The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
SNK

Thank you for having me.

I am beginning a new business venture. With that being said, I know that foundation must be of God..my strength my foundation my rock my shield my amour. So I must thank God for using all of you...his hands and feet...bringing Christ into homes in a modern way...so that we may share the good news of salvation...I have missed being surrounded by Believers in Christ-constantly. I am blessed to have that loving feeling again.

Hi SNK, WELCOME TO CF and thank you for joining us :) You said you, "missed being surrounded by Believers in Christ-constantly". If you don't mind me asking, are you returning to the faith after a time away from it, or are you a brand new believer?

In either case, blessings to you in Christ! (Numbers 6:24-26)

~David

I was blessed to have worked for BLOC Ministries of Cincinnati, Ohio. I was the Assistant to the Exec. Director-Dwight Young. I never envisioned myself working for a faith based non-profit. The job title suited me perfectly...but what did I know about supporting a community Pastor who wore t-shirts and jeans to City Council meetings. Coming from a corporate background-I knew I had my work cut out for me AND the religious thing too?? Dwight told me BLOC needed me more than I needed the organization...we agreed the day he hired me that we needed each other...thus my spiritual journey began that day. Fast foward: 1yr 6mos later...I was baptized...so were my teenage children-their own personal choice..we became followers of Rev. Tony Harris-Highland Ave Baptist Church..and as a result my God given talent, I helped put BLOC Ministries on the map...and in case your wondering what BLOC stands for: Believing and Living One Christ. I was blessed-I worked with Believers and since I tend to immerse myself in my careers...lets just say I always found myself in constant fellowship. God has called me to focus on rebuilding my family so I have left my first Christian family. It's different out here in the secular world-it's nice to reconnect.