The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
William

Mystery Science Guy Theater - Bill Nye on Abortion

He might be an accomplished engineer but he needs to brush up on his facts about conception. I mean, what he fails to understand is that there are natural and unnatural causes for abortion. He mentioned that many fertilisations result to spontaneous abortions and if we see abortion as wrong, then we should make these women liable for these incidents. That's just wrong thinking... Again, there's a major difference between abortion that is induced and not induced. And this is just one of the many flaws of his videos.

He failed to understand that the foetus is not a part of the woman's body. The foetus is a separate entity with his or her own DNA. And that's the amazing part... The foetus is growing inside the body of the woman. We become caretakers and nourishers of these beings. Once the embryo implants on the human's uterus, another human life is developing. And ending that life developing artificially, that's ending another person's life.

But I guess not everyone has the same thinking and it just saddens me. These babies are helpless and they need all the help we can give to let them live their lives successfully. And that includes debunking such ideology as what Bill Nye has.

• Like 1

Quite honestly I just think he is getting his terms confused. What he is referring to as a "natural abortion" is really a miscarriage, which has a bunch of different causes, most of which are not related to something overtly done to the baby; while and abortion is a deliberate act done to end the pregnancy.

They hit the nail on the head. He is an idiot.

• Like 2

They hit the nail on the head. He is an idiot.

Indeed, nailed it. And Nye lacks pretty much any credibility on this front and several others. His ideology drives his "science" so often, including his unbelievably ridiculous statements on abortion.

I wouldn't even like to watch the video. I hate the topic of abortion, to be honest. I just read the comments on here and thought I'd give my two cents. Abortion is often a pretty nasty topic to have in public, with every person in the room having their individual opinion on the topic at hand. Sure, we can agree or disagree, we can take different sources from both science and religion, but at the end of the day, it's either a yes or a no. And for someone to have to rely on simple science and not take religion into consideration for something as controversial as abortion, well I think it's not a great way to deal with it. You have to consider the ethics of these situations, and not just the science behind pregnancy and birth.

Think about that for a moment.

God bless,

William

4 hours ago, William said:

Think about that for a moment.

God bless,

William

I am not sure what I am supposed to be looking at William???

2 minutes ago, Origen said:

I am not sure what I am supposed to be looking at William???

Is it any wonder that Obama supports the abortion activist Bill Nye?

Just thought it was a point of interest.

1792545617_1024px-Bill_Nye_Barack_Obama_and_Neil_deGrasse_Tyson_selfie_2014.thumb.jpg.d825edd8c2e7e54ee204cc2b36f066ad.jpg

God bless,

William

• Like 1

1 minute ago, William said:

Is it any wonder that Obama supports the abortion activist Bill Nye?

Just thought it was a point of interest.

1792545617_1024px-Bill_Nye_Barack_Obama_and_Neil_deGrasse_Tyson_selfie_2014.thumb.jpg.d825edd8c2e7e54ee204cc2b36f066ad.jpg

God bless,

William

Got it.  Thanks.  And I agree.

The strange part is what is the real difference between a baby 1 month before it is born and one month after it is born.  Is it any less dependent on another person for survival?  So why is killing one a "personal choice" and killing the other "murder"?

• Like 2
  • Best Answer 1

On 6/10/2016 at 12:36 AM, OursIsTheFury said:

I wouldn't even like to watch the video.

Just a note that the video is just funny ... in the spirit of "Mystery Science Theater 3000" where two silhouettes make fun of what they watch on the screen. 

You would probably enjoy it. 

NOTHING graphic was shown or discussed.

On 6/7/2018 at 3:18 AM, William said:

It's nice to see the three stooges are still alive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These same guys would be the first to have you arrested if you damaged a bald eagle's egg. Their reasoning?  Because if left alone it will soon be a bald eagle. They are blinded by Satan that a fetus if left alone will soon be a person. As Jesus said of people like this "ye are of your father the devil. He was a liar from the beginning."

Benji

39 minutes ago, Benji said:

These same guys would be the first to have you arrested if you damaged a bald eagle's egg. Their reasoning?  Because if left alone it will soon be a bald eagle. They are blinded by Satan that a fetus if left alone will soon be a person. As Jesus said of people like this "ye are of your father the devil. He was a liar from the beginning."

Benji

The fact of the matter is, a fetus is a person.

Psalms 139:13-16KJV

13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Benji

Which are "these same guys"? Are you referring to the Mystery guys or Bill Nye's, Obama and friends?

God bless,

William 

Any or all. A simple phone call from someone could easily land one in federal prison,  although just thinking about it now that we no longer have a Communist in the White House maybe some sanity might once again prevail.

Benji