The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
whysewserious

New to the Christian Forum World!

Hello there! This is my first time exploring a Christian forum at all. I grew up in a Southern Baptist home, we "re-classified" ourselves as non-denominational as I grew up. My dad was military and we moved all over the world, so finding churches was often a challenge. We lost my mom six years ago, and thus began a major struggle with my personal faith. I have come to realize that I absolutely do still believe in Jesus, but I also have a lot of mending to do on my end as far as my relationship with Him goes. I currently attend a non-denominational church in my town periodically, but need to get back in the habit of it being a regular thing. I am hoping to find people I can learn from, who have been through similar circumstances and rebuilt their faith, and hopefully get to the point where I can encourage others as well. I know this is going to be a fight, but I am willing to put the effort in. I thank you all in advance for having me, and for the good things to come!

• Like 1

Hi whysewserious, WELCOME TO CF :) I'm sure you'll be able to find answers to many/most of your questions, and find some great online fellowship here as well. I also agree with you about church, the most important thing of all is for you to be in regular fellowship again locally.

I look forward to seeing you around the boards here and growing in Christ together with you.

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

~David

Thank you for the warm welcomes! So far I have been very engaged and if I can make this a supplement to other activities in my walk, I think it could be a positive change. I appreciate the encouragement and discussions thus far and anticipate good things to come.