The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Innerfire89

What can be done for Africa?

The problems Africans face seem to have no end! Many people can't even get aid because there's no roads to get to them. They can't work crops or take care of livestock because they are sick with AIDS.

What can we do? What can I do to help these people in the name of Christ? I'm willing to go and spend the rest of my life in Africa doing whatever work I can do to help those starving children.

P.S. Please pray for Africa and all the countries in great need.

• Like 1

Perhaps look into mission organizations that focus their efforts in that particular area.

• Like 2

Recently on another forum site I was a member of on and off for almost 20 years I posted a link to this YouTube video below. It did make me cry. I vowed after watching it to make a donation to this Ministry which I did yesterday. To my horror I was actually called a, "Snowflake" and to, "Keep my $" by another forum member there. Another member who should know better said, "I haven't watched the whole video but why was that man there? And "why was the TV crew there?" (The TV crew IS the Ministry!) And, "yes there are people suffering in Africa but there are people suffering right here in the USA". This man is almost 100 years old and his family doesn't come to see him. He lived in a small room with no lights, and was often locked in there. He was nothing but skin and bones, a skeleton. Their responses totally disgusted me and I have abandoned the forum site I was at in search of a better one that has real Christians in it. So here I am. If this isn't the love of God in action I don't know what is! Be sure and watch the whole video. I found out this Ministry regularly does such charitable deeds like this taking care of the needs of the poor there. And they have donated over $20 million so far. [h=1]SHOCKING: A Testimony That Will Make You CRY!!![/h] "What you are about to watch is shocking to say the least - the height of human suffering mingled with the heart of human compassion. An elderly man was abandoned in a village, left to fend for himself in the dark. The bed where he laid became his toilet, sores filling his entire body due to the neglect. It was in this horrifying condition that the Emmanuel TV found Mr Osunla..."

• Like 1

If you are not called to go to Africa then consider helping some ministry that is helping them both spiritually and materially. I think both are important. For example just giving food or $ to a witchdoctor without presenting the Gospel or seeking to get him delivered only continues the ancestral spirits to further generations. He must be delivered from Satan's grip too.

• Like 3

If you are not called to go to Africa then consider helping some ministry that is helping them both spiritually and materially. I think both are important. For example just giving food or $ to a witchdoctor without presenting the Gospel or seeking to get him delivered only continues the ancestral spirits to further generations. He must be delivered from Satan's grip too.

Good point, the disease is spiritual, the symptoms are a ravished people. Most of these troubled countries have deep roots in using magic and channeling spirits.

And welcome to Christforums by the way.

• Like 1

The problems Africans face seem to have no end! Many people can't even get aid because there's no roads to get to them. They can't work crops or take care of livestock because they are sick with AIDS.

What can we do? What can I do to help these people in the name of Christ? I'm willing to go and spend the rest of my life in Africa doing whatever work I can do to help those starving children.

P.S. Please pray for Africa and all the countries in great need.

Africa is a big and diverse place you know

• Like 2

Africa is a big and diverse place you know

Yes. I'm not being specific about what countries in Africa. You get the jest.

• Like 1

The last several days I have been watching numerous videos and testimonies of former Africans who have been delivered from witchcraft, ancestral spirits, idol worship, curses, and more. Sometimes their deliverance can be quite dramatic and shocking since many of those people have never known Christ!

• Like 1

Here just one example of a nan in Lagos, Nigeria who was severely demon possessed. He was consecrated to an idol called Idigun, God of iron. He also was possessed by a false God called, "the queen of the coast". You can read about both of those things in the internet. He was also involved in voodoo. Watch as he is delivered of all that satanic junk and gives his extensive testimony at a later date. It is a long video but well worth watching when you have some time.

• Like 1

Here just one example of a nan in Lagos, Nigeria who was severely demon possessed. He was consecrated to an idol called Idigun, God of iron. He also was possessed by a false God called, "the queen of the coast". You can read about both of those things in the internet. He was also involved in voodoo. Watch as he is delivered of all that satanic junk and gives his extensive testimony at a later date. It is a long video but well worth watching when you have some time.

I watched some of the video and plan to watch more later. But I have to warn you that not everyone who cast out demons is actually casting out demons. A few thing to consider about SCOAN are that the pastor has a net worth of ten million, miracles are a regular happening and done in front of the congregation, and something to take note of in the video is that the pastor just knew the man was demon possessed eventhough the man was showing no signs of possession.

I say all this in love brother, test every spirit and every teacher, even if it seems like they're doing good.

​​

​​​​​

• Like 4

Yes, many false doctrines have infiltrated the church...

I see you are Presbyterian. I also was raised in Presbyterian Sunday school. I'm sure glad Jesus set me free!

• Like 1

The person exhibited signs of demonic possession right from the start he showed signs of extreme violence, hostility, rebellion. And the fact remains he was.delivered and as I said gave his testimony at a later date. One should listen to it before making hasty judgements before examining his changed life...

I see you are Presbyterian. I also was raised in Presbyterian Sunday school. I'm sure glad Jesus set me free!

Amen, unless you mean set free from the Presbyterian church. Lol.

• Like 2

The person exhibited signs of demonikc possession right from the start he showed signs of extreme violence, hostility, rebellion. And the fact remains he was.delivered and as I said gave his testimony at a later date. One should listen to it before making hasty judgements before examining his changed life...

True, but at the very beginning the narrorator says he showed no signs of possession.

I did more research on prophet TB Joshua, many of his prophesies didn't come true. One of them harmed many people because he told them there was no more Ebola. If a prophecy doesn't come true than the prophet is fake and not from God.

​​​​​​​

• Like 3

True, but at the very beginning the narrorator says he showed no signs of possession.

I did more research on prophet TB Joshua, many of his prophesies didn't come true. One of them harmed many people because he told them there was no more Ebola. If a prophecy doesn't come true than the prophet is fake and not from God.

Umn tha't not what I heard him say. The Narrator said "Mr. Enny's reaction shows early signs of demonic activity". And he does, he shows violence, rebellion, hostility as soon as he is touched.

I have done research on TB Joshua as well. he has had his flubs, and problems. And I too take his "prophecies" with a grain of salt. In reality I have not found ANY so called, "Prophets" whose predictions have come true. I remember Harold Camping years ago claiming on such and such a date the world was going to end and the rapture was going to take place. Well it didn't, so he simply changed the dates forward, lol. But on the other hand thousands have been delivered from witchcraft, voodoo, satanism, idol worship, generational curses, spiritual husbands, demon possession, alcoholism, drugs, and more via the power of Christ working within the SCOAN ministry. The fruit is there though, if it wasn't people would not be going there or be delivered. In just about all the videos the people who are delivered give their testimony afterwords or at a later date often with their entire families present as witnesses. I am well aware of SCOAN's net worth. Did you know TB Joshua lives right there at the Church? He has no mansion like other mega preachers. And when they do a crusade, they pay for the entire thing, no donations are taken or asked for. TB Joshua is the very first to admit that he cannot heal anyone, that Jesus is the healer. I am also aware they have donated an estimated $20 million to the poor, charitable causes, giving out food, those in need, even $ to Church attendees and members, etc. Like in the first video of the old man I had posted earlier. They even hired the Nurse to take care of others need's within that village not just the old man's. One video was of a Boko Haram member who was saved. He had planned to bomb the church. The mInistry there has made a huge impact on Nigeria and many other countries there. Is it a bad thing if people have been set free form the bondages of those things? I am certainly grateful the Lord set me free from the slavery of alcoholism, drug addiction, and cigarettes years ago. False Prophet or not, the fruit is there, and that is a life that has been transformed by the power of Christ. And that's always a good thing. Luke 9:49-50 says: "And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us."

Umn tha't not what I heard him say. The Narrator said "Mr. Enny's reaction shows early signs of demonic activity". And he does, he shows violence, rebellion, hostility as soon as he is touched.

I have done research on TB Joshua as well. he has had his flubs, and problems. And I too take his "prophecies" with a grain of salt. In reality I have not found ANY so called, "Prophets" whose predictions have come true. I remember Harold Camping years ago claiming on such and such a date the world was going to end and the rapture was going to take place. Well it didn't, so he simply changed the dates forward, lol. But on the other hand thousands have been delivered from witchcraft, voodoo, satanism, idol worship, generational curses, spiritual husbands, demon possession, alcoholism, drugs, and more via the power of Christ working within the SCOAN ministry. The fruit is there though, if it wasn't people would not be going there or be delivered. In just about all the videos the people who are delivered give their testimony afterwords or at a later date often with their entire families present as witnesses. I am well aware of SCOAN's net worth. Did you know TB Joshua lives right there at the Church? He has no mansion like other mega preachers. And when they do a crusade, they pay for the entire thing, no donations are taken or asked for. TB Joshua is the very first to admit that he cannot heal anyone, that Jesus is the healer. I am also aware they have donated an estimated $20 million to the poor, charitable causes, giving out food, those in need, even $ to Church attendees and members, etc. Like in the first video of the old man I had posted earlier. They even hired the Nurse to take care of others need's within that village not just the old man's. One video was of a Boko Haram member who was saved. He had planned to bomb the church. The mInistry there has made a huge impact on Nigeria and many other countries there. Is it a bad thing if people have been set free form the bondages of those things? I am certainly grateful the Lord set me free from the slavery of alcoholism, drug addiction, and cigarettes years ago. False Prophet or not, the fruit is there, and that is a life that has been transformed by the power of Christ. And that's always a good thing. Luke 9:49-50 says: "And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us."

OK, but if he's a false prophet that not just a little problem, false prophets are condemned, they deceive the church with harmful teachings, the only thing to do is warn our brothers and sisters to stay away from them.

Not all miracles are genuine and not everyone who cast out demons in Christ name is even saved, Matthew 7: 21-23.

​​​​​​

​​​​There is a lot wrong with this man and I consider that might even be starting a cult. The congregation of his church has even put his name into their hyms. False prophets are a very serious matter, for example Jim Jones was a false prophet who performed miracles, although events like Jones town don't happen often it's a good example of the damage false prophets do.

Again brother, I'm only talking to you out of love and concern. Be on the lookout for wolves in sheep's clothing.

​​​​

• Like 2

Alright, here's the last thing on bring up on SCOAN and TB Joshua. He sells anointing water that they claim to not only change lives but give salvation, that is a false Gospel!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

OK, but if he's a false prophet that not just a little problem, false prophets are condemned, they deceive the church with harmful teachings, the only thing to do is warn our brothers and sisters to stay away from them.

Not all miracles are genuine and not everyone who cast out demons in Christ name is even saved, Matthew 7: 21-23.

​​​​​​

​​​​There is a lot wrong with this man and I consider that might even be starting a cult. The congregation of his church has even put his name into their hyms. False prophets are a very serious matter, for example Jim Jones was a false prophet who performed miracles, although events like Jones town don't happen often it's a good example of the damage false prophets do.

Again brother, I'm only talking to you out of love and concern. Be on the lookout for wolves in sheep's clothing.

​​​​

I have never heard any song that has his name in it. Please show an example. Thanks.

As far as "cults" go ever since I became a born again Christian there were times people have said I was in a, "cult", lol. Most of those comments came from hardcore catholics like my ex Mother in law, lol.

Also since you are wanting to do Missions in Africa you may as well know you are free to attend and stay at SCOAN in Lagos for 7 days free of charge. That way you can see firsthand and up close what goes on there. You can stay there for free, there is no charge. They do have rooms for International travelers right there at the Church and you will be escorted to and from the Airport for safety reasons. You will also receive 3 meals per day, free.

Edited by Explorer55

Speaking of, "false prophets" many of the early evangelists who first brought the Gospel to me via TV, radio, printed format have been involved in various scandals, sins, flubs, etc over the years.

That still does not negate the fact that I heard the Gospel through many of their Ministries!

I thank them for it and Pray for the Lord's direction and will in their lives.

Many of them have since gone home to be with the Lord, the "reverend" Billy Graham who recently did so being one of them. (There is no, "reverend" office found in the Bible incidentally. The office or title of reverend is not even scriptural.)

But the Lord showed me early on we as Christians are not to, "follow men".

We are to follow Christ. And as long as we do we cannot be snared by any man.

I just checked on SCOAN's website to see about just where to purchase the "anointing water". which you stated is for sale. Unfortunately they do not sell it like you mentioned. Looks like someone has deceived you.

The only things they are offering for sale are the following: Books, DVD's, and a few downloads for about .99 each.

You can see for yourself below.

And of course you can view about 1,000 videos on YouTube of various services, sermons, teachings, crusades, healings, etc for free on YouTube itself.

They must have stopped selling it for some reason, but I watched two video on the Emanuel Tv YouTube channel one was for anointing water and the other was for morning water which is just another annionting water. Unfortunately I can't get videos to post here.

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3.

Like TB Joshua also says, "You MUST be Born again!" You will find a number of sermons by him on that very subject below.

Telling someone they must be born again isn't the Gospel, they have to be born again to accept and understand the Gospel.

Speaking of, "false prophets" many of the early evangelists who first brought the Gospel to me via TV, radio, printed format have been involved in various scandals, sins, flubs, etc over the years.

That still does not negate the fact that I heard the Gospel through many of their Ministries!

I thank them for it and Pray for the Lord's direction and will in their lives.

Many of them have since gone home to be with the Lord, the "reverend" Billy Graham who recently did so being one of them. (There is no, "reverend" office found in the Bible incidentally. The office or title of reverend is not even scriptural.)

But the Lord showed me early on we as Christians are not to, "follow men".

We are to follow Christ. And as long as we do we cannot be snared by any man.

Hearing the Gospel from any source is good, but not every one who preaches it lives by it or has right intentions, those people are harmful to the maturing of the faithful, and many times they discredit the truth.

Alright, here's the last thing on bring up on SCOAN and TB Joshua. He sells anointing water that they claim to not only change lives but give salvation, that is a false Gospel!

I have a hard time believing that to be real. For one it would be unbaribly painful unless it was severely infected, in which case the kid wouldn't be walking around on crutches. The skin is only swollen around the bone and it makes little sense why they would go there I stead of them coming to where the kid was. So the kid has cancer and a broken leg with the bone protruding out of the skin, yet he doent have a life treating infection or gangrene and can still walk on crutches well enough to get to the church so they can record him being healed.

• Like 1

@Innerfire89 -- just watched part of the video -- and I agree -- no way.

• Like 1