The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
ChatterBox

Conservative churchs grow faster?

Just had an article in my inbox indicating the conservative churchs grow faster than liberal ones. I followed up on google and found several similar pieces over the last five years. Here's one from the Christian Post in 2016.

I'm not entirely surprised, as more strict churches are likely to adhere to the Bible and teachings and give more strict guidelines for their members to follow. Rules do tend to help a congregation hold together, while one trying to please everyone will fragment - after all, as some people reason, if you can break one rule why not break others? Have you noticed this in your area at all?

Edited by ChatterBox
edited because I can't spell.

I saw that story too. People aren't a stupid as the media wants us to believe. As I have said elsewhere, if you are reading the Bible for yourself, you get a feel for who is teaching the Word and who is teaching something else. It absolutely delighted me to read that liberal churches are actually shrinking!

Here is what I see having visited a lot of churches the last year. The pcusa is very liberal and in our old town where we use to live local congregations are voting to leave and go to more conservative ones like one I know of they went to the EPC. Then in the ELCA also liberal local churches here are leaving for a more conservative group.