The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
Faber

What are the passages in the Bible that demonstrate the unborn baby is a person?

Genesis 16:11

The angel of the LORD said to her further,

Behold, you are with child,

And you will bear a son;

And you shall call his name Ishmael,

Because the LORD has given heed to your affliction. (NASB)

Genesis 19:36

Thus both the daughters of Lot were with child by their father. (NASB)

Genesis 25:22

But the children struggled together within her; and she said, “If it is so, why then am I this way?” So she went to inquire of the LORD. (NASB)

Genesis 38:24-25

(24) Now it was about three months later that Judah was informed, “Your daughter-in-law Tamar has played the harlot, and behold, she is also with child by harlotry.” Then Judah said, “Bring her out and let her be burned!”

(25) It was while she was being brought out that she sent to her father-in-law, saying, “I am with child by the man to whom these things belong.” And she said, “Please examine and see, whose signet ring and cords and staff are these?” (NASB)

Exodus 21:22

(22) If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely, yet there is no injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband may demand of him, and he shall pay as the judges decide. (NASB)

Judges 13:5-7

(5) “For behold, you shall conceive and give birth to a son, and no razor shall come upon his head, for the boy shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb; and he shall begin to deliver Israel from the hands of the Philistines.”

(6) Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, “A man of God came to me and his appearance was like the appearance of the angel of God, very awesome. And I did not ask him where he came from, nor did he tell me his name.

(7) But he said to me, ‘Behold, you shall conceive and give birth to a son, and now you shall not drink wine or strong drink nor eat any unclean thing, for the boy shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb to the day of his death. (NASB)

Judges 16:7

So he told her all that was in his heart and said to her, “A razor has never come on my head, for I have been a Nazirite to God from my mother's womb. If I am shaved, then my strength will leave me and I will become weak and be like any other man.” (NASB)

2 Kings 8:12

Hazael said, “Why does my lord weep?” Then he answered, “Because I know the evil that you will do to the sons of Israel: their strongholds you will set on fire, and their young men you will kill with the sword, and their little ones you will dash in pieces, and their women with child you will rip up.” (NASB)

2 Kings 15:16

Then Menahem struck Tiphsah and all who were in it and its borders from Tirzah, because they did not open to him; therefore he struck it and ripped up all its women who were with child. (NASB)

Psalm 22:10

Upon You I was cast from birth;

You have been my God from my mother's womb. (NASB)

Isaiah 7:14

Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel. (NASB)

Jeremiah 20:17

Because he did not kill me before birth,

So that my mother would have been my grave,

And her womb ever pregnant. (NASB)

Jeremiah 31:8

Behold, I am bringing them from the north country,

And I will gather them from the remote parts of the earth,

Among them the blind and the lame,

The woman with child and she who is in labor with child, together;

A great company, they will return here. (NASB)

Hosea 12:3

In the womb he took his brother by the heel,

And in his maturity he contended with God. (NASB)

Matthew 1:18

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit. (NASB)

Matthew 1:23

“BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL,” which translated means, “GOD WITH US.” (NASB)

Luke 1:15

For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother's womb. (NASB)

Luke 1:41

When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. (NASB)

Luke 1:44

For behold, when the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby leaped in my womb for joy. (NASB)

Luke 2:4-6

(4) Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the city of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and family of David,

(5) in order to register along with Mary, who was engaged to him, and was with child.

(6) While they were there, the days were completed for her to give birth. (NASB)

1 Thessalonians 5:3

While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. (NASB)

Any others?

Edited by Faber
  • Like 2

In Exodus 22:22-24 the penalty for harming or killing an unborn child is more severe than that of harming and killing an adult by accident, let alone murder.

• Like 2

I think you meant Exodus 21.

Thanks though because I added a few more in the OP.

• Like 2