The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
Winken

Aging Christian

Love our Lord..... He loves me. Yea!

• Like 2

G'evening and welcome Winken!

God bless,

William

• Like 2

My prayer is to always be led by the Holy Spirit, never my own mind-will-emotions. Thanks for the welcomes.

• Like 2

@Winken Hello and welcome to Christ forums. This is a wonderful community with warm people. Hope you enjoy your time here. See you around. :)
  • Like 1

I'm jealous of young pastors. I always wanted to be a pastor, but I went into nursing instead. Now I'm too old to go through the training, and I lament it.

• Like 1

I'm jealous of young pastors. I always wanted to be a pastor, but I went into nursing instead. Now I'm too old to go through the training, and I lament it.

How old Are you? Your bio info simply says 'male'.

I can appreciate your regretting not being able to get training any more -- I'm about a decade Older than you. A bit More than that, actually.

But even as aging Christians -- God isn't done with us yet or we wouldn't be here. And when you think of those in their 70's and 80's and even 90's -- we're still somewhat Young. My mother passed only 6 months ago -- at age 98.

So -- all of us 'aging Christians' there's still a place for us. :)

Your bio info says you're not decided as to a denomination. It helps a lot when a person / believer / is in a Bible-teaching church and can be actively involved in some church ministry. Being a church Greeter or something. Every believer has a spiritual gift to use in a church setting.

• Like 2

Now I'm too old to go through the training, and I lament it.

If God wants you to be a pastor he will find a way for you to get the training you need regardless of how old you are. Moses was 80 years old when God called him to lead the Israelites out of Egypt.

I can appreciate your regretting not being able to get training any more -- I'm about a decade Older than you. A bit More than that, actually.

But even as aging Christians -- God isn't done with us yet or we wouldn't be here. And when you think of those in their 70's and 80's and even 90's -- we're still somewhat Young. My mother passed only 6 months ago -- at age 98.

So -- all of us 'aging Christians' there's still a place for us. :)

Apparently I'd missed the part in your post that you'd wanted to be a pastor those years ago. Went into medicine instead.

What denomination would you have been a pastor in? But, as 'theo..' said -- you're not too old to get more education. That might depend, though, on your present set of circumstances. And there are various types Of ministry available these days.

For some reason the Quote feature isn't cooperating for me -- I was Trying to respond to # 9

@mrtsail -- you'd wanted to go into the pastorate but went into medicine instead. What kept you from the pastorate back then? What denomination would you have been pastoring in? Your bio info says you're undecided as far as denominational belief is concerned. When a person isn't sure about their beliefs, it would be hard to get pastoral training.

Winken started the thread subject --- but I was referring to 'mrtsail' with my comment.