The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
KingJamesVersionOnly

King james version bible vs. Modern english bible

A KING JAMES VERSION SERMON:

- Psalm 12:6-7 (KJV)

Notice the word "preserve", meaning God's word is already present in our times.

-

Galatians 1:6-7 (of 1:1-12) (KJV)

Notice "of Christ", meaning sadly there are trying Christians attracted by the overwhelming affection of Christ, only to be misled by a Gospel that is not "of Christ"

Scriptural changes differing in meaning broadly spread through the many so called, "modern English Bible Translations" published since the King James Version Bible (KJV) or its birth in 1611 as the Authorized Version (AV).

Here is our History:

The Authorized Version: Translated from the Textus Receptus and finished in 1611;

Through God's will a breakthrough for the Protestant Reformation,

for Christian believers with beliefs protestant to the Roman Catholic Church; Later revised as the King James Version Bible.

The MOST respected Bible, standing out as a strong spiritual asset.

The one and only true word of God (in the English Language).

The Holy Bible.

Pre 1611 (Old Testament):

Was known to be in the Hebrew Language.

Pre 1611 (New Testament):

Before year 1611, The New Testament was present on earth in the Greek language; in texts known as the Textus Receptus, Yet, not yet translated into the English Language.

.................................................. ...........................................

Pre 1611 English Bible translations (To solve confusion):

These books were not known to be as spiritually profitable, but are very evident that the puritan reformer group in their day were not happy with Catholicism and the Roman Catholic Church, desperate and determined for liberty in faith.

Edited by KingJamesVersionOnly

Before year 1611, The New Testament was present on earth in the Greek language; in texts known as the Textus Receptus, Yet, not yet translated into the English Language.

Have you ever heard of the Geneva Bible? It is older than the King James Bible. When the King James came out many Christians continued to use it, considering the KJV an unreliable modernist translation.

• Like 4

How is the Gospel different in these other English translations compared to the KJV ​​1611?

I really don't see the problem here, there are clearer translations so the Bible can be understood in the English language, it's just silly to read something that barely​​​​recognizable as english. What benefit does it do me read words like "loue" and "belueie" when there's more understandable translations that use "love" and "believe" which mean the same thing?

• Like 2

-

Notice "of Christ", meaning sadly there are trying Christians attracted by the overwhelming affection of Christ, only to be misled by a Gospel that is not "of Christ"

Scriptural changes differing in meaning broadly spread through the many so called, "modern English Bible Translations" published since the King James Version Bible (KJV) or its birth in 1611 as the Authorized Version (AV).

Here is our History:

The King James Version Bible: Translated from the Textus Receptus and finished in 1611; Through God's will a breakthrough for the Protestant Reformation, for Christian believers with beliefs protestant to the Roman Catholic Church.

The Holy Bible.

These books were not known to be as spiritually profitable, but are very evident that the puritan reformer group in their day were not happy with Catholicism and the Roman Catholic Church, desperate and determined for liberty in faith.

I love the King James! I love how the language flows and when one gets to know elizabethan english- it is easy to understand. But the KJV is not inspired as the original autographs in greek/hebrew/ and aramaic are. YOu forget that not only was the bible translated into English oin the early parts of the reformation, but also German and other languages.

While the KJV was the first common language bible to use the Hebrew OT, it is now one of several. I hold the KJV in wide respect for it was the first mass produced common bible- but no English bible is infallible, but are free of doctrinal error if they are written without translator bias.

• Like 2

The earliest manuscript of the Hebrew Old Testament the King James translators had was from the tenth century AD, only 700 years before their own time. Since 1948 the discovery of the Dead Sea scrolls has provided some Old Testament texts written before or slightly after the time of Christ. Additional early manuscripts of the Septuagint have provided another basis for comparison with the accepted text of the Hebrew Bible (the Masoretic text).

For their basic text of the New Testament the King James translators used the Greek text of Erasmus, which was certainly the best text known to them at that time. Erasmus’ text, however, was not a particularly good one. He had only four or five fairly late manuscripts which he could have used, and they dated from the 10th to the 13th centuries. Of course the King James translators did have other resources. They had before them every previous English version, all available foreign versions, as well as ancient Latin and Syriac translations; however, there appears to be some doubt that the translators made use of these, deferring (for the New Testament) for the most part to the text of Erasmus, which as we have seen, was not an especially accurate text.

• Like 2

Have you ever heard of the Geneva Bible? It is older than the King James Bible. When the King James came out many Christians continued to use it, considering the KJV an unreliable modernist translation.

The two elements i feel you need to consider:

- I feel the text was in the Textus Receptus years before the Geneva Bible. In my mind the Geneva is only a Enlgish Bible printed before the KJV in its AV time period.

- The King James Version Bible overall towered 1st as a whole against its competition in fruit and popularity

by the works of God himself

as an English language protestant Bible.

Why would anyone still be concerned by what overall wasnt chosen by God to bring the most fruit in the english language?

There are currently no laws against using the Geneva Bible within my knowledge, Yet, Still the KJV is highly favored.

- 1 Corinthians 2:13 (KJV)

The earliest manuscript of the Hebrew Old Testament the King James translators had was from the tenth century AD, only 700 years before their own time. Since 1948 the discovery of the Dead Sea scrolls has provided some Old Testament texts written before or slightly after the time of Christ. Additional early manuscripts of the Septuagint have provided another basis for comparison with the accepted text of the Hebrew Bible (the Masoretic text).

For their basic text of the New Testament the King James translators used the Greek text of Erasmus, which was certainly the best text known to them at that time. Erasmus’ text, however, was not a particularly good one. He had only four or five fairly late manuscripts which he could have used, and they dated from the 10th to the 13th centuries. Of course the King James translators did have other resources. They had before them every previous English version, all available foreign versions, as well as ancient Latin and Syriac translations; however, there appears to be some doubt that the translators made use of these, deferring (for the New Testament) for the most part to the text of Erasmus, which as we have seen, was not an especially accurate text.

Here is a previous argument I had with someone else, it contains some points about the KJV Bible I wanted you to see:

Your pointing out the KJV revisions in the past, when those revisions were only old English words to newer modern English words that mean the same thing in meaning. Most of Revisions i would absolutely think were v to u , F to s ect. You can sit the 1611 AV King James and set it right next to the 1769 (Modern day Standard text for the King James Version Bible) and look at every inch of this book and never find a single verse that's meaning was changed by revision. Because it is so very easy to physically do so the English Christian culture cannot at at all disagree or find an argument and the whole world but you recognizes that.

Then you turn around and so bravely worship out of a book that has meaning revisions & it is evident in all modern English failed attempts of translation. I am safer Christian.

Have you people never heard the phrase "Better safe than sorry?"

- This is your eternal afterlife you are gambling with, yet chose to roll the dice?

The NASB does a better job in demonstrating the Deity of Christ than the KJV. Two examples are Titus 2:13 and 2 Peter 1:1.

- This is your eternal afterlife you are gambling with, yet chose to roll the dice?

• Proverbs 16:33 ESV The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord.

Personally, I purchase study bibles, and my reason for rejecting the KJV was because it used Scofield. :RpS_scared:

God bless,

William

• Like 2

This is your eternal afterlife you are gambling with, yet chose to roll the dice?

How many rolls do I get?

• Like 2

• Proverbs 16:33 ESV The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord.

Personally, I purchase study bibles, and my reason for rejecting the KJV was because it used Scofield. :RpS_scared:

God bless,

William

William if the Scofield Bible was good enough for Paul, then it ought to be ok for you. Don't you think?

• Like 2

Here is a previous argument I had with someone else, it contains some points about the KJV Bible I wanted you to see:

Your pointing out the KJV revisions in the past, when those revisions were only old English words to newer modern English words that mean the same thing in meaning. Most of Revisions i would absolutely think were v to u , F to s ect. You can sit the 1611 AV King James and set it right next to the 1769 (Modern day Standard text for the King James Version Bible) and look at every inch of this book and never find a single verse that's meaning was changed by revision. Because it is so very easy to physically do so the English Christian culture cannot at at all disagree or find an argument and the whole world but you recognizes that.

Then you turn around and so bravely worship out of a book that has meaning revisions & it is evident in all modern English failed attempts of translation. I am safer Christian.

Have you people never heard the phrase "Better safe than sorry?"

KJV only; Have you ever heard of Dr. James White? If ever there was a person who could enlighten you to the truth it would be him. Are you open to listening to him?

-

Here is our History:

The King James Version Bible: Translated from the Textus Receptus and finished in 1611; Through God's will a breakthrough for the Protestant Reformation, for Christian believers with beliefs protestant to the Roman Catholic Church.

The Holy Bible.

KJV only. Why would you make your first post about this? Most people joining this forum introduce them self and say something kind. But you have just jumped right in with a topic you must have known would bring some action. So I am asking what is your point in being here? Are you attempting to convince a number Seminary graduates that they don't know as much as you a person of perhaps 24 years old knows more? Perhaps a kinder more respectful start would be better. Why not take a re-start and show some brotherly love?

Edited by Just Mike
more information added

God bless,

William

Scofield study bibles have altered texts in the book of Revelation , to solidify Scofield's personal perverse doctrines.

I definitely encourage Holman KJV, I don't use study Bibles because I feel that it should be left open for God to reveal.

His way, not Scofield's or any other study Bible.

God bless,

William

Scofield study bibles have altered texts in the book of Revelation , to solidify Scofield's personal perverse doctrines.

I definitely encourage Holman KJV, I don't use study Bibles because I feel that it should be left open for God to reveal.

So study Bibles are no good? Where did you get all this teaching? How do you know who ever taught you this isn't wrong? I am deeply concerned that you have been deceived.

• Like 2

KJV only. Why would you make your first post about this? Most people joining this forum introduce them self and say something kind. But you have just jumped right in with a topic you must have known would bring some action. So I am asking what is your point in being here? Are you attempting to convince a number Seminary graduates that they don't know as much as you a person of perhaps 24 years old knows more? Perhaps a kinder more respectful start would be better. Why not take a re-start and show some brotherly love?

Brotherly is used to signify that we are Brothers in Christ in the Christian culture; also in the Christian Culture there are other things to look at:

1. Admitting your wrong, and putting Christ over any amount of money spent on seminary, after all money is only a worldly matter that in the end means truly nothing.

- 1 Timothy 6:10

- Proverbs 11:4

2. The fathers calling in providing the Bible way to heaven, starting with the base of my faith; The King James Version Bible as key.

as instructed to me at age 10-12?

And yes, I am 23.

God bless,

William

You don't believe God uses ordinary means (teachers) to educate others?

• Like 1

Brotherly is used to signify that we are Brothers in Christ in the Christian culture; also in the Christian Culture there are other things to look at:

1. Admitting your wrong, and putting Christ over any amount of money spent on seminary, after all money is only a worldly matter that in the end means truly nothing.

- 1 Timothy 6:10

- Proverbs 11:4

2. The fathers calling in providing the Bible way to heaven, starting with the base of my faith; The King James Version Bible as key.

as instructed to me at age 10-12?

And yes, I am 23.

So the basis of your faith is an English only translation of Scripture? I imagine John 5:39-40 would of been quite hilarious in Jesus day, only if, You search the KJV because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.

I care enough for you, especially you being 23 years young, to share with you something very important. We Worship the Lord God Almighty and His only Son Jesus Christ. Worshiping the Bible is called Bibleidolatry. The Bible is Gods Word to us. The King James Bible is not the most reliable, accurate Bible. I am sure you won't agree, but its out of deep concern for you that I am spending the time to share this with you. The New American Standard Bible and the English Standard Bible are far more accurate in so many ways.

My hope is something will stir within you for you to go and look for yourself. Fear young man someone has been so indoctrinated then selves that they don't know any better and taught you the same false information. The KJV is a good Bible, but there are much better, more accurate bibles today. The last revision of the KJV was in 1789, it was good back then, but God has allowed so much better Bibles today.

You surly don't use a horse and buggy now do you? Why insist a Bible from over 200 years ago is the best? It no longer is. I wish you the best and hopefully God will direct you to be wise.

• Like 2

I care enough for you, especially you being 23 years young, to share with you something very important. We Worship the Lord God Almighty and His only Son Jesus Christ. Worshiping the Bible is called Bibleidolatry. The Bible is Gods Word to us. The King James Bible is not the most reliable, accurate Bible. I am sure you won't agree, but its out of deep concern for you that I am spending the time to share this with you. The New American Standard Bible and the English Standard Bible are far more accurate in so many ways.

My hope is something will stir within you for you to go and look for yourself. Fear young man someone has been so indoctrinated then selves that they don't know any better and taught you the same false information. The KJV is a good Bible, but there are much better, more accurate bibles today. The last revision of the KJV was in 1789, it was good back then, but God has allowed so much better Bibles today.

You surly don't use a horse and buggy now do you? Why insist a Bible from over 200 years ago is the best? It no longer is. I wish you the best and hopefully God will direct you to be wise.

Not all Bibles are ok to use, here is scripture:

- Galatians 1:6-7 (of Galatians 1:1-12) (KJV)

- 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 (KJV)

It is very easy for you to read and understand, and it doesn't get clearer.

• Like 1

I kind of like the KJV, but that is what I grew up with. Learning, memorizing it's all familiar ground to me. Nevertheless (pun intended) my online Bible has 6 versions (8 - with KJV & ESV Strong's numbers). You will still find me posting mostly KJV, but I don't insist on it. :RpS_thumbup:

c3d0f6f32dabf270264dd011ffd613e9.jpg

• Like 1

I feel like the King James Version Bible is a flawless and 100% whole and perfect translation of God. By God's Decision, Shown in proof by God's work and will , in efforts for it to be chosen to lead the English speaking people to God's absolutely pure and perfect word.

I kind of like the KJV, but that is what I grew up with. Learning, memorizing it's all familiar ground to me. Nevertheless (pun intended) my online Bible has 6 versions (8 - with KJV & ESV Strong's numbers). You will still find me posting mostly KJV, but I don't insist on it. :RpS_thumbup:

I have hopes that you change your mind, to intend to in the future only use / teach out of the King James Version Bible.

Please make sure you read my sermon with full understanding.

I only wish the very best.

I don't mind it either. Now-a-days I enjoy Esword because I can parallel my favorite translations. Why settle for just one? https://www.christforums.org/forum/christian-community/bible-study/bible-translations/5263-esword

• Like 1

Here's what I use:

2099410307_KJVESVGENEVA.thumb.jpg.b6cab5a70402c20a61bd49b20a0954b2.jpg

And here's the "Compare view":

487671289_Compareview.thumb.jpg.b4658eac4ae1f765c9c27eaf00ebca5d.jpg

• Like 1