The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
almostgreta

new here

Hi. I'm not good at introducing myself, but I'm a Catholic-and-Congregationalist-influenced Episcopalian who lost faith for about 16 years, during which time I came to a belief in predestination; was called back to faith in the last few months and am now attending a Lutheran church instead of my old Episcopal one because it's closer to home. I am psychiatrically disabled (severe OCD) and I praise God for making me so, because disabled people remind everyone that people are valuable for who they are rather than what they can do.

• Like 1

Hey Brother, I agree with your statement, "Exegesis precede theology", and just wish that it was always true. However, it seems just as true today that, "Eisegesis precedes theology", and that, unfortunately, among several of the churches that fall within the pale (though I am mostly thinking of one church in particular that seems particularly guilty this :().

May we never find ourselves doing likewise (even if unintended)!

Yours in Christ,

David

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God,

a worker who does not need to be ashamed,

rightly dividing the word of truth"

2 Timothy 2:15

Edited by David Lee
  • Like 1

Hi A/G, I already welcomed you in your Open Theism thread, but thank you for your excellent introduction in this one :) I also love the reminder that we are valuable to Him because we are human "beings", not because we are human "doings" ;)

In Christ,

David

"God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish,

but have everlasting life"

John 3:16

Edited by David Lee
  • Like 1