The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
William

United 'Statists' of America?

“A government that is big enough to give you whatever you want is big enough to take away

everything you have.” This political aphorism is often wrongly attributed to Thomas Jefferson.

Although said by Gerald Ford, nevertheless, Jefferson would likely have agreed since he observed,

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

Statism extols this seemingly inexorable tendency to centralize power in the state. Rather than

lodging power in individuals and independent bodies of government, statists believe that the highest

good of life is human government.2 A corollary of statism is that government is best able to meet the

needs of its people. Statists are committed to an ever increasing role of government in all spheres of

life. In statist philosophy, family, church, business, religion, education and local government should

all be under the control of a vast centralized governmental bureaucracy. If followed to its logical

conclusion, statism leads to some form of totalitarianism. Ultimately, the emphasis on the collective

destroys the significance of the individual.....

And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? 15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. 16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: 17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? 18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thya soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. a thy...: Gr. do they require thy soul

Lk 12:14-21

Jesus also said " what profit is there if a man gains the whole world yet loses his soul.

We should Take care where our love is

And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? 15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. 16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: 17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? 18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thya soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. a thy...: Gr. do they require thy soul

Lk 12:14-21

Jesus also said " what profit is there if a man gains the whole world yet loses his soul.

Take care where you love is

Mitchel,

Are you seeing the 30 page PDF attached to the OP?

pdf.thumb.jpg.e2611530d12cd8f26bd825c96a4f6544.jpg

Mitchel,

Are you seeing the 30 page PDF attached to the OP?

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"pdf.jpg","data-attachmentid":44268}[/ATTACH]

If I wanted to read a book I would have gone to Barnes and Noble

Perhaps I should have asked what is your point?

We are a capitalistic democracy. We are not totalitarian. How ever we may getting closer to it. My point is not my point But the Lords point. Love for retirement portfolios and material wealth

If I wanted to read a book I would have gone to Barnes and Noble

Why can't you answer a simple question? I needed to know whether your account can access attachments.

Perhaps I should have asked what is your point?

My point? You're commenting on a thread title and you're asking the point of the OP?

We are a capitalistic democracy. We are not totalitarian. How ever we may getting closer to it. My point is not my point But the Lords point. Love for retirement portfolios and material wealth

Your comment has nothing to do with the OP.

William

Why can't you answer a simple question? I needed to know whether your account can access attachments.

William

Yes I guess so. I read about a page of it. I tend not to go into long reading. It gets tiresome. I didn't care for the all that kind of language. I'm just a simple man and I like reading things that I now what they are saying. :RpS_smile: How ever when it comes from my king James Bible. I know what it's saying

Yes I guess so. I read about a page of it.

Good to know. I thought there was an issue with "account permissions". You are not the first person which seemingly ignored the attachment. I wasn't sure whether you could see or even download it.

God bless,

William

Good to know. I thought there was an issue with "account permissions". You are not the first person which seemingly ignored the attachment. I wasn't sure whether you could see or even download it.

God bless,

William

I see you are Presbyterian. So you were just testing attachments or was there something you wanted to share. I went to a Presbyterian church for spell. I believe God knows no walls when we attach names to our faith. How would you say? Names are only walls that divide. Looking to politics is a distraction in the free world church. Even the organized church can be a distraction.

I see you are Presbyterian. So you were just testing attachments or was there something you wanted to share. I went to a Presbyterian church for spell. I believe God knows no walls when we attach names to our faith. How would you say? names are only walls that divide. Looking to politics is a distraction in the free world.

I wanted to share a 30 page article that it appears you are not interested in reading.

As for the rest of your comment, please keep to the OP, but I'm sure if you posted in the Presbyterian part of the board you may get engagement.

God bless,

William

I wanted to share a 30 page article that it appears you are not interested in reading.

As for the rest of your comment, please keep to the OP, but I'm sure if you posted in the Presbyterian part of the board you may get engagement.

God bless,

William

Well did you really think that most would read a thirty page article. Sorry about getting off OP. I was testing the water. You see I do not identify with any denom. Is there a board that I can express why God knows no denominations. Something more flexible like general discussion. Im not trying to ruffle feathers, but I spoke the truth.

Well did you really think that most would read a thirty page article. Sorry about getting off OP. I was testing the water. You see I do not identify with any denom. Is there a board that I can express why God knows no denominations. Something more flexible like general discussion. Im not trying to ruffle feathers, but I spoke the truth.

If you want to hold peoples interest and it is really relative to our faith most will not read more than a page or two. So getting right to the point and being concise. is much better. Just saying.