The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Former Reagan Aide Claims Christian Persecution in Middle East is Due to GOP's Support of Israel

A former aide to President Ronald Reagan said in a Forbes op-ed piece that the persecution of Christians in the Middle East is because of the GOP’s support for Israel.

More...

An adviser of George Bush stated that the Iraq war was really for Israel. It's no coincidence that those most eager to believe the President's false WMD claims were Dispy supporters of Israel. The Iraq war, at great cost of blood and money, accomplished little beyond unleashing genocide against Christians in Iraq and putting another nail in the coffin of cultural Christianity in America. Christians who support Israel are willing to sacrifice the world's Christians in support of the Antichristian State of Israel. Then US has then sought to extend the US war on Iraqi Christians to Christians in Syria, Libya, and Iran.

The US should pull all troops out of the middle-east, and cease funding ISIS. The US should at least cease all aid to Israel until Israel grants equal rights to Christians.

And, no Dispies, you won't be Raptured away from the mess you're helping to create. Rather, God will hold you accountable.

Cornelius, you're speaking too kindly. George Bush and Barack Obama should be tried for war crimes. In the interests of justice however, since these Presidents were only puppets, I think that we should allow them to plea-bargain so that we can learn something about the shadow government that both of them were serving while President of the United States.

I found the article heavy on opinion and light on facts.

[WMD] While the WMD threat does appear to have been overstated, the TONS of Enriched Uranium Yellow Cake shipped from Iraq to Canada after the war suggests that the threat was not completely "mythical" either.

• Like 1

[WMD] While the WMD threat does appear to have been overstated, the TONS of Enriched Uranium Yellow Cake shipped from Iraq to Canada after the war suggests that the threat was not completely "mythical" either.
So you trust the presstitute media? Amazing. http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2015/12/23/presstitute-ranks-expand/

I found the article heavy on opinion and light on facts.

Saddam disclosed that yellow cake from the start. That material mentioned in that article was under UN seal from the start of the UN resolution prohibiting Saddam from possessing WMDs. The US and the UN chose to keep the yellow cake in Iraq after 1991. Saddam had a nuclear weapons program prior to the '91 war but he had disarmed in compliance with the UN resolution.

Notice this line from the article you linked to, "U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellow cake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellow cake dating from after 1991, the official said."

The WMD threat wasn't just overstated, it was a complete lie. But the Bush administration and Dispensationalists did their best to con the public into an unjust and criminal war.

Edited by Cornelius

The WMD threat wasn't just overstated, it was a complete lie. But the Bush administration and Dispensationalists did their best to con the public into an unjust and criminal war.
Let's not forget to mention the millions of professing Christians that continue to trust the Neocon's deceit when reality is that George Bush and Barack Obama should be prosecuted for war crimes.

Well, as long as we are discussing facts and not wandering off into inflamitory rhetoric. :)

With all due respect, even if you are 100% correct, you are presenting your case more like a big foot or ufo sighting than anything close to a well reasoned argument.

Good luck pressing your case at The Hague. (Isn't that where international war crime trials are conducted?)

• Like 2

With all due respect, even if you are 100% correct, you are presenting your case more like a big foot or ufo sighting than anything close to a well reasoned argument.

Good luck pressing your case at The Hague. (Isn't that where international war crime trials are conducted?)

I just ask that you cease praising war criminals. Also, please don't think that I can be intimidated by the label of conspiracy theorist, which is frequently invoked by the dupes of war criminals.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jyY6rqP_3Q

I just ask that you cease praising war criminals. Also, please don't think that I can be intimidated by the label of conspiracy theorist, which is frequently invoked by the dupes of war criminals.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jyY6rqP_3Q

Could you point out where I praised anyone?

Even the article in the OP mentions that the man interviewed in the past has been known to be an opinion for hire. I simply criticized the entire article for being heavy on opinion and light on facts that I could even attempt to verify.

My post included a verifiable fact from a real news source that showed that Iraq had Uranium stockpiles.

It was rebutted with accusations about "war criminals" and links to a blog.

I am no fan of any war, but you are offering unsubstantiated rhetoric.

Where are facts? Blogs are by definition, opinions.

My post included a verifiable fact from a real news source that showed that Iraq had Uranium stockpiles.

It was rebutted with accusations about "war criminals" and links to a blog.

It's no less verifiable that the Iraqi uranium stockpile was under the control of the UN from 1991.

It's no less verifiable that the Iraqi uranium stockpile was under the control of the UN from 1991.

Acknowledged.

However the OP offers that a former Reagan Aide made the statement as one of the few facts. Almost everything else in the piece was opinion.

I think that there may be some merit to the claim that political policy impacts the risk to Christians in the Middle East. It is probably a discussion worth having and a topic I would enjoy reading.

"Read this blog" and "presidents should be charged with war crimes" does not get us to that conversation.

That was my only point.

So you have successfully refuted my only fact in our conversation, leaving us with 100% opinion. ;)

Where are facts? Blogs are by definition, opinions.
Even the Bible is entirely opinion. I'm simply asserting that my sources outrank your sources.

For example:

Even the Bible is entirely opinion. I'm simply asserting that my sources outrank your sources.

For example:

Get real.

I am not watching an hour and a half movie from an unknown source just to see if you might have an on-topic point.

Your appeal to authority is unconvincing.

Do you seriously think that NBC news lied and no yellow cake existed and, therefore no yellow cake was sent from Iraq to Canada?

That IS what your earlier post implies.

Which means that Cornelius must be part of the conspiracy, since he claims that that it exists and was under UN control.

I think that I am going to let you respond and have the last word, then stay out of these empty political conversations in the future.

Edited by atpollard
  • Like 1

Zog, there's no reason to doubt that the fire and damage to building 7 brought it down. If I were to believe in big conspiracies, I'd sooner believe that the videos like that are made to make all critics of the government's narrative look loony.

Do you seriously think that NBC news lied?
Do you seriously not understand why those who work for the major network media are called presstitutes?

I think that I am going to let you respond and have the last word, then stay out of these empty political conversations in the future.
Excellent. I propose that we pause to laugh for five whole minutes at the official government-approved conspiracy theory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs_quLjUHwM

Zog, there's no reason to doubt that the fire and damage to building 7 brought it down.
Because you believe everything that the government tells you?

If I were to believe in big conspiracies, I'd sooner believe that the videos like that are made to make all critics of the government's narrative look loony.

Personally, I believe these nuts are to say the least, far from patriotic and at worst bearing false witness. I can't tell you how many videos I watched that were altered after 9/11. Clips were inserted into videos etc. Seriously, I'm talking one frame in a 24 frame per second video - that qualifies as subliminal messaging as far as I am concerned. A friend of mine and I tore apart one of the videos until we found the inserted frame - a missile hitting the Pentagon. These people will stop at nothing trying to turn people against their very own government.

• Like 1

Personally, I believe these nuts are to say the least, far from patriotic and at worst bearing false witness.
So by your logic, all Christians are nuts and deceived because Catholics pray to Mary?

So by your logic, all Christians are nuts and deceived because Catholics pray to Mary?

Someone posts something suggesting Saddam Hussain had hidden tons of yellow cake. I point out that the yellow cake in question has been under UN control the entire time Hussain was prohibited from having WMDs. How do you think it helps my position that Bush conspired to con the public into thinking Saddam was hiding WMDs when you agree with me while posting a loony 9/11 government conspiracy video? You taint an indisputable fact I point out (UN control of the Uranium) with nonsense about a building being brought down with explosives.

You can't plant explosives in a big building without someone seeing you do it or without someone admitting to playing a role in doing it. And, what's the point? Building 7 was gutted by fire, what benefit would collapsing it be? If it weren't gutted by fire, then there would have been no chance for the conspirators to get away with demolitions. You believe in an impossible and pointless conspiracy.

Bush couldn't lie about Saddam having WMDs without Intelligence authorities contradicting him on every point. Bush told the public that Hussain sought yellow cake in Africa. The CIA said it was false. The US ambassador to Niger said it was false. The IAEA said it was false. And, European intelligence whom Bush credited for the claim, said it was false. Bush lied. All big conspiracies have holes big enough to drive a truck through. The reason Bush got away with it was because the public didn't care about the truth at the time. Half the public was in a senseless panic, further inflamed by Bush, from 9/11. And, Dispensationalists (and neocons) are dogs of war who never care about the truth -- they gave Bush the momentum he needed to pull it off..

BTW, the most loony conspiracy theorists are the people who think Bush told the WMD truth. They think Saddam Hussein pulled off one one of the greatest conspiracies in history, except George W Bush was too clever to be fooled (except, oops, Bush turned out to be " wrong"). Imagine Hussain hiding tons of yellow cake and massive stockpiles of other WMDs without a single Iraqi, of what must have involved many thousands of Iraqis, revealing where any of the contraband was for decade. And, without the US, Israel, and UN with inspectors combing the country being able to find even one material stash to catch Saddam in violation of the UN Resolution. And, believers in Hussain's super-conspiracy believe that Hussain could have pulled off the pointless deception forever, else they would have waited until the WMDs were found before supporting action against Iraq. Some of these people think Hussain is still managing to hide stockpiles of WMDs from the grave.

Edited by Cornelius

Someone posts something suggesting Saddam Hussain had hidden tons of yellow cake. I point out that the yellow cake in question has been under UN control the entire time Hussain was prohibited from having WMDs. How do you think it helps my position that Bush conspired to con the public into thinking Saddam was hiding WMDs when you agree with me while posting a loony 9/11 government conspiracy video?
Yes, uncritical minds that refuse to examine the prevailing alternative explanation stand with the presstitute media and have an inclination to repeat their deceit. Of course, in my posting of the best 9/11 Truther video, I was hinting at the larger theory, which explains why Bush lied and ignored the opinions of 16 US Intelligence Agencies, all who said that Saddam Hussain was not an threat to the United States.

You can't plant explosives in a big building without someone seeing you do it
So you're confessing to not knowing anything about what the real 9/11 Truthers are saying and acknowledge that you've only listened to the presstitutes?

"Who were the strange workman and what were they doing..." There were no strange men just like there were no strange trucks taking Hussain's WMDs to Syria (a claim by Dispensationalist liars to explain why no WMDs were found in Iraq after the invasion). A con-artist calling normal things "strange" does't make those things strange, and it certainly doesn't amount to evidence of criminal activity.

Zog, I know if I look into the claims in that video, they'll all fall part like Bush's WMD claims.

Zog, it's very interesting to me how you think the US government is capable of not just doing the most evil things, but doing those most evil things with most un-government-like brilliance, and yet you want massive increases in the size of our government.

Zog, I know if I look into the claims in that video, they'll all fall part like Bush's WMD claims.
Your faith is in your confessed ignorance.

Zog, it's very interesting to me how you think the US government is capable of not just doing the most evil things, but doing those most evil things with most un-government-like brilliance,
I never said that there's any brilliance in the open deceit that is plainly evident to everyone in the Truther movement. Nevertheless, I stand with highly acclaimed scholars (Noam Chomsky, Norman Finkelstein, John Mearsheimer, Stephen Walt), accomplished dissident scientists (Stephen Hawking, Peter Duesberg), award-winning journalists (John Pilger, Chris Hedges) and the world's most courageous political activists (Christopher Bollyn, Ray McGovern, David Ray Griffin, Richard Gage, Naomi Wolf, Niels Harrit, Steven Jones, et al).

and yet you want massive increases in the size of our government.
I've already responded to this lie of yours and you just keep repeating it.

Edited by Zog Has-fallen