The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
William

We're Moving! Site Down Expected

We are transferring domains and migrating to our very own dedicated server with another hosting company. During which time the site may be down. I'm hoping that the transition will not be noticed, but worst scenario it could be down for a day from now until next Thursday.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Looks like it went smoothly. Had some downtime on Code Shrek earlier myself from switching PHP versions and upgrading to vbulletin 5. William let me know on vbulletins website if you have an issue resetting your password. Sites back up now.

And sultantheme is making a new set of styles so possibly we'll change styles again but no more major changes for a good while. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I'll pop up from time to time and post on your site. Just been taking it easy. Good luck with Christ Forums!

Looks like it went smoothly.

We're still on the old Cloud server at the moment. Doesn't look like the domain transfers will happen until at least Thursday. While the domains are due to transfer I cannot point them to the new server. No changes are allowed during the transfer process.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

I love the new host as well. My site is faster, and a lot less headaches with staying current with php and mysql. Plus they have LetsEncrypt configured already! Glenn proved right in my opinion.

All the best!

• Like 1

I love the new host as well. My site is faster, and a lot less headaches with staying current with php and mysql. Plus they have LetsEncrypt configured already! Glenn proved right in my opinion.

All the best!

The current Cloud server here on Siteground won't run on PHP 7.1+ without a 500 error. The new site is already up and running on it. Once the domain transfer happens I'll update the database. Glenn is going to install Sphinx search on the new server. We should see definite performance related improvements!

God bless,

William

• Like 1

We are now on the new server. If you are seeing a Security Warning please be patient as we work out installing the new SSL Certificate.

God bless,

William

I was wondering what was happening. Glad things are working more smoothly.

• Like 1

We are transferring domains and migrating to our very own dedicated server with another hosting company. During which time the site may be down. I'm hoping that the transition will not be noticed, but worst scenario it could be down for a day from now until next Thursday.

God bless,

William

a

When just (8:40) refreshing a page i had open in Firefox, I was blocked with "The owner of http://www.christforums.org has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website." Peer’s Certificate issuer is not recognized.

If you want the Certificate chain i have it, meanwhile i added a security exception so that I could access this.

• Like 1

Thanks for reporting this though I was aware of it.

The exception is fine. We're running into an issue with the SSL. I purchased it from our new host but all they gave me was a voucher number and a one click installation. The one click installation is not working, and they did not give me the certificate information in order to manually input the certificate myself.

I put the old certificate up and it is working fine, however the host keeps blanking out the certificate trying to fix the one click installer. I just wrote them and suggested a refund is acceptable to me because the old certificate doesn't expire until October. Perhaps by then they'll figure it out lol.

God bless,

William

Yes, I couldn't resist installing the old certificate while they work on it. I have a feeling they're going to tell me to stop lol.

God bless,

William

I get a 3 second page load, really quick!

Great to know! We're not even using Cloudflare yet. The old Cloud Sever with Cloudflare was seeing 5-7 seconds on a good day. Much improvement already.

Thanks for reporting it!

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Thanks for reporting this though I was aware of it.

The exception is fine. We're running into an issue with the SSL. I purchased it from our new host but all they gave me was a voucher number and a one click installation. The one click installation is not working, and they did not give me the certificate information in order to manually input the certificate myself.

I put the old certificate up and it is working fine, however the host keeps blanking out the certificate trying to fix the one click installer. I just wrote them and suggested a refund is acceptable to me because the old certificate doesn't expire until October. Perhaps by then they'll figure it out lol.

God bless,

William

Thanks for your hard work. I am impressed with this forum in more ways than one, thank God. And I like the dark theme you offer that i choose. Easier on the eyes.

• Like 3

We're now using Cloudflare CDN.

Here's what our times look like on avg across the globe:

CDN.thumb.jpg.a852007dbb85e220e6ba0a0315c749df.jpg

God bless,

William

Where is TN?

I believe it is located in the eastern part of the United states right next to Kentucky.

• Like 2

I believe it is located in the eastern part of the United states right next to Kentucky.
Very funny! It was. lol

Everything's faster in Minnesootah. Its too ccccold not to move quickly!

• Like 2