The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
zeland

A question about Revelation 22:18-19

In Revelation 22:18-19, we read the following precept: “For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.” Can someone show me the scriptural passage that exempts Martin Luther from the above injunction?

Hi Zeland, I don't believe Martin Luther is exempt from God's warning in v18-19 (why would he be?). Your OP question seems to imply that he added to and/or subtracted from the words of St. John in Revelation. If he did, I wasn't aware of it, so please tell me/us where these additions and/or subtractions can be found?

Thanks!

--David

• Like 2

Can someone show me the scriptural passage that exempts Martin Luther from the above injunction?

Of course he isn't exempt, but there is no evidence he ever added to or took away anything from the Bible. The only thing he did with the Bible was translate it into German so the common people would be able to read and understand it.

• Like 3

Of course he isn't exempt, but there is no evidence he ever added to or took away anything from the Bible. The only thing he did with the Bible was translate it into German so the common people would be able to read and understand it.

Yup, Luther didn't even commentate on Revelation. I read that Luther considered Revelation too "cryptic".

If that's Zelands argument, Theo, then Tyndale would of been a better target to such an objection.

God bless,

William

• Like 2