The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
SovereignGrace

Howdy from West Virginia

Hello all. I am a 5 point Calvinist that is a member of a Missionary Baptist church in Crum, WVa. Though I am the only Calvinist in the congregation, their by-laws say they adhere to the Philadelphia Confession of Faith. Huh? :) :D

• Like 2

Welcome SovereignGrace!!!

That's not a "Cage Stage Calvinist" in your avatar is it? ;)

Glad you joined us, from a fellow 5 Pointer....

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Welcome, "five pointer". I may be a 3 pointer, but are you a "hyper 5 pointer"? As I have gotten older I concentrate more on Jesus and less on what divides us.

So tell me how long have you been a "Follower" of Jesus? How do you serve him and what has faith in Jesus gotten you into? I like to ask these things as I love hearing how jesus is working in others life.

Justme

• Like 1

Welcome, "five pointer". I may be a 3 pointer, but are you a "hyper 5 pointer"? As I have gotten older I concentrate more on Jesus and less on what divides us.

So tell me how long have you been a "Follower" of Jesus? How do you serve him and what has faith in Jesus gotten you into? I like to ask these things as I love hearing how jesus is working in others life.

Justme

No, I am not a hyper. Hypers believes God will save His sheep whether they hear the gospel or not. As a Missionary Baptist, I have a YUGE problem with that.

• Like 3

Hi Brother, WELCOME TO CF :) So they're lett'n Calvinists into Missionary Baptist Churches, eh :eek: Isn't that one of the sure signs that the end of the age is upon us ;)

Just kidd'n, I'm a Calvinist too (5 points), for about the last 20 yrs or so. I was a pretty outspoken Arminian for about 10 yrs prior to that, but I kept running into things that didn't make sense from the free will POV. Then I read Sproul's, Chosen By God, which answered many of the questions I'd been asking myself, and I've been a Calvinist ever since.

I'm part of an evangelical denomination (EvFree), but they take an agnostic position on the issues of Arminianism and Calvinism (due to the ability to ably support either one Biblically in their opinion), so members are free to believe as they feel the Lord is leading them to believe (about Arminianism and Calvinism anyway).

Looking forward to seeing you out around the boards.

Yours and His,

David

• Like 2

Hi Justme,

Anything less than a Five Point Calvinist is like a person contradicting at any one or multiple points in a theorem and claiming to be a Logician. Another words it's Five Points or nothing: https://www.christforums.org/forum/c...oint-calvinist

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Justme

I have been a follower(don't understand the " " around follower) of the Christ for almost 10 years. I work in a smaller hospital as a lab tech on night shift. I have been able to witness to many ppl there. I preach His word, telling sinners they need to repent and believe the gospel, to call upon the name of Jesus, to place their faith in Him.

• Like 1