The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
faither

Am i in the right place ?

Hi , my name is Jon . I've been engaging in the christian discussion sites off and on for 15 years. I've never really found a site that felt like i belonged there. I've come across a lot of closet Dispys , even more easy believism, and a host of others. I've been taught by a hard core protestant called Dr. Gene Scott for over 30 years. The Salvation process and how Faith works is a topic that i love to talk about in depth. Am i in the right place here ? Maybe someone could direct me to the best forum ? thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Jon, WELCOME TO CF :) Considering your description, I think you may well have found the "right place" for you, but that will be for you to decide after you've spent some time with us here, of course. I think William's vision for this place, and how he chooses to moderate it, is what sets it apart from the others.

I'm glad you found us! I'm looking forward to getting to know you and to growing in Christ together with you. I too enjoy discussing the different aspects of soteriology (and the differences in understanding that we see among the churches within the pale .. as long as those discussions remain, well, "discussions" that is ;)).

Yours and His,

David

• Like 2

Hi Jon, WELCOME TO CF :) Considering your description, I think you may well have found the "right place" for you, but that will be for you to decide after you've spent some time with us here, of course. I think William's vision for this place, and how he chooses to moderate it, is what sets it apart from the others.

I'm glad you found us! I'm looking forward to getting to know you and to growing in Christ together with you. I too enjoy discussing the different aspects of soteriology (and the differences in understanding that we see among the churches within the pale .. as long as those discussions remain, well, "discussions" that is ;)).

Yours and His,

David

Thanks David , i'm not sure where to start a thread in the soteriology forum, any suggestions?

Hi Jon, I suppose it depends on the particular subject matter you want to discuss. For instance, if it has to do with our understanding of "free will" and how God is understood to be "sovereign" in that light, either the Arminianism or the Calvinism boards would be the place to go. Or if you'd like to talk about the Protestant understanding of salvation by grace alone through faith alone and compare it to the RCC's belief in faith + works, you might try the Reformed Theology board (or the Theology Debate board if you can come up with a Roman Catholic to take the opposing view that is ;)).

What subject would you like to discuss first?

Edited by David Lee
  • Like 1

Hi , my name is Jon . I've been engaging in the christian discussion sites off and on for 15 years. I've never really found a site that felt like i belonged there. I've come across a lot of closet Dispys , even more easy believism, and a host of others. I've been taught by a hard core protestant called Dr. Gene Scott for over 30 years. The Salvation process and how Faith works is a topic that i love to talk about in depth. Am i in the right place here ? Maybe someone could direct me to the best forum ? thanks.

Ah, "the angry apologist" Gene Scott! I used to love watching Dr. Gene and Melissa Scott when I began my Christian walk. You chose the name "faither" I remember Gene Scott saying there should be such a word because faith is an "action" based on belief sustained by confidence.

I think you'll find a home here Faither, and if you want to engage in topics to do with the heart of Protestant Reformation Theology may I suggest our Reformed Theology or Calvinism category?

Make yourself at home and enjoy the fruits of fellowship!

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Hi Jon, I suppose it depends on the particular subject matter you want to discuss. For instance, if it has to do with our understanding of "free will" and how God is understood to be "sovereign" in that light, either the Arminianism or the Calvinism boards would be the place to go. Or if you'd like to talk about the Protestant understanding of salvation by grace alone through faith alone and compare it to the RCC's belief in faith + works, you might try the Reformed Theology board (or the Theology Debate board if you can come up with a Roman Catholic to take the opposing view that is ;)).

What subject would you like to discuss first?

Lets start by talking about Rom. 8:9 , i'll start a thread on the reformed theology forum today.

Thanks again David

Ah, "the angry apologist" Gene Scott! I used to love watching Dr. Gene and Melissa Scott when I began my Christian walk. You chose the name "faither" I remember Gene Scott saying there should be such a word because faith is an "action" based on belief sustained by confidence.

I think you'll find a home here Faither, and if you want to engage in topics to do with the heart of Protestant Reformation Theology may I suggest our Reformed Theology or Calvinism category?

God bless,

William

LOL , ya he was one of a kind. He taught me things he never knew he was teaching me. I also came across Dr. Scott when i first started my relationship with Christ.

Thanks for the suggestions William, and also for the welcome. I use the reformed theology forum to start a thread today.

God bless,

William

I would be interested to talk about Dr. Scott with you. Is there a place to PM you.