

God bless,

Mike

Voting for Donald Trump says more about you than it does about him.

I voted for Trump because I didn't want Clinton to become president and promote abortion. Trump's removal would mean that Mike Pence would become president and I think that would be good for the country.

I was stationed in Friedberg, about 21 km NE of Frankfurt. I understand that base closed as well. I spent 3 miserable weeks in the Black Forest in January on maneuvers. Camping in snow in freezing weather was no fun.

I voted for Trump because I didn't want Clinton to become president and promote abortion. Trump's removal would mean that Mike Pence would become president and I think that would be good for the country.

You were afraid she would kill the unborn, so you voted for someone who will steal their healthcare and kill them after they're born. Pro-life womb to tomb or you're just playing games to make you feel good about yourself.

You were afraid she would kill the unborn, so you voted for someone who will steal their healthcare and kill them after they're born. Pro-life womb to tomb or you're just playing games to make you feel good about yourself.
All you are doing is making idiotic accusations against members. You don't know these people. You don't know their hearts or minds. It is clear to me who the fascist is. Whatever you think Trump is, clearly you are the same. You will not give a fair hearing to anyone who do not bow down to your political alter of the absurd.

You will not be allowed to cause chaos here for your own self righteous amusement. Your outrage is nothing more than ego.

• Like 2

The Nazis killed 20 million people. In WW2. They are a defeated enemy that the far right are trying to resurrect. They lost the right to be heard 20 million murders ago.

And what does that say about the Democrats behind abortion which cost the life of 57,000,000+ unborn persons?

Steal their healthcare? Murdering the child is not healthcare for the child.

ROFL - The only way to react to such an absurd statement - "Pro life womb to tomb", the argument that one cannot be for capital punishment and pro-life or that the tax payer's rejection of universal health care denies people treatment, when in fact no person is denied healthcare. The difference is that the responsibility and accountability for any bills incurred rests on the head of the uninsured.

America is the most charitable country donating through various foundations and charities some 500 billion a year. That's more than the gross domestic product of most socialized countries.

William

• Like 3

Trump, while not perfect was and currently is the best man for this country at this time. I shudder to think of the horrors Hillary would have brought to this country. Sadly, I am ashamed to say she attended the same High School I did. She did not learn her values there though, but in her college years elsewhere. She would have sold us out to islam, probably succeeded in banning firearms, ushering in yet more atheism, etc.

• Like 1

I was stationed in Friedberg, about 21 km NE of Frankfurt. I understand that base closed as well. I spent 3 miserable weeks in the Black Forest in January on maneuvers. Camping in snow in freezing weather was no fun.

My Uncle was stationed in the Air Force in Tule, Greenland North of the Arctic Circle. He installed and maintained radio towers there during the Korean War. He had something to complain about and made your tour in Germany look like a cakewalk. Once he got out he moved to Las Vegas for the rest of his life.

Trump, while not perfect was and currently is the best man for this country at this time. I shudder to think of the horrors Hillary would have brought to this country. Sadly, I am ashamed to say she attended the same High School I did. She did not learn her values there though, but in her college years elsewhere. She would have sold us out to islam, probably succeeded in banning firearms, ushering in yet more atheism, etc.

The Bill and Hillary are deceitful to the core! I shudder to think what she would have done had she been elected. She would have been perhaps worse that wicked President Obama.

• Like 4

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"20841851_1149213421879360_876404871777755235_n.png","data-attachmentid":47288}[/ATTACH]

good point - thanks for this

God bless you my friend

All you are doing is making idiotic accusations against members. You don't know these people. You don't know their hearts or minds. It is clear to me who the fascist is. Whatever you think Trump is, clearly you are the same. You will not give a fair hearing to anyone who do not bow down to your political alter of the absurd.

You will not be allowed to cause chaos here for your own self righteous amusement. Your outrage is nothing more than ego.

thank you for this - good points

God Bless you my friend

amen - well said

i think too many people rely on a media that lies for monetary gain - and as a result don't really know the truth about what is happening

God Bless you my friend

• Like 1

Good morning. - I'm not very into current politics right now. Too much other stuff in my head. But the Nazis are always on my mind. I was born and raised in Germany.

It's true, the Nazis have nothing to say or stand on. Their philosophy is pure evil. White supremacy, "Christian" values, anti-Semitism, etc. Sometimes I'm surprised about movements in the U.S., as some of them would be outright forbidden in Germany. (They do not have freedom of expression there as it is here. The Nazi and the Communist parties are not allowed there. Only modified platforms. You cannot fly the swastika either. Gets you sent to jail.) - I find this very interesting, this difference. I remember seeing a movie in which, based on a true story, a Jewish ACLU lawyer defended Nazis to their American right for freedom of speech. They won and could demonstrate. I found that to be a powerful message.

Like I said, I'm not too informed on current issues, but I know in Germany they have the right getting louder as well. Question is: Are this Nazis? The left seems to be getting lefter and lefter, and sometimes so tangled up in their viewpoints and opinions they make no sense anymore. I'm not right or left. I'm conservative, but I can be pretty libertarian and liberal on certain issues. But what I wanted to say, at least in Germany, the many immigrants make some people nervous. That's not xenophobia or racism. It's just too many for the population and the size. Does not apply to America I think because it's all set up differently and "melting" is part of being American. In Europe there is no real melting. Cultures keep separate for a big part. Good or bad I don't know. That's just the way it is.

I would never demonstrate in favor of keeping immigrants out or Muslims or whatever. I work next to a mosque and had a great conversation with the imam there, too. Long time ago, but he really took time to listen and explain things I was interested in. (He teaches at a university in North Carolina now I think. Possibly back in Egypt.) But one has to understand why people do that. It's not hatred. It's concern for their values being overrun and stuff forced upon them they don't want. I think they have a right to that. Violence, however, is never a right, no matter from whom it comes.

Following Trump blindly just because he knows what people want to hear says more about the followers than about Trump. But it says even more about us as Americans. (I am an American citizen. German passport gone.) Would be a nice ground these days to present a new kind of philosophy on the book shelves. One that evaluates our history, values, why and how, where we're going or not going. It might be time. - Makes me think of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and Karl Barth, too. The Barmen Declaration. Powerful confession right into the face of Hitler. Barth, as Swiss, lived long. Bonhoeffer of course was later executed.

Sorry I have no further opinion on just about the current situation, and I'm definitely not a book of wisdom to spill out tidbits of grandeur, but speaking philosophically, we got some interesting things to think and talk about in this country. Think and talk. Debate and argue about. Formulate and have real discussions based on reasoning with clear heads. Screaming and throwing things ain't helping much. Well, it seems to in Turkish and Eastern European parliaments, LOL. Maybe Congress should take boxing lessons to keep it off the streets and show people they care.

Just my 50 cents. 45 cents.

Have a great day everybody.

God bless,

Mike

Hello and welcome to the US Mike. I spent 2 years, in the mid-sixties in Hanau and Frankfurut and was delighted to begin to understand my ancestry on my mother's side. My Grandpa, George Schoenberg came through the Port of Galveston after World War One and remained in Texas, worked and purchased Farm Land and became world famous with folks coming from all over the world to purchase a Hog or pair of hogs because every Livestock Show he entered them in they took the Blue Ribbon in Class and many of them took the purple Overall Best. You have just as much right to express yourself as I do. Being born here is no better than one having the good sense to immigrate here. Danka schoen, that is my 2 cents worth.

• Like 1

You, just, might be a Christian in more than name, I am not YHWH and I am not given by Him to know but your words are not based in nor on anything Yashua said nor did and that is, just, wrong. Just as wrong as the folks that were anti-Obama without due cause. President Trump is seated in the Oval Office because God placed him there. (Romans 13:1-7)

As far as the 2016 Election, I voted Trump because I did not want her husband nor her in the White House. They both have the stench of the White Water murder and other murders on their beings. That and HRC jas promoted Abortion up to one year of age, she is worse than Jezebel. And as for Trump, he is the first president since Ronald Reagan that has even tried. One more thing you should have, by this time determined for yourself, Donald J. Trump is a successful entrepreneur, Construction and hands on operator from NYC where you curse to fit in. Since Mr. And now President Trump became serious about his Personal Walk with Jesus, not just his vocabulary has changed and as a Christ Follower you are responsible to forgive him as Yashua did.

• Like 3

You, just, might be a Christian in more than name, I am not YHWH and I am not given by Him to know but your words are not based in nor on anything Yashua said nor did and that is, just, wrong. Just as wrong as the folks that were anti-Obama without due cause. President Trump is seated in the Oval Office because God placed him there. (Romans 13:1-7)

As far as the 2016 Election, I voted Trump because I did not want her husband nor her in the White House. They both have the stench of the White Water murder and other murders on their beings. That and HRC jas promoted Abortion up to one year of age, she is worse than Jezebel. And as for Trump, he is the first president since Ronald Reagan that has even tried. One more thing you should have, by this time determined for yourself, Donald J. Trump is a successful entrepreneur, Construction and hands on operator from NYC where you curse to fit in. Since Mr. And now President Trump became serious about his Personal Walk with Jesus, not just his vocabulary has changed and as a Christ Follower you are responsible to forgive him as Yashua did.

amen - well said

• Like 2

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"20841851_1149213421879360_876404871777755235_n.png","data-attachmentid":47288}[/ATTACH]

love this!

Trump supporters

Eventually when all of this crashes, when Trump is forced out of office for all of his treasonous activity, we will not forgive and forget.

Voting for Donald Trump says more about you than it does about him. It was a character test and you failed.

Oh CatRandy are you one of those "Leftists?" Obama was the most wicked presidents we have ever had, you mean you would have wanted a Mrs. Clinton who supports murdering babies for president?

CatRandy are you telling me Jesus Christ is your Lord? Really?

I voted for Trump (while holding my nose, I wanted Ted Cruz) and I still support him because his policies are spot on for the most part. He is not our pastor, he is not even a church figure, he is a God ordained leader of our nation and that demands your support. You don't have to like him, or even agree with him, but biblically you must respect him.

• Like 5

I voted for Trump (while holding my nose, I wanted Ted Cruz) and I still support him because his policies are spot on for the most part. He is not our pastor, he is not even a church figure, he is a God ordained leader of our nation and that demands your support. You don't have to like him, or even agree with him, but biblically you must respect him.

A lot of people voted for Trump, I understand why after he won the Republican candidacy, what I couldn't understand was why they were voting for him before he won against Ted Cruz. How Donald Trump painted Ted Cruz as a D.C. insider was just ludicrous. If anything this shows how much Republicans hate Cruz, they'd rather have an Independent run rather than a Conservative Tea Party member.

I wanted Cruz, and couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump. Ted Cruz is a thoroughbred Conservative race horse. You just point him in the right direction and let him run.

Ted Cruz has a voting record I can find confidence in: https://www.conservativereview.com/scorecard/

A lot of people vote for a politician based on campaign promises, I think this is a mistake. Check the voting record of a candidate beforehand as there should be no surprises after we vote someone into office.

God bless,

William

• Like 1