The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
Sign in to follow this  
Child of God

Seeing & Hearing an Angel

This is a true story about seeing and hearing an angel whom I consider to be my "Guardian Angel.” It is written for the love of all angels.

Psalm 34:7. The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them.

Shortly after Jesus had found me, I saw a spirit's profile with praying hands, before my eyes. At the time, I thought that it was the dead and that they had the right idea by praying. A few days later, I saw the same vision and thought the same thing...not knowing that it was an angel from God. Again, a few days goes by and I saw it, his whole spirit form, wings and all, with praying hands. And starting with his wings, he began being dressed in the purest of whites. I knew he was an angel before he flew away and was out of my sight. He has a beautiful slim figure and was created perfect for flight. When I had seen his hands closely the first two times, I had seen them so clearly that I could honestly say that he most likely has fingerprints just like ours. About a week goes by and I heard his beautiful voice calling out my name. His voice is much more beautiful than any human voice. It was obvious to me that this was a magnificent creature and above us humans here on earth. About a month later, after I had been persecuted by the dead, he stood by my bedside and put his head on mine, showing me that he loved me and cared. They truly are loving creatures.

John 20:12. And she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had lain, one at the head and one at the feet.

This song mentions angels calling a person out by their name;

Thank you, God, for all your beautiful angels. Amen.

That's amazing. Thanks for sharing that.

• Like 1

This is a true story about seeing and hearing an angel whom I consider to be my "Guardian Angel.” It is written for the love of all angels.

Psalm 34:7. The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them.

Shortly after Jesus had found me, I saw a spirit's profile with praying hands, before my eyes. At the time, I thought that it was the dead and that they had the right idea by praying. A few days later, I saw the same vision and thought the same thing...not knowing that it was an angel from God. Again, a few days goes by and I saw it, his whole spirit form, wings and all, with praying hands. And starting with his wings, he began being dressed in the purest of whites. I knew he was an angel before he flew away and was out of my sight. He has a beautiful slim figure and was created perfect for flight. When I had seen his hands closely the first two times, I had seen them so clearly that I could honestly say that he most likely has fingerprints just like ours. About a week goes by and I heard his beautiful voice calling out my name. His voice is much more beautiful than any human voice. It was obvious to me that this was a magnificent creature and above us humans here on earth. About a month later, after I had been persecuted by the dead, he stood by my bedside and put his head on mine, showing me that he loved me and cared. They truly are loving creatures.

John 20:12. And she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had lain, one at the head and one at the feet.

Thank you, God, for all your beautiful angels. Amen.

Dear "Child' I do not want to discourage you, but angels do not have wings and no finger prints like ours. To be very respectful, but speaking the truth in love, this is not in line with Scripture. Holy Father God speaks to us by and through His Word the Bible. The Holy Spirit does influence us, and even can direct us. God can use many ways to direct us. But seeing angels is seriously not in line with Scripture.

I would ask you to ask yourself, are you reading and studding the Bible on a daily basis? Hows your prayer life? Are you involved in a church on a regular basis? If these answers are no you may well have been deceived by the devi, and the devil can come like an angel, or a roaring lion. I hope this is not offensive, but it is truth.

justme

• Like 1

Dear "Child' I do not want to discourage you, but angels do not have wings and no finger prints like ours. To be very respectful, but speaking the truth in love, this is not in line with Scripture. Holy Father God speaks to us by and through His Word the Bible. The Holy Spirit does influence us, and even can direct us. God can use many ways to direct us. But seeing angels is seriously not in line with Scripture.

I would ask you to ask yourself, are you reading and studding the Bible on a daily basis? Hows your prayer life? Are you involved in a church on a regular basis? If these answers are no you may well have been deceived by the devi, and the devil can come like an angel, or a roaring lion. I hope this is not offensive, but it is truth.

justme

You could not discourage me. Testimonies of seeing angels is written throughout the Holy Bible. And, I know for a fact that the angel I had seen has wings. Why do you think all the statues of angels have wings? It's because people have seen them, and we who have seen them, know that they have wings. And who's to say that they don't have finger prints just like ours? After all, we were created in the image of God and the angels.

Genesis 1:26. Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Testimonies of seeing angels is written throughout the Holy Bible.
There sure are. Now name one where angels are describe as having wings.

And, I know for a fact that the angel I had seen has wings.
lol That is what you claim but you have no way to prove it and have give no credible reason why anyone should believe it.

Why do you think all the statues of angels have wings? It's because people have seen them, and we who have seen them, know that they have wings.
There is simply no reason to believer those artists ever saw an angel. Statues and painting are nothing more than representation of what those artist imagined an angel might look like. Also simply because you claim to have seen an angel does not prove you saw one.

There sure are. Now name one where angels are describe as having wings.

lol That is what you claim but you have no way to prove it and have give no credible reason why anyone should believe it.

There is simply no reason to believer those artists ever saw an angel. Statues and painting are nothing more than representation of what those artist imagined an angel might look like. Also simply because you claim to have seen an angel does not prove you saw one.

Neither do your claims prove that they do not have wings. I merely told the truth, you can believe it or not, it makes no difference to me.

Exodus 25:20 is one of a number of verses stating angels have wings. However, in the Bible when angels appear to humans they usually look like human beings.

• Like 1

Exodus 25:20 is one of a number of verses stating angels have wings. However, in the Bible when angels appear to humans they usually look like human beings.
Give me a passage which states that angels have wings. I am sure you believe that cherubim are angels but cherubim are never called angels in the Bible.
  • Like 1

Neither do your claims prove that they do not have wings.
lol Brilliant use of logic.

I merely told the truth, you can believe it or not, it makes no difference to me.
If it did not make a difference to you, then you would not be here telling your story.

Give me a passage which claim that angels have wings. I am sure you believe that cherubim are angels but cherubim are never called angels.

Exodus 25:20, Ezekiel 10:5, Isaiah 6:2

• Like 1

Exodus 25:20, Ezekiel 10:5, Isaiah 6:2
Show me the word angel?

I am sure you believe that cherubim and seraphim are angels but cherubim and seraphim are never called angels in the Bible.

Show me the word angel?

I am sure you believe that cherubim and seraphim are angels but cherubim nor seraphim are never called angels in the Bible.

They are angels or angelic beings involved in the worship and praise of God.

They are angels or angelic beings involved in the worship and praise of God.
Where does the Bible make the claim that cherubim and\or seraphim are angels?

There are no verses that state they are angels but it is widely held that they are angelic beings.

• Like 1

Nowhere. But you'll find them as CDF suggest up on cathedral ceilings.

I mean we know how Biblically sound artist are when making artist renderings of heavenly creatures:

Fine-Art-Raphael-Angels-Original-Oil-Painting-on-Canvas-by-artist-Darko-Topalski-m.thumb.jpg.9946813bc88313c8e9d0d01abe796435.jpg

See, they have wings Origen. The wings are on either side of their larynx and mouth.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

There are no verses that state they are angels but it is widely held that they are angelic beings.
That is true but of little help. An angel is a messenger.

Nowhere. But you'll find them as CDF suggest up on cathedral ceilings.

I mean we know how Biblically sound artist are when making artist renderings of heavenly creatures:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tFine-Art-Raphael-Angels-Original-Oil-Painting-on-Canvas-by-artist-Darko-Topalski-m.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t113.7 KB ID:\t46784","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"46784","data-size":"custom","height":"290","title":"Fine-Art-Raphael-Angels-Original-Oil-Painting-on-Canvas-by-artist-Darko-Topalski-m.jpg","width":"581"}[/ATTACH]

See, they have wings Origen. The wings are on either side of their larynx and mouth.

God bless,

William

lol

That is true but of little help. An angel is a messenger.

I agree with that. How would you define the Cherubim and Seraphim?

I agree with that. How would you describe the Cherubim and Seraphim?
I agree with the passages you cited in regard to their descriptions.

I agree with the passages you cited in regard to their descriptions.

Fair enough.

• Like 1

I agree with that. How would you define the Cherubim and Seraphim?

Cherubim had as far as human likeness four faces and up to four wings. That is, as far as human likeness goes, they had "four faces". Seraphim six wings. It appears to me that these heavenly creatures each have a unique role distinct from the class of angels. However, if you're simply meaning angelic beings as in the spiritual realm I can understand the general classification.

On the subject of discussing angelic beings we should probably restrict ourselves on the matter of angels or spirit beings according to the word of God. Let everyone and anyone making sensational claims about them be subject to the word of God. When the Bible remains silent on a subject it is probably best to exhibit such wisdom of ourselves. The Reformation brought to an end the wildly speculative and superstitious methods of interpretation. For example, the occult and spiritualism demonstrates a high fascination with angels, demons, demonic worship, and special revelation. At the very least we could suggest that these fascinations are symptomatic of going apostate - imo. This is of course, something Protestant Reformers worked against in order to bring the Church back to orthodoxy through the Five Solas. Five Solas or foundational pillars which I have found that the original poster has already violated.

God bless,

William

Cherubim had as far as human likeness four faces and up to four wings. That is, as far as human likeness goes, they had "four faces". Seraphim six wings. It appears to me that these heavenly creatures each have a unique role distinct from the class of angels. However, if you're simply meaning angelic beings as in the spiritual realm I can understand the general classification.

On the subject of discussing angelic beings we should probably restrict ourselves on the matter of angels or spirit beings according to the word of God. Let everyone and anyone making sensational claims about them be subject to the word of God. When the Bible remains silent on a subject it is probably best to exhibit such wisdom of ourselves. The Reformation brought to an end the wildly speculative and superstitious methods of interpretation. For example, the occult and spiritualism demonstrates a high fascination with angels, demons, demonic worship, and special revelation. At the very least we could suggest that these fascinations are symptomatic of going apostate - imo. This is of course, something Protestant Reformers worked against in order to bring the Church back to Orthodoxy through the Five Solas. Five Solas or foundational pillars which I have found that the OP has violated.

God bless,

William

That's a great take on the Bible. I agree, we should stick very strictly to the Bible.

There you have it. The Black Crowes, a rock band, become the authority for beliefs concerning angels. Is there no common sense left in the world?

Neither do your claims prove that they do not have wings. I merely told the truth, you can believe it or not, it makes no difference to me.

Child of God, I think the greater question is did what you see bring you to repentance and become a Genuine Born Again Child of God? What changes has that brought that has lasted all these years? Are you now studding the Bible on a daily basis, going to church, witnessing to other'e? The big issue is not seeing something, but what has happened with Jesus Christ in your life, is he truly your Lord and Savior

Forget twhat you saw dwell on Jesus and how He has Saved you. Is that the case?

justme

• Like 1

On tthe Ark of the Covenant the Cherubim has a human head wings and a body of a bull, that just for information's sake.

justme