The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Noitartst

Theology, Matthew 18:15-17, & Justice

I have been repeatedly asked to "forgive" my mother, but that does not mean I should not, or cannot punish her.  I want to follow Matthew 18 to do so, and for that I need witnesses. Many have counseled leaving, but ostracizing is supposed to only happen after she is confront Ed by witnesses.  Also, I have found no local church willing to cooperate with me.  I just don't want to judged for choosing to punish her.  I also want my theology submitted to theologian s, for judgment.  I am also doing this for stare decisis reasons, and am sick of guilt.  I can fill out more details, as needed.

I simply long to hear the words, "Philip, there is NO guilt in punishing, or rebuking, your mother."  That's it.  No elliptical excuses.  Just support, and solidarity.

7 hours ago, Noitartst said:

I have been repeatedly asked to "forgive" my mother, but that does not mean I should not, or cannot punish her.  I want to follow Matthew 18 to do so, and for that I need witnesses. Many have counseled leaving, but ostracizing is supposed to only happen after she is confront Ed by witnesses.  Also, I have found no local church willing to cooperate with me.  I just don't want to judged for choosing to punish her.  I also want my theology submitted to theologian s, for judgment.  I am also doing this for stare decisis reasons, and am sick of guilt.  I can fill out more details, as needed.

What do you mean by "punish"?

My apologies, for not replying, sooner, friend; by that, I mean simple rebuking; recognition from observers that she is defying not just me, but God.  Jesus called for divisiveness, and I think what I am calling for, is Biblical. 

I am basically tired of people who are not willing to take a stand, against her.  They can criticize her politely, and I can formulate plenty of ways to speak the truth in love, but they simply don't wanna admit that she is wrong, that she defied my authority, and if they can't do that, they are blaming me, and taking my mother's side, by default.  Their rejection, and condemnation hangs off me like spit, blame, and contempt, making mercy into obligation, not choice, and the justice of Matthew 18:15-17 into revenge.  For instance, others keep saying that I should leave my family, but why?  Ostracism is the last resort, but we have yet to establish that my my mother has sinned by multiple witnesses, and if I leave in anger, it is self- condemnation, self-punishment. an act of ungodly rebellion, on my part.  

Also, check my blog at unthawedfury.wordpress.com for more info.  I just want support confronting my mother, per Matthew 18:15-17;  it should be pretty simple, and note it says this is how you handle sin, not the magnitude; it is all about how you measure.  You wanna go ticky-tack, you can, but if so, prepare to be ticky-tacked, too.  Maybe I am going ticky-tacky, but it is NOTHING I am not prepared, for.  I am doing this in good conscience, as best I can tell.

2 hours ago, Noitartst said:

My apologies, for not replying, sooner, friend; by that, I mean simple rebuking; recognition from observers that she is defying not just me, but God.  Jesus called for divisiveness, and I think what I am calling for, is Biblical. 

I am basically tired of people who are not willing to take a stand, against her.  They can criticize her politely, and I can formulate plenty of ways to speak the truth in love, but they simply don't wanna admit that she is wrong, that she defied my authority, and if they can't do that, they are blaming me, and taking my mother's side, by default.  Their rejection, and condemnation hangs off me like spit, blame, and contempt, making mercy into obligation, not choice, and the justice of Matthew 18:15-17 into revenge.  For instance, others keep saying that I should leave my family, but why?  Ostracism is the last resort, but we have yet to establish that my my mother has sinned by multiple witnesses, and if I leave in anger, it is self- condemnation, self-punishment. an act of ungodly rebellion, on my part.  

Also, check my blog at unthawedfury.wordpress.com for more info.  I just want support confronting my mother, per Matthew 18:15-17;  it should be pretty simple, and note it says this is how you handle sin, not the magnitude; it is all about how you measure.  You wanna go ticky-tack, you can, but if so, prepare to be ticky-tacked, too.  Maybe I am going ticky-tacky, but it is NOTHING I am not prepared, for.  I am doing this in good conscience, as best I can tell.

I don't understand your situation whatsoever, I have no idea why you think you have authority over your mother, your living situation etc. You look old enough to not be living with your mom but I observe many millennials that never leave mom's and pop's basement. Again, I haven't enough info to even consider giving Godly advice.

On 11/11/2018 at 8:01 PM, William said:

Still there?  Did I need to give mere details?

I don't understand your situation whatsoever, I have no idea why you think you have authority over your mother, your living situation etc. You look old enough to not be living with your mom but I observe many millennials that never leave mom's and pop's basement. Again, I haven't enough info to even consider giving Godly advice.

I respect your hesitancy, and would like you to read my blog, but look.  It comes down to how I want to live, and that is the issue; I need witnesses, and am fighting for principle; I just want moral support whilst confronting her.  I have a specific interpretation of Scripture, and just want it supported.  I am grieving, fighting numbness, and am trying to follow my instincts, which involve making an example of her.  I am risking her rejection of me, and if so, so be it; to not go through this, I am committing sin.