The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Deidre

Hello, new here :)

Hello :) I like this site so far, joined yesterday. Long story short, I grew up in the Christian faith and left it a few years ago, and eventually identified as an atheist. This time last year, I was an atheist. Towards the end of last year, I was taken aback so much by an experience by what I'd consider to be the Holy Spirit. I was blown away, and there were a few other occurrences that happened after the initial one. I came back to faith, without hesitation and have had a joy and peace in my heart and life that surpasses the temporal happiness that this life brings. I wasn't unhappy per se, as an atheist...but I wasn't peace filled as I am now. I can honestly say I've been born again, and that was something that I couldn't say when I was a Christian, before. Thanks for letting me share my story, and look forward to participating here. :)

• Like 1

Glad you joined us Deidre!

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Welcome.

Your picture looks familiar.

Are you the Diedre from another site who recently got engaged and recently visited a Baptist church with your Catholic parents?

I hope you find the topics as pleasant as I have.

(Keep an eye out for some weekly messages from NetChaplain in 'General Faith' ... they are often REALLY good reading and pick me up.)

Arthur

• Like 1

Welcome.

Your picture looks familiar.

Are you the Diedre from another site who recently got engaged and recently visited a Baptist church with your Catholic parents?

I hope you find the topics as pleasant as I have.

(Keep an eye out for some weekly messages from NetChaplain in 'General Faith' ... they are often REALLY good reading and pick me up.)

Arthur

lol Yes, that is me. :)

I do like this site so far and I'm hopeful of being helpful and encouraging here. Thanks for the advice, I will have to look at the messages you mention. I love reading different daily reflections as it's nice to see new perspectives on our faith.

Hi Deidre,

I notice that every day or so you post another avatar. They don't appear to be the same girl? Are you a photographer or artist? Just curious, maybe we need to start a collection for your avatars :)

God bless,

William