The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Sign in to follow this  
LeapOfFaith89

Favorite Christian Singers/Bands?

Michael Card is definitely high on my list. I also love "Glad" and "First Call". Kari Jobe comes to mind for contemporary worship music. And oddly for this 60 yr old, I also like a lot of Lacrea's music.

--David

Edited by David Lee

My favourite Christian band is Hillsong Young & Free and favourite singer is Hollyn. They are awesome. There's many other good options like Chris Tomlin, Jesus Culture, for Kings & Country, Matthew West, etc. and they all are amazing.

I like a variety of artists across many genres.

TobyMac

Selah

Michael Card

Newsboys

Kelly Willard

Building 429

Chris Tomlin

Casting Crowns

Kari Jobe

Skillet (Did I say that out loud?) :p

Andrew Peterson

Audio Adrenaline

Bebo Norman

Third Day

Shane and Shane

Bryan Duncan

Christy Nockels (Watermark)

Phil Wickham

Colton Dixon

Ginny Owens

Lauren Daigle

Mandisa

I probably missed a few. :)

• Like 2

I would have to say MerceMe, hands down.

I don't much care for Skillet, as I have found their lyrics to be rather naive, if not entirely misleading to new believers. I have found it interesting, however, that I have heard their music played on secular hard rock stations.

I love Brooke Fraser - her voice is amazing. She's sung for Hillsong before so some of you might know her already.

I also really like Matt Redman. His stuff is a regular on my playlists!

I am not really that big into Christian music, I mean I like it and all but it is just not something that I actively research or get into on a regular basis. I am kind of that way with all music, though, so it is nothing against the genre. I have heard of Brooke Frasier and from what I remember she was very talented and did have a great voice, and some of the other ones of the list that @BookishGirl compiled rang some bells, but nothing substantial. Thanks for sharing though, and maybe I will look a little more into some of the names here.

I am not really that big into Christian music, I mean I like it and all but it is just not something that I actively research or get into on a regular basis. I am kind of that way with all music, though, so it is nothing against the genre. I have heard of Brooke Frasier and from what I remember she was very talented and did have a great voice, and some of the other ones of the list that @BookishGirl compiled rang some bells, but nothing substantial. Thanks for sharing though, and maybe I will look a little more into some of the names here.

One of my favorites by her is the song Faithful.

When I can't feel you, I have learned to reach out just the same

When I can't hear you, I know you still hear every word I pray

And i want you more than I want to live another day

And as I wait for you maybe I'm made more faithful

Although I have many favorite Christian Singers. Jeremy Camp is at the top of my list. My favorite song is Christ In Me.

He is a wonderful songwriter, singer and Christian Musician.:)

• Like 1

My favorite Christian band is Hill Song United. I really love their songs ever since the first time hearing them. Two of my favorites are Still and Through It All. I remember the first time I heard their songs when a local band in our church played Still and I got goosebumps all over and started to cry. I can say that it's lyrics and melody are very powerful especially when you are in a tough situation.

• Like 1

I like Enya and see her(irish singer songwriter)listed under Christian music sometimes but they usually list her under the New Age category. Her music does have some angelic choruses though and her songs do deal with the human condition a lot like grief,love and the beauty of nature. Enya does create some heavenly music though,and it feeds the soul and their is religious music on her albums as well.

I only have two brands that i actually enjoy listening to and who follow closely for their latest updates and tracks, which are Red and Skillet.

Mine would be Owl City. Adam Young is the only constant member of that band I love his songs. His songs have a deep meaning. :)