The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
Andy1947

Building a Website for my church

I’m new here and looking forward to getting to know all of you. I am building a website for my church and would like to know what you think and how I can improve it. http://www.solidrock-baptist-church.com May God bless you all!

Hi Andy and welcome to Christforums!

I miss South Carolina's Myrtle Beach! I was stationed in Sumter's Shaw Air Force Base South Carolina for a time and used to go to Myrtle Beach for a weekend. Beautiful area you live in.

As far as the CMS goes the look (contrast) and feel (navigation) is very nice. You may want to try using a tool like this if you are wanting to evaluate the code, social footprint, etc: http://nibbler.silktide.com/en_US

God bless,

William

Looks pretty clean. One thing I would throw out there is to possibly include a section that has some brief bios on the leadership of your church, including pictures. That way if people end up attending on a given Sunday they know who to approach to ask questions.

I f you are planning to make a blog then Wordpress is the best option for this. You also should target the relevant audience by the proper use of keywords and meta tags. It is better to write the posts that people are interested in. Your intention should be to help out the people about their social and religious problem so they come again to visit your website. God Bless you.

It looks really great. The design is clean and navigation is easy to use. All in all, it's very well put together. I do agree that if you're creating a blog then Wordpress is the way to go. It's super-easy to use and the plugins will help make the work lighter - from scheduling your posts to making sure that your SEO is up to speed.