The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
William

Your Favorite Quotes

In a discussion about Perseverance of the Saints someone dropped a bomb of a quote. Made me think in that moment the difference between "Perseverance of the Saints" and "Once Saved Always Saved":

“No man living is perfectly assured of God’s love, or is so certain, that he cannot be made more certain.” –Daniel Burgess (1645–1713) The Marks of a Godly Man

God bless,

William

• Like 4

In a discussion about Perseverance of the Saints someone dropped a bomb of a quote. Made me think, and I then I understood in that moment the difference between "Perseverance of the Saints" and "Once Saved Always Saved":

“No man living is perfectly assured of God’s love, or is so certain, that he cannot be made more certain.” –Daniel Burgess (1645–1713) The Marks of a Godly Man

God bless,

William

Revelation 22:13

"I am the Alpha and the Omega,the First and Last, the Beginning and the End."

"It is such a quiet thing to fall; but far more terrible to admit it." -Kreia

"And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you -- ask what you can do for your country." -John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." -John F. Kennedy

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world was here first." -Mark Twain

• Like 3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world was here first." -Mark Twain

Gotta love Twain's wit!

God bless,

William

• Like 1

"Lam puns are, pound for pound, your best entertainment value." - Gogo Dodo

"I know one thing. Indecision may or may not be my problem." - Jimmy Buffet

• Like 1

What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.
- A.W. Tozer
  • Like 3

This is a good one from Martin Luther..

I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess.
  • Like 3

From C.S. Lewis' book the problem of pain, Speaking of Jesus "only two of this man are possible. Either he was a raving lunatic of an unusually abominable type or else, he was and is precisely what he said. There is no middle way."

• Like 3

From my signature line:

We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone
~John Calvin

• Like 3

Here's one of my many favorites from the Psalms:

The wicked strut about on every side when vileness is exalted among the sons of men.
~Psalm 12:8

MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

--David

"Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness,

but rejoices with the truth"

1 Cor 13:6

Edited by David Lee

322242672_RadicalIslam.jpg.b81bc96ab8647cd63fae5d209c4b1e73.jpg

Some wars are fought on different fronts. Not all doors are physical but some of them are ideological and spiritual... disarm a soldier and they'll remain the course while steadfast in battle... . any Chaplains, Apologists, and Missionaries here?

• Like 2

Grenville Klesier

You are already of consequence in the world if you are known as a man or woman of strict integrity.

Edited by David Lee
  • Like 1

“Yesterday is history,

tomorrow is a mystery,

and today is a gift...

that's why they call it present

Master Oogway from kung fu panda 🐼

• Like 1

“Yesterday is history,

tomorrow is a mystery,

and today is a gift...

that's why they call it present

Master Oogway from kung fu panda 🐼

Here is a similar saying :)

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin" ~Mother Teresa

Here is a similar saying :)

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin" ~Mother Teresa
"Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday" - Stevie Wonder

• Like 1