The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
ADofTX

Greetings and Salutations in the Name of the Lord

I am brand new to the community. I am a born again Spirit filled believer who has walked with Christ for the last 32 years. I love Jesus and I love the brethren. I am glad to be here.

• Like 2

Thank you William!

No problem. I read your other thread and what happened on another site. I hope that you stick around here and grow in fellowship.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!

• Like 1

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!

Thank you.

• Like 2

Welcome ADofTX. May I call you ADo? I hoe you fine frendship, encouragement and the Love of christ jesus here, blessings.

justme

• Like 1

Welcome ADofTX. May I call you ADo? I hoe you fine frendship, encouragement and the Love of christ jesus here, blessings.

justme

Call me Alex

• Like 2

Thats great Alex, that's easier to type for me. Where are you from, and what church are you involved with? I like your symbol above your name I have never seen it before. I can't think of anything for me, yet, but I am thinking about it.

justme

• Like 1

Thats great Alex, that's easier to type for me. Where are you from, and what church are you involved with? I like your symbol above your name I have never seen it before. I can't think of anything for me, yet, but I am thinking about it.

justme

I host a house church in my home. The picture is Polycarp whose dying words echo my sentiment with the Lord: "How can I deny my Lord who has been good to me all my life?" He was 82 years old when he was burned at the stake. When I thought about it, I realized Polycarp was acknowledging that God was good to him even before he had the new birth. In my life, I came to Christ at the age of 32 (I am almost 64) yet in hindsight I can clearly see the many times God had been good to me even though I was not yet reconciled to him by the blood of Christ.

• Like 3

Alex, Luke 7:47 explains how I think of you. I wish that a house church would go here. However there iis a SBC church near by. Our church is about 30 miles from our house.back in 1957 I was 11 when Jesus called me unto Him. The Holy father has watched over me every day. How wonderful. I like the saying " I am the wretch the song refers to". For I truly am a wicked person in my sinful nature. I am saved by Grace, by Gods Mercy and the Blood of Jesus Christ alone, by faith alone. Amen. Blessings.

justme

• Like 1

Alex, Luke 7:47 explains how I think of you. I wish that a house church would go here. However there iis a SBC church near by. Our church is about 30 miles from our house.back in 1957 I was 11 when Jesus called me unto Him. The Holy father has watched over me every day. How wonderful. I like the saying " I am the wretch the song refers to". For I truly am a wicked person in my sinful nature. I am saved by Grace, by Gods Mercy and the Blood of Jesus Christ alone, by faith alone. Amen. Blessings.

justme

I did not start the house church. I actually had stepped away from church life for a few years, then some friends starting coming over to my house to read the Bible and to pray. This was so refreshing to hear what everyone else thought that we made it a regular event. They have been coming over for seven years now. I understand Luke 7:47. Before coming to Christ at the age of 32 I had many years of sinning. Although my love for Jesus is deep because I know how much I have been forgiven, I still wish I had come to Christ as a child, because all sin has consequences, and I know the Lord is stilling working me through some of those consequences.

• Like 2

The only issue with house churches is they can lack the connection to other Followers and fellowship. All churches and perhaps house churches have the possibility of becoming a clique, and ingrown. We need to have people who have learned more that "us'. I see this in one non-denominational church that says they are not a denomination, but really are. That is Calvary Chapel, and they can be ingrown and I have witnessed in one church that the same family that founded the church, that all the leaders meaning Elders, that make all the decisions , the people in the church had no vote or were able to become an elder. Family churches can have the same issues.

I wonder how House churches assimilate new spiritual gifted people into leadership? How do they come up with a statement of faith, do the copy one or come up with one on their own? I know this is alot, so if you prefer not to ansowe i can understand why, Iasked a lot. Blessings.

justme

• Like 1

The only issue with house churches is they can lack the connection to other Followers and fellowship. All churches and perhaps house churches have the possibility of becoming a clique, and ingrown. We need to have people who have learned more that "us'. I see this in one non-denominational church that says they are not a denomination, but really are. That is Calvary Chapel, and they can be ingrown and I have witnessed in one church that the same family that founded the church, that all the leaders meaning Elders, that make all the decisions , the people in the church had no vote or were able to become an elder. Family churches can have the same issues.

I wonder how House churches assimilate new spiritual gifted people into leadership? How do they come up with a statement of faith, do the copy one or come up with one on their own? I know this is alot, so if you prefer not to ansowe i can understand why, Iasked a lot. Blessings.

justme

Your concern sounds the same as people who object to families leaving public school to home school.

First off, fellowship in mainline congregations is a slow process since you don't get to know anyone during a worship service. Instead you have to attend Sunday School, potlucks and various out reach ministries to make friends in the fellowship. Whereas in a house church everyone participates like the 1st century church did which gathered in homes and other places. The synagogue format on which Catholicism was based as well as Protestantism (which never intended to abolish Catholicism, only reform it - Lutherans still consider themselves Catholics) did not come about until about the second century, and it was in the third century preaching as a center of gathering was promoted by Chrysostom, who was a Greek orator who saw this as a way to continue making money off of simply talking. Before that preaching was never to the saved, but as evangelism to the lost.

Second, Christians are everywhere in America. To think you can only find them in a congregation is narrow minded point of view. God is not a helicopter God. That is, He is not like helicopter moms who watch everything their children do and keep them in sheltered environments. He is a a wild God who has free range children. I talk to everyone I meet about Christ. There is no lack of Christian fellowship, especially in Texas where I live.

Third, we do lack for leadership because the Holy Spirit is our leader.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

We are all old people in our house, and we all have known the Lord for 30 and 40 years. We are fine. One size does not fit all.

• Like 1