The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
wfredeemed009

A stranger

After going to the store yesterday, paying only attention to myself and my new headphones, I was strolling along the highway and saw something that would grab even the most absorbed person's attention. I took off my sunglasses and my stroll changed to a concerned step. There was a woman pulled over, hanging limp out of the door of her car. I approached her and asked if she were okay. She weakly said trying to assure me that she was fine " I am a cancer survivor and am going through another round of chemo. I am just nauseous and this is the third time I've pulled over today." I asked her if there was anything I could do, but she said no and insisted she was fine. I told her I have loved ones who have gone through chemo as well and I would pray for her. I was going to grab her a water at a gas station nearby, but I knew by the time I got it she would be gone.

I hate feeling helpless when others are faced with great pain. However, I know our cries do not fall upon deaf ears; please lift up this brave, young woman in prayer not just to have relief from her pain, but peace in the midst of it through Christ. Thanks and God Bless.

• Like 1

My wife works in an oncology office and I had problems at first dealing with the horror stories. I'm sad in a way to say I have been desensitized to most of these stories.

God bless,

William