The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Pouty Puppy

Trump Bans Transgender People In Military

President Trump announced on Twitter Wednesday that he will ban transgender people from serving in the military in any capacity, reversing an Obama administration decision to allow them to serve openly and drawing dismay and anger from advocates.

Washington Post TodayJuly 26th

Praise God!

• Like 3

I know this will face huge opposition, but this should be extended to include all homosexuals as well.

• Like 4

President Trump announced on Twitter Wednesday that he will ban transgender people from serving in the military in any capacity, reversing an Obama administration decision to allow them to serve openly and drawing dismay and anger from advocates.

Washington Post TodayJuly 26th

Praise God!

I hate the Washington Post.

The article does report what Trump is tweeting.

Then the rest of the article is an opinion piece against it as if the majority opposes Trump's policies.

God bless,

William

I hate the Washington Post.

The article does report what Trump is tweeting.

Then the rest of the article is an opinion piece against it as if the majority opposes Trump's policies.

God bless,,

William

That, is not true!

Just a portion of the Washington Post Article. “After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail.”

Please, other members, do read the article before commenting. That way we can discuss more what this new policy is truly about. :RpS_blushing: Blessings.

That, is not true!

Just a portion of the Washington Post Article. “After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail.”

Please, other members, do read the article before commenting. That way we can discuss more what this new policy is truly about. :RpS_blushing: Blessings.

P. Puppy,

Confused. I stated that article did quote Trump's tweet. Which it did. Then the rest of the article appears to be an opinion piece against Trump's decision.

You don't think the article is slanted? Just look at the included video which is titled, "Being transgender got Landon Wilson kicked out of the Navy. Now it could happen to thousands more." The caption reads, "Despite the repeal of "don’t ask, don’t tell" in 2011, there are still military personnel serving in silence. Landon Wilson was a dedicated sailor in the Navy serving in Afghanistan until his leadership learned that he was born biologically female. (Editor's note: This video was originally published in April 2014.) (Whitney Leaming/The Washington Post)"

Now how can someone be "found out to be born biologically female" later by leadership when they had to pass a physical to even get into the Armed Forces? If none of the Physicians can't tell the difference between a male and female then they all need to be discharged.

As I said, I hate the Washington Post. Have they ever written a piece in support of Trump?

God bless,

William