The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
anupamas2

Prayer for confessing our sins

I have subscribed to a site - Heartlite - Today's Verse. In today's message, there was a prayer for confessing our sins. I liked it very much and wanted to share it with you all:

"Father, I do confess to you my sins! Please forgive me for... (please verbalize to God specifically your sins) Thank you for letting me be honest with you and share with you my frustration and my sorrow for them. Please liberate me from their power in my life and give me the confidence that you have not only forgiven them, but that you have made me pure and holy. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen."

Prayer is our talking to God. Personally, I don't like the concept of praying a particular prayer for salvation.

The Gospel unto salvation -- that Jesus Christ is the Son of God -- that He died for our sins , was buried and rose again on the 3rd day. All of this is according to Scripture. There is belief in your heart and confession with your mouth -- the Lord Jesus. That it's Christ and Him alone.

Salvation is our becoming a son / daughter of God made possible through Jesus Christ. He already knows our heart -- but He wants a personal relationship with us. And, yes, we talk to Him from our heart.

@anupama thank you very much for sharing this prayer.

In my opinion, you should always verbalize your prayer. Confessing your sin while praying means you accept that you have committed wrongs. When you are praying for confessing your sin, you should always say it low. If you can verbalize your sin you can actually realize what wrongs you have done. Once you understand your sin, you can stop yourself from doing wrongs further.

If we Could stop ourselves from doing further wrong things -- then wouldn't it be a good work on our part? Would Jesus Christ have needed to die in our place?

• Like 1

If we Could stop ourselves from doing further wrong things -- then wouldn't it be a good work on our part? Would Jesus Christ have needed to die in our place?

If he didn't die, how could we be forgiven for all sins prior to cessation from sinning? What do you believe being born again represents? Saying "I will always sin" is not true humility, it is a pledge to worldly mediocrity and Satan himself. True humility is to give up your pride, the root of all sin and sinful desires, and go and sin no more. None may be as good as Christ because he did not sin once, but one can certainly abstain from sinning, all things are made possible through God.

No one - on this earth - will cease sinning. And we're not talking about 'true humility'. A person who says "true humility is to give up your pride' is probably going to be guilty of the pride of feeling humble. And, No, while on this earth --- no one is going to attain sinless perfection. God sees us through the blood of Jesus Christ -- justification -- "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

You're saying that since pride is the root of all evil -- just become a humble person and you've 'got it made'. Humility does not come naturally to most of us -- so it would be a 'work' on our part.

If salvation resulted in no more sinning on the part of the believer -- then our churches are full of unsaved people -- this world is still full of unsaved people.

• Like 2

No one - on this earth - will cease sinning. And we're not talking about 'true humility'. A person who says "true humility is to give up your pride' is probably going to be guilty of the pride of feeling humble. And, No, while on this earth --- no one is going to attain sinless perfection. God sees us through the blood of Jesus Christ -- justification -- "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

You're saying that since pride is the root of all evil -- just become a humble person and you've 'got it made'. Humility does not come naturally to most of us -- so it would be a 'work' on our part.

If salvation resulted in no more sinning on the part of the believer -- then our churches are full of unsaved people -- this world is still full of unsaved people.

Salvation is granted at death. You do not read and understand what I am saying, there is nothing more to be said from what has been said already. If you cannot understand what I say of humility then you tread murky waters.

The churches are full of unsaved people; this is no truth to be marveled at. Every first day of the week a congregation gathers and most with one consent begin to make excuse, praying that God will have them excused. None of them whom were called to the body of Christ and do so will enter into the kingdom.

Please hear what I tell you Sue.

Salvation is granted at death.

Salvation is granted when you repent of your sins and put your faith in Christ. Then begins the process by which God makes us as sinless as he has declared that we are. This process will never be complete while we are in the flesh but at least it will be begun and God always finishes what he starts to do.

• Like 2

Salvation is granted at death. You do not read and understand what I am saying, there is nothing more to be said from what has been said already. If you cannot understand what I say of humility then you tread murky waters.

The churches are full of unsaved people; this is no truth to be marveled at. Every first day of the week a congregation gathers and most with one consent begin to make excuse, praying that God will have them excused. None of them whom were called to the body of Christ and do so will enter into the kingdom.

Please hear what I tell you Sue.

Your bio information says that you are non-denominational. Where do you get your theological beliefs From?

• Like 1

From my grandfather who is a prophet, my KJV bible with Strong's Concordance, the Father, and the Holy Spirit which gives me great understanding. @Sue D.

Matthew 24:13-15 KJV

Thanks for sharing a good prayer for confession. You left a spiritual message for all of us. It makes a person strong to accept the mistakes that he made. In this way, he will understand his mistakes and he will be ashamed to do it again. It is the best way to stay away from sins. It keeps your heart faithful.

From my grandfather who is a prophet, my KJV bible with Strong's Concordance, the Father, and the Holy Spirit which gives me great understanding. @Sue D.

Matthew 24:13-15 KJV

Your grandfather being a prophet is based on what?

A possible misapplication of a passage ?????

A possible misapplication of a passage ?????

I'm referring to the Matthew 24 passage you included.

I'm referring to the Matthew 24 passage you included.

No the passage was placed for salvation.

My grandfather is a prophet based on his and many other's claims, and his life most certainly reflects the life of one.

My grandfather is a prophet based on his and many other's claims, and his life most certainly reflects the life of one.

He may have been a prophet but was he a prophet of God? Did you ever check what he taught to find out if it agreed with the Bible?

• Like 1

No the passage was placed for salvation.

Would you expound on the claims of your grandfather and many others who would say he's a prophet?

• Like 2