The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
William

Your Favorite Quotes

"The Word of God is like a lion. You don’t have to defend a lion. All you have to do is let the lion loose, and the lion will defend itself.” – Charles Spurgeon

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 3:20 PM, William said:

In a discussion about Perseverance of the Saints someone dropped a bomb of a quote. Made me think in that moment the difference between "Perseverance of the Saints" and "Once Saved Always Saved":

“No man living is perfectly assured of God’s love, or is so certain, that he cannot be made more certain.” –Daniel Burgess (1645–1713) The Marks of a Godly Man

God bless,

William

William, the indisputable evidence of a genuine conversion is the Indwelling Holy Spirit. Anyone who has to doubt their salvation never had it to begin with . Eternal Security , John 10:26-29 . Jesus says to the Jews,, I told you and ye believed not, because ye are not of my sheep.... Fast forward to verse 28 "And I give unto them eternal life and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand ."

The Holy Spirit seals until the day of redemption. 2nd Cor.1:22 , Eph.1:4, 4:13, We are the temple of the Holy Spirit , 1st.Cor. 6:19, Eph. 2:21,22 .

Those who try to deny eternal justification use for their "evidence" assorted scriptures that are twisted and bent to convince them that one can lose their salvation.   Think of this,,,, Do you actually believe that Jesus Christ would justify us by His suffering on the cross in our stead with unbearable pain and agony ,only to ultimately sever His relationship with us from being called Sons of God ? That would be the highest form of blasphemy.  If that were the case there would be no Church because there would be no saints to build upon it. No,,,salvation is forever ! M

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Matthew Duvall said:

The indisputable evidence of a genuine conversion is the Indwelling Holy Spirit.

Anyone who has to doubt their salvation never had it to begin with.

Hi Matthew, while I agree with you when you say that "the indisputable evidence of a genuine conversion is the indwelling of the HS", my question is, how is that demonstrated in the life of a believer? After all, there are many who "claim" to be Christians who have, as a result, claimed to have received the Holy Spirit as well, when clearly, they have not. 

As for the "doubting" thing, I will have to respectfully disagree with you about that. The reason I do is because it's hard to believe that there are 'any' true Christians, especially as babes in Christ, who never questioned whether they were saved or not, at least from time to time (especially since causing us to question our salvation is perhaps our enemy's favorite tactic, again, particularly with those who are young in the faith/have not had much experience dealing with him and all the trouble that he brings to bear in our lives).

--David

The impossible dream.

(partial lyrics)

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

I was surprised not to see "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." So much said in few words. and then one which I muse on daily . . . "I only do what I see My Father doing." . . .  so that is pretty much my day . . . What are You doing today, Father, and how can I help?

• Love 2

23 hours ago, Fyrelight said:

I was surprised not to see "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." So much said in few words. and then one which I muse on daily . . . "I only do what I see My Father doing." . . .  so that is pretty much my day . . . What are You doing today, Father, and how can I help?

love that quote. :O)

In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart. -- John Bunyan

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, David Lee said:

Hi Matthew, while I agree with you when you say that "the indisputable evidence of a genuine conversion is the indwelling of the HS", my question is, how is that demonstrated in the life of a believer? After all, there are many who "claim" to be Christians who have, as a result, claimed to have received the Holy Spirit as well, when clearly, they have not. 

As for the "doubting" thing, I will have to respectfully disagree with you about that. The reason I do is because it's hard to believe that there are 'any' true Christians, especially as babes in Christ, who never questioned whether they were saved or not, at least from time to time (especially since causing us to question our salvation is perhaps our enemy's favorite tactic, again, particularly with those who are young in the faith/have not had much experience dealing with him and all the trouble that he brings to bear in our lives).

--David

Genuine believers are few in number and thankful to have the unique privilege of being called the "Sons of God. "

Evidence reveals itself in the form of  strong and undeniable truths that are only available to the true people of God .

Every true believer has the Spirit of Discernment indwelling them from the moment they received Christ. The Holy Spirit is God living in the believing . Deception arises when one claiming to be In Christ when they have no testimony to give . It is to them ,without their knowledge, " Profession without Possession ." Examine that and you will see that one is a mere "confession" based on what they did to consider themselves "saved" when they have not the Spirit of God dwelling in them . Those without the Holy Spirit cannot sue for the Fruits of the Spirit . They can effectively recite them ,but from a fleshly heart that only attest to their presence. So the opposite is what the natural man is living for . Gal. 5:19-21 . And that is the unredeemed heart that bears no evidence of a genuine conversion . God's wrath is reserved for the unbelieving reprobates . Rom.1:18-32. Read the difference.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Matthew Duvall said:

Genuine believers are few in number and thankful to have the unique privilege of being called the "Sons of God. "

Evidence reveals itself in the form of  strong and undeniable truths that are only available to the true people of God .

Every true believer has the Spirit of Discernment indwelling them from the moment they received Christ. The Holy Spirit is God living in the believing . Deception arises when one claiming to be In Christ when they have no testimony to give . It is to them ,without their knowledge, " Profession without Possession ." Examine that and you will see that one is a mere "confession" based on what they did to consider themselves "saved" when they have not the Spirit of God dwelling in them . Those without the Holy Spirit cannot sue for the Fruits of the Spirit . They can effectively recite them ,but from a fleshly heart that only attest to their presence. So the opposite is what the natural man is living for . Gal. 5:19-21 . And that is the unredeemed heart that bears no evidence of a genuine conversion . God's wrath is reserved for the unbelieving reprobates . Rom.1:18-32. Read the difference.

AMEN and for emphasis I say it again AMEN!  LORD, I pray you keep your hands on this servant's heart as you have mine and please, always control his tongue, as you have here, that it and he, always, Glorify you not, as others glorify themselves.