The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
Christforums

Adam Rippon, Openly Gay US Figure Skater, Takes Issue with Pence

Team USA figure skater Adam Rippon seems to have brought some extra baggage to his Olympic debut in South Korea — a feud with Vice President Mike Pence.

More...

Homosexuality is now acceptable and widely approved of not only in the US buy in many places in the World. We know how God feels about this in Romans chapter 1. Watching the Olympics last night there was the a young man with a very odd hairdo, make up eye shadow, lip stick, a large necklace, and a woman's styled sparkling jacket. To watch this guy looking more female than male and the news channel allowing him to talk about the Olympics was one example of just how deep our nation has slipped into approving od the sin of homosexuality.

Watching this made me mad and deeply saddened.

• Like 1

The Olympics are full of morally bankrupt characters, along with the rest of the sports industry. Thats not even mentioning the pagan roots of the Olympics, which was a ritual of giving energy to an idol, and the open ceremony is almost the exact same ritual.

• Like 1

The Olympics has been the highest a person can go in the world of any kind of sports. The heighth of excellence. I was watching a little of the figure skating. LOTS of talent / hard work / beautiful to watch. I'm thinking that one of the skaters I watched Was that guy -- he was skating to a Very fast piece of music. He's good or he wouldn't have made it To the Olympics. Whatever 'baggage' a participant brings with him is his problem. And, of course, he wouldn't like VP Pence.

There Are groups that can help 'gay' people break loose from that life-style. Lots have been helped a great deal and others - not so much. A lot depends on the why's and wherefore's Of their sexual preference.

I'm thinking that he'd said that he's been 'that way' since he was a small boy. Now Maybe he's one who's never felt comfortable in his 'own skin', but I don't know how a small child would be aware Of his 'own skin'. Also -- said he was raised by a single mother with lots of siblings.

I'm getting off subject a bit.

But openly gay/ lesbian people are going to take issue with Anyone who's taking a stand for Biblical morality and that no one is actually born that way. But God has still given us guidelines for sexual activity -- and His marriage is to be between only one man and one woman. No one is to be interacting that way with Anyone outside of marriage. So gay people shouldn't feel God is picking on them. I mean, just because He says that That activity is an abomination to Him.

• Like 2

The Olympics are full of morally bankrupt characters, along with the rest of the sports industry. Thats not even mentioning the pagan roots of the Olympics, which was a ritual of giving energy to an idol, and the open ceremony is almost the exact same ritual.

Football being our nations religion.

Absolutely, it's idol worship.

The Olympics is Not a Christian organization. It's international -- the best of the best in any kind of sports. Their morality or lack thereof is Not taken into account. Why Should it be. The only thing that potentially disqualifies people is 'doping' -- using steroids and such to enhance their ability. There Are high school athletic organizations -- FCA -- Fellowship of Christian Athletes -- that Might be able to go International in scope, but then again, people would have to agree on what constitutes a 'Christian'.

Anything can become an 'idol' in a person's life.

I was told -- Didn't watch it -- that the Super Bowl winning team -- the coach and one of the players were Christians. Apparently they were praising God for their winning. Not sarcastically but Seriously.

Sue D. I have hear somting about that, but it doesn't mean that much to me if they just thank God, do they live for God is what I'd like to know. And what God are they thanking? Or do they really mean it?

I don't judge a Christian based on if they watch football or not, but I dont see much good about it. Half of the players are felons, they put young women in skimpy outfits and have them dance around, the game is played at the expense of the players health, the game teaches it's players to be arrgesive and like I mentioned, its a big gateway into idol worship.

Football is even worse when played in schools, they have the kids letfing waits on a daily routine, which isn't healthy for their bones. They stop focusing on leaning and focus on winning the next game, they don't care if the kids have good grades.

• Like 1

The Olympic Doctor that molested over 200 young girls and ladies is but one example of how perverted those who rum the US Gymnastic team is. Those leaders ignored the plea for help by those females for decades, this is pure wickedness. My wife has said that there are outfits those girls could ware that did not expose the outline of their privates, and as it is now it exposes too much.

Back in the time of the Olympics when Jews wanted to compete (as men were naked) the Jews did everything imaginable to hid their circumcision, so they could enter the Olympics. The Olympics host has to spend millions to billions of dollars to make the facilities required for the different events. Sometimes the cost is taken out of funds that would otherwise go for helping the poor and disadvantaged. Its almost as much a religion as football is in the U S.

Just for information's sake the Super Football Game skelper tickets were selling for over $5,500.00 for one ticket! Now tell me that football is not a very richmans game and a true religion.

Edited by Just Mike
additional information
  • Like 1

The Olympic Doctor that molested over 200 young girls and ladies is but one example of how perverted those who rum the US Gymnastic team is. Those leaders ignored the plea for help by those females for decades, this is pure wickedness. My wife has said that there are outfits those girls could ware that did not expose the outline of their privates, and as it is now it exposes too much.

Back in the time of the Olympics when Jews wanted to compete (as men were naked) the Jews did everything imaginable to hid their circumcision, so they could enter the Olympics. The Olympics host has to spend millions to billions of dollars to make the facilities required for the different events. Sometimes the cost is taken out of funds that would otherwise go for helping the poor and disadvantaged. Its almost as much a religion as football is in the U S.

Just for information's sake the Super Football Game skelper tickets were selling for over $5,500.00 for one ticket! Now tell me that football is not a very richmans game and a true religion.

I did hear about that mess with the Olympic Dr. who molested those young girls. And, yes, I've noticed that the figure-skating outfits are fairly skimpy. I assumed it was because in their fast movements the less fabric in the wind the better. When going that fast on the ice and moving around that quickly -- body heat is a factor. My husband was commenting that in swimming -- what a person is wearing in the water can drag a person down. I'm assuming that in gymnastics, for the sake of fast movement the same would apply. Practically skin tight would be more productive for speed / accuracy in what they were trying to do.

And, sure, football is a rich mans' game. The same could be said of tennis. The shoes, balls, rackets, where a person plays -- park compared to a country club.

There's also more info coming out about head injuries associated with football. That kids should only play tag football. Way too much money involved in players salaries. BUT considering the dangers of the head injuries and other injuries / wear and tear on the bodies' -- apparently 'they' feel that the players are worth a lot of money.

And,yes, Tons of money goes into preparing for the Olympics -- where ever they are held every year. And , yes, we Would like to re-appropriate some of that money to help the poor people.

• Like 1

Can you get a small hint that I am not much of a football fan? I literally hate that churches have the Super Football game on big screen tv's in the Church worship area. That just makes me sick!

• Like 1

Can you get a small hint that I am not much of a football fan? I literally hate that churches have the Super Football game on big screen tv's in the Church worship area. That just makes me sick!

My TV doesn't watch football, either. One of the churches we went to years ago had regular church in the auditorium AND had a TV set up in the fellowship hall for those who wanted to watch the Super Bowl. The thought was that they at least gave church some thought. Chances are their wives were in the auditorium and the guys were fellow shipping while watching the game.

• Like 1

Some churches I read about now allow beer in the worship service. Can you believe that!

• Like 1

Some churches I read about now allow beer in the worship service. Can you believe that!

Maybe the thought is that 'everyone is welcome what ever they're doing'. Instead of church people needing to go into the bar to witness -- the 'bar' is coming to Church.

The want to bring in some of their own, the worldly.

Whatever their thought was, it was foolishness. The purpose of the church is to teach truth leading to eternal life and worship God, it's a huge disrespect to have beer in church.

And who would take anything seriously from a church who treats worship and teaching so casually? Not that they would have anything to really benefit anyone.

Maybe you don't actually agree with it and you were just guessing their intentions. But it's not a church, it's an outrageous joke.

I've noticed that the figure-skating outfits are fairly skimpy. I assumed it was because in their fast movements the less fabric in the wind the better. When going that fast on the ice and moving around that quickly -- body heat is a factor.

I doubt if that is the reason because it is only the women who wear skimpy outfits. Men who figure skate usually cover their bodies completely.

• Like 1

I was relating to 'justme's comment of 'some' churches. -- like "good grief". Some churches do a Lot of non-Biblical things Probably because they aren't churches in the same respect that We think of a church Being.

• Like 1

I've noticed that the figure-skating outfits are fairly skimpy. I assumed it was because in their fast movements the less fabric in the wind the better. When going that fast on the ice and moving around that quickly -- body heat is a factor.

I doubt if that is the reason because it is only the women who wear skimpy outfits. Men who figure skate usually cover their bodies completely.

Figure skating is a sport that is beautiful to watch and it isn't on TV very much. I guess we're used to seeing men in slacks and maybe there is a sort of dress code that is adhered to. Never really given any thought To the why's and wherefore's of their skating costumes. Maybe I'll 'Google' that and see what I find. And maybe it's just that women have figures and men don't.

You really don't think that Christians drink beer? Lots of people have beer with pizza. We aren't to get intoxicated when we drink. We are to be filled with the Holy Spirit if we're allowing ourselves to be filled with 'something'.

I was both a roller and ice skater. I mostly did dance skating, my older brother was the figure skater. We found a common bond in skating. In both kinds of skating, the females always wore tights. It comes from custom when competing one had to wear dress clothes. Dress clothes were some kind of skirt for women, at one time. The tights allowed a skirt to be worn over the tights. Eventually, the skirts became optional. The tights were a lot more conservative in the '50's and early 60's. During the mid 60's we were introduced to European style tights, that were more skimpy. The same trend we see in bathing suits. Freedom of movement is why many parents allowed the tights: they looked at them like bathing suits. I hope this helps you to understand. European influence is apparent in gymnastics. I am a former gymnast also.

30.gif.f5148f1005e44d879d08d3a70d1c375c.gif

I was both a roller and ice skater. I mostly did dance skating, my older brother was the figure skater. We found a common bond in skating. In both kinds of skating, the females always wore tights. It comes from custom when competing one had to wear dress clothes. Dress clothes were some kind of skirt for women, at one time. The tights allowed a skirt to be worn over the tights. Eventually, the skirts became optional. The tights were a lot more conservative in the '50's and early 60's. During the mid 60's we were introduced to European style tights, that were more skimpy. The same trend we see in bathing suits. Freedom of movement is why many parents allowed the tights: they looked at them like bathing suits. I hope this helps you to understand. European influence is apparent in gymnastics. I am a former gymnast also.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"30.gif","data-attachmentid":63699}[/ATTACH]

Hey -- that's Neat. You've 'been there / done that'. Thanks for sharing. I Was going to include an emoticon -- but they won't 'print' in this comment section. :)

• Like 1