A place for limited moderation of a formal discussion between two people on a particular topic in a public meeting, in which opposing arguments are put forward.

Using Greek or Hebrew language to exalt yourself.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Using Greek or Hebrew language to exalt yourself.

    I have come across some Christians who think by learning Greek or Hebrew, it will help them understand the biblical scriptures better. All I know is that if they aren't "born again" in the Spirit of God, it won't make any difference what kind of language they learned in their lifetime. All those Greeks and Hebrew speaking people who heard the Gospel being preached to them in their own languages by God's saints during the first witness starting 2,000 years ago either believed the Gospel was of God or they didn't believe the Gospel was of God. Those old languages will not help you understand the Gospel when it's preached to you in those languages.

    If you come to me using those old languages that can't even be understood by the Greeks or Hebrew speaking people of today, then I know you're exalting yourself over the Gospel of God that I've been preaching for God for the past several years in a language that can be understood by English speaking believers today. They don't need to know Greek or Hebrew to understand the deep secrets that only God knows about and has revealed to those of us who preach the Gospel.

  • #2
    I find such ideas uninformed and myopic and thus only could be uttered by someone who does not know Greek or Hebrew. God chose His Word to be written in Greek and Hebrew, hence that makes them important and valuable. Such comments often make me wonder how others think English translations exist if not for Greek and Hebrew scholars. God lead me down a path to learn those languages and I will use those tools. Thus it is not a case of exalting oneself but of following the path that God has made and using those tools He has placed within their hands. Anyone who thinks English always captures every nuance of syntax, idiom, and tense of the verb systems, needs to educate themselves on the matter before they speak concerning things about which they know nothing.
    Comment>

    • #3
      Originally posted by Origen View Post
      I find such ideas uninformed and myopic and thus only could be uttered by someone who does not know Greek or Hebrew. God chose His Word to be written in Greek and Hebrew, hence that makes them important and valuable. Such comments often make me wonder how others think English translations exist if not for Greek and Hebrew scholars. God lead me down a path to learn those languages and I will use those tools. Thus it is not a case of exalting oneself but of following the path that God has made and using those tools He has placed within their hands. Anyone who thinks English always captures every nuance of syntax, idiom, and tense of the verb systems, needs to educate themselves on the matter before they speak concerning things about which they know nothing.
      I bet Noah, Abraham, Israel, Joseph, Moses, King David, Job, Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, the rest of the prophets and all God's first saints would have thought God was crazy to have them learn the former languages of the first prophets in order to understand what the Gospel was the God was preaching into their minds.

      God doesn't have any problem converting His thoughts into the various languages that the flesh of man uses in the world. He's the creator of all those languages so He's pretty familiar with them all.
      Comment>

      • #4
        Originally posted by GodMan View Post
        I bet Noah, Abraham, Israel, Joseph, Moses, King David, Job, Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, the rest of the prophets and all God's first saints would have thought God was crazy to have them learn the former languages of the first prophets in order to understand what the Gospel was the God was preaching into their minds.
        Since Moses, under God's inspired Spirit, relates all the information about Noah, Abraham, Israel, Joseph, and himself, there would not have been a need. Moreover since, all the O.T. documents are written in Hebrew\Aramaic and given by God Himself, your point is moot. You are not a divinely inspired oracle of God.

        Originally posted by GodMan View Post
        God doesn't have any problem converting His thoughts into the various languages that the flesh of man uses in the world.
        He sure could but the Scriptures were written in Greek and Hebrew and thus they are more important than any translation. Those are the languages He used to covey His Word. Everything else is translation for which you have to take the word of the translators.
        Comment>

        • #5
          Originally posted by Origen View Post
          Since Moses, under God's inspired Spirit, relates all the information about Noah, Abraham, Israel, Joseph, and himself, there would not have been a need. Moreover since, all the O.T. documents are written in Hebrew\Aramaic and given by God Himself, your point is moot. You are not a divinely inspired oracle of God.

          He sure could but the Scriptures were written in Greek and Hebrew and thus they are more important than any translation. Those are the languages He used to covey His Word. Everything else is translation for which you have to take the word of the translators.
          God used the Beast to teach all His people the various languages that go along with each false god they build with their human hands. The reason the scriptures are all in one language is because of the Beast. The translators used to copy and translate from the original texts that God's early prophets wrote starting with Moses gathered these texts into one scroll to be read by the religious heathens along with the future saints and prophets.

          God is much more knowledgeable than you are about His languages that He taught His people to use to describe their false gods, how to make plans for them, build them, maintain them and for all the stories that God's people to talk about those false gods they love so much.

          I know exactly how God converts His thoughts into English words within my mind to write and speak. It's very similar to how computer programmers use their thoughts to speak code into voice recognition software today that can be converted into almost all of the various languages that God's people write and speak today.
          Comment>

          • #6
            Originally posted by GodMan View Post
            God used the Beast to teach all His people the various languages that go along with each false god they build with their human hands.
            Who is this Beast you are talking about?
            Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>

            • #7
              Originally posted by GodMan View Post
              God used the Beast to teach all His people the various languages that go along with each false god they build with their human hands. The reason the scriptures are all in one language is because of the Beast.
              The Scriptures are not all in one language but three (i.e. Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic).

              Originally posted by GodMan View Post
              The translators used to copy and translate from the original texts that God's early prophets wrote starting with Moses gathered these texts into one scroll to be read by the religious heathens along with the future saints and prophets.
              And they are in Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic.

              Originally posted by GodMan View Post
              God is much more knowledgeable than you are about His languages that He taught His people...
              Or you, yet God did used those languages and that makes them important, valuable, and worthy of study.

              Originally posted by GodMan View Post
              I know exactly how God converts His thoughts into English words within my mind to write and speak.
              lol You mean you think you know, but since you are not a divinely inspired oracle of God I see no reason to accept your claim.
              Comment>

              • #8
                Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                Who is this Beast you are talking about?
                The Beast is the thoughts of God that are converted into the knowledge to teach his people how to build things ( false gods ) with their human hands. For every false god that is build there are several sets of knowledge required. The first set of knowledge ( language ) is to get those images, shapes, mathematical measurements, and words to draw the building plans or even paint them on canvas like artists do.

                The one who gets these thoughts in their mind to draw plans for a false god is usually the King and anyone the King allows to get in on that knowledge. This knowledge is usually protected with patent laws and copyrights today.

                The next set of knowledge required for a false god is the building techniques and all the tools that are needed to put them together. There gets to be quite a language put together in order to build those false gods with human hands. These building techniques are usually protected through various unions and secret societies like the Mason's, etc.

                The third set of knowledge is required to maintain and clean those false gods. There are many unions formed today to protect this knowledge from other companies that may steal it and use it for their own false gods.

                The last set of knowledge ( language ) comes into the minds of the people ( customers ) who use the false gods or live in them or around them. Their stories involving each false god keeps growing.

                Anyway, today, there are millions and millions of false gods built with millions and millions of different languages surrounding them.
                Comment>

                • #9
                  Originally posted by Origen View Post
                  The Scriptures are not all in one language but three (i.e. Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic).

                  And they are in Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic.

                  Or you, yet God did used those languages and that makes them important, valuable, and worthy of study.

                  lol You mean you think you know, but since you are not a divinely inspired oracle of God I see no reason to accept your claim.
                  I don't argue with people who believe in something that will keep them from the knowledge of God.
                  Comment>

                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GodMan View Post
                    I don't argue with people who believe in something that will keep them from the knowledge of God.
                    You mean like the original languages that God's Holy Word was written. Your claim is silly. Knowing the Word of God in its original languages in no way could keep anyone from the knowledge of God. They are in fact the primary source of that knowledge.

                    Comment>

                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Origen View Post
                      You mean like the original languages that God's Holy Word was written. Your claim is silly. Knowing the Word of God in its original languages in no way could keep anyone from the knowledge of God. They are in fact the primary source of that knowledge.
                      That's the reason they know nothing about the Beast of Daniel. Only our Creator can teach the deeper knowledge that's required to understand all the prophecies written in any language.
                      Comment>

                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GodMan View Post
                        That's the reason they know nothing about the Beast of Daniel. Only our Creator can teach the deeper knowledge that's required to understand all the prophecies written in any language.
                        I am sure He can but that does not mean a thing without the Word of God in the original languages in order to test those claims, your claims. And the fact that you try and avoid them tell me you care more about your personal experiences than the Word of God.
                        Comment>

                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Origen View Post
                          I am sure He can but that does not mean a thing without the Word of God in the original languages in order to test those claims, your claims. And the fact that you try and avoid them tell me you care more about your personal experiences than the Word of God.
                          Only those who have full 100% of the knowledge of God can test the liars by asking them questions they don't have an answer to such as;

                          What is Christ?

                          What is the Holy Spirit.

                          What is the Beast.

                          What is the 1,000 year reign of Christ and why is their two witnesses during that time?

                          Will the Ark of the Covenant be needed in the future?

                          What is the Tree of Life that was hidden by the Flaming Sword and Cherubim?

                          Who is the "woman" in Genesis 3: 15: I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel."

                          What does Jacob and Israel mean in the following prophecy;

                          Isaiah 43
                          1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
                          2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

                          I could ask hundreds of questions that unspiritual men would never understand that answers to them.
                          Comment>

                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GodMan View Post
                            Only those who have full 100% of the knowledge of God can test the liars by asking them questions they don't have an answer to such as
                            Ah, a quiz that proves nothing. Your claim is false and not support by any verse. If you had one you would have provided it.

                            Originally posted by GodMan View Post
                            I could ask hundreds of questions that unspiritual men would never understand that answers to them.
                            Nothing more than delusional nonsense.
                            Last edited by Origen; 10-26-2016, 10:51 AM.
                            Comment>

                            • #15
                              Oh dear me. The case has been solved. GodMan is none other than bornofgod someone who was banned just the other day. He thinks he is a prophet, that God speaks to him, and that everything he says comes by God through him. He loves it so much here he had to come up with a false identity so that he could gives the Word of God that only he knows. What say the forum to this?
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap